Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titan..." and save 53% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 1.9 GHz Exynos 5 Octa Processor (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core)
- 16 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory. Wi-Fi ONLY, not 4G Compatible.
- Camera: 8MP Rear with LED Flash + 2.1MP Front, Connectivity: ac dual band wifi
- Super AMOLED Display with 2560x1600 WQXGA Resolution
- Features Ultra Power Saving Mode and Fingerprint Scanner
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Samsung Galaxy SM-T713NZKEXAR Tab S2 8.0, 32GB, Black
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-Inch Tablet (Wi-Fi)(16 GB, Smoky Titanium)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium Bronze)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Dazzling White) (Certified Refurbished)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4-Inch Tablet (Black), 16GB
|Price||From $185.00||See price in cart||$167.99||$595.99||$222.95||$429.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Rocket Service||Edge Cellular||YourDigitalFriend|
|Color||Titanium Bronze||Black||Smoky Titanium||Titanium Bronze||Dazzling White||Black|
|RAM Size||3 GB||3 GB||1.5 GB||3 GB||1 GB||2 GB|
|Screen Size||8.4 in||8 in||8 in||10.5 in||1 in||8.4 in|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||16||32||16||16||16 GB||16 GB|
|Hard-Drive Size||16 GB||0 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Item Dimensions||4.94 x 8.37 x 0.26 in||5.31 x 7.82 x 0.22 in||5.43 x 8.2 x 0.3 in||0.26 x 9.74 x 6.98 in||5.8 x 9.2 x 9.5 in||5.05 x 8.62 x 0.28 in|
|Item Weight||1.2 lbs||0.6 lb||0.69 lb||1.6 lbs||—||0.73 lb|
|Native Resolution||1600 x 2560||2048 x 1536 pixels||1024 x 768 pixels||2560x1