Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Unlocked Cell Phone Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with $99 deductible
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB Unlocked Phone - International Version (Arctic Silver)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- International Version; Compatible with all GSM carriers worldwide (i.e. carriers that use a SIM) card. Not compatible with CDMA Carriers such as Sprint and Verizon Wireless)
- Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) Processor
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED (2960x1440), Infinity Display: a bezel-less, full-frontal, edge-to-edge screen
- Dual Megapixel Rear Cameras + Front-Facing 8 Megapixel Camera
- Foolproof Security; Iris Scanning irises have patterns that are unique to you to keep your phone and its contents secure.
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $39.94.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Introducing The Stunning Infinity Display
The revolutionary design of the Galaxy S8 begins from the inside out. We rethought every part of the phone's layout to break through the confines of the smartphone screen. So all you see is pure content and no bezel. It's the biggest, most immersive screen on a Galaxy smartphone of this size. And it's easy to hold in one hand.
Infinity Display: Beyond The Bezel
The Infinity Display sets a new standard for uninterrupted, immersive experiences. It enables an expanded screen size without necessitating a larger phone. So while the view is grander, Galaxy S8 feels small in your hand, making them easy to hold and use.
The Big Screen That Feels Small
You'll immediately notice the comfortable grip of the smooth curves, which allow you to hold on easily while you watch movies on the larger screen. And important short cuts are a swipe away, as the edge screen is available on Galaxy S8.
Sleek All Around
Complimenting the uniform front is the equally smooth silhouette on the back. The rear camera sits perfectly flushed with the surface for a visually tranquil profile.
The Phone That Opens Up New Worlds
More Screen Means More Is Seen
Be it movies or games, you'll get drawn into the action on the Galaxy S8 screen. With the 18.5:9 display ratio, you get the whole scene on your screen.
Scroll Less, Do More
Text while you watch a movie or make a list while you browse. You're able to multitask efficiently due to the bigger screen, and you can choose what your focus is by easily resizing the windows. And when just one thing has your attention, you'll see more of the article or your social media feed, so you scroll less.
Invisible But Accessible
The new navigation keys are no different from the physical ones you're used to. Only they're now beautifully inconspicuous — until you need them. The home key is where it normally is, and it works just as usual with a simple press.
Styled For The Future
Enjoy seamless navigation on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ with a sleek and clean interface that aligns beautifully with the smooth Infinity Display. As you unlock from the AOD (Always On Display) and switch between apps, the visual journey on screen is just as striking as the exterior.
|Camera||Front: 8MP AF F1.7 Aperture||Rear: Dual Pixel 12MP AF OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)|
|Performance||Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor Octa-core (2.35GHz Quad + 1.9GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor.*||-|
|Expandable Memory & SIM Card||Single SIM model: one Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 256GB) .**||Single SIM model (Hybrid SIM slot): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 256GB).**|
|Battery||Battery Capacity: 3000mAh.||Battery Life: MP3 playback (AOD on): up to 44 hrs. MP3 playback (AOD Off): up to 67 hrs. Video playback: up to 16 hrs. Talk time: up to 20 hrs. Internet use (Wi-Fi): up to 14 hrs. Internet use (3G): up to 11 hrs. Internet use (4G): up to 12 hrs.***|
|Charging||Fast Charging on wired and wireless Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA. For any further information please refer to the official Samsung website.||-|
|Disclaimers||*May differ by country and carrier. **May differ by markets and mobile operators.||***Data based on devices released in Europe. Actual results may vary depending on usage and environmental factors.|
Compare with similar items
Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked 64GB - US Version (Midnight Black) - US Warranty
Samsung Galaxy S9 Unlocked Smartphone - Lilac Purple - US Warranty
Samsung Galaxy S8+ 64GB Unlocked Phone - 6.2" Screen - International Version (Midnight Black)
Samsung Galaxy S8 G950FD(MIDNIGHT BLACK) 64GB DUAL SIM Unlocked International Version/No Warranty
Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB, Orchid Gray - Verizon + GSM Factory Unlocked 4G LTE (Certified Refurbished)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Camera Description||—||12||Super Speed Dual Pixel Rear: 12MP OIS (F1.5/F2.4) Front: 8MP AF (F1.7)||—||—||—|
|Screen Size||5.5 in||5.8 in||5.8 in||5.1 in||5.8 in||5.8 in|
|Item Dimensions||0.31 x 5.86 x 2.68 in||2.68 x 5.86 x 0.31 in||—||2.89 x 6.28 x 0.32 in||3.5 x 6 x 0.2 in||2.9 x 0.3 x 6.3 in|
|Item Weight||5.47 ounces||1 lb||—||1.1 lbs||4.8 ounces||0.5 lb|
|Operating System||google_android||android;android 7||Android||google_android||google_android||—|
Latest Galaxy phone with Infinity Display, Duel Pixel Camera, iris scanning and Ip68-rated water and dust resistance. The phone comes with a stunning 5.8" Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display (2960x1440) with 570 ppi and world's first 10nm processor.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Gorgeous & futuristic phone, industry-leading screen, excellent and reliable (rear AND front) camera, full-day battery, water and dust proof, wireless (fast) charging, and Bluetooth 5.0! On the downside, it won't receive timely software updates, and fingerprint scanner location is a minor setback.
It's hard to choose your next phone because there are so many good options today, and potentially good phones coming later this year (2017). By now you've probably seen a million reviews on the S8, but it doesn't make the decision easier. Here's my suggestion, in two quick steps. Make sure none of the cons below are deal-breakers for you. Then, look over the list of unique advantages, and see if they get you excited enough to pay the hefty $750. If you're still here after that, then welcome to the club! Be sure to check out my final tips for maximizing your S8 experience.
1. Edge screen is beautiful, but annoying in two situations. It creates visual distortions a little (less than S7 Edge though). It is also difficult to hold the phone up in the air, face down (e.g. before sleep), as the phone is prone to accidentally registering side touches. A case remedies the latter problem, but I dislike putting a case on such a beautiful phone (see pro tip #1).
2. Samsung is not very good with software updates. If you take great pleasure from trying new Android in a timely manner, this isn't for you -- the only two options are iPhones and Pixels. That said, keep in mind that new software updates typically slow down the phone.
3. Fingerprint scanner location has been mentioned a gazillion times. Yes, I wish it was on the front. No, it really isn't that bad on an S8 (S8+ is a different story). You know, we have this thing called "muscle memory".. It took me two days to adjust to the new location, and now I have no problems. If you really hate it, try facial recognition or iris scanner, they're very good (see pro tip #8)
4. The phone has glass back that’s prone to cracking, so watch out if you’re clumsy. But see pro tip #1
5. S8 doesn’t have monster battery life, and it needs to be charged once a day. If you need to go past a day, look elsewhere.
6. Some are disappointed about a lack of dual-camera. Personally, the rear camera is wide enough that I am rarely in a situation where I feel the need for a wide-angle lens (like in LG). An optical zoom would have been nice (like in Iphone 7+), but not really an issue for me (see pro tip #6)
1. Futuristic aesthetics of a bezelless all-screen phone. This doesn’t really improve the functionality of the phone, but there’s just something satisfying about this futuristic experience.
2. The screen is just so damn beautiful, no contest here. Always-on display is useful.
3. As of today, it’s the only phone that checks ALL of my needs: Excellent rear camera, excellent front camera (reviewers too often ignore this), water proof, dust proof, wireless (fast) charging, full-day battery life, a headphone jack, a micro SD card slot, fingerprint scanner, and after using the S8, Bluetooth 5.0!
4. Bluetooth 5.0 is amazing. S8 is a first phone to come with this, and it’s awesome. I frequently use the ability to connect to two different speakers at once, for a surround-sound like experience in my room. You can also listen to the same music with your friend in a library, by connecting to two different headphones.
5. S8 is also the first phone to come with Gigabit LTE, which is nice for future-proofing the phone, but it doesn't quite help us yet.
1. Consider getting a tempered-glass screen protector (they’re better on S8 than on S7 Edge) and a Slickwraps/dbrand skin for the back. The skins make your phone look unique, improves grip, and it also helps cover up cracks if you’ve dropped your phone. Slickwraps frequently has discount promotions on their website, so watch out for that. Don’t use a case, enjoy the beautiful phone!
2. Bixby is useless, and if you’re like me, most “Smart” assistants are still generally not helpful and just raises privacy concerns. You can remap the Bixby button (as of April 2017): See https://www.xda-developers.com/3-applications-bypass-bixby-restriction/
3. General Android tip: Go to Settings, Developer Options, set Window/Transition/Animator animation scales to x0.5 to speed things up (Google this if you don’t know what I mean)
4. General AMOLED tip: Take advantage of black wallpapers to save battery life
5. Set screen resolution up to QHD. In my experience it barely affects battery life in everyday use. Going HD will significantly improve battery life if you are a heavy gamer, or use CPU intensive apps a lot.
6. If you really miss dual-camera set-ups in other phones, consider getting a separate smartphone camera lens kit that sells for ~$20. They’re less convenient than a built-in dual lens, but on the upside they’re much more versatile and fun.
7. If you are still not convinced whether to buy S8, then wait. Most phones (except iPhones and Pixels) drop prices relatively quickly, and you may be able to snatch one up cheap refurbished in auction sites.
8. Contrary to some reviews, the facial recognition and the iris scanner are reliable and fast. In my experience, how you register your face/iris determines how effective it will be. If you wear glasses, register with glasses on. Also, register under medium lighting conditions and not in extreme conditions. You want the phone to be able to recognize you under different environments.
It's a really nice phone, highly recommended.
Very disappointing to me.
Most recent customer reviews
After my nerdy teenager had Apple phones for about 6 years, his birthday wish was the Samsung Galaxy S8 because it's just...Read more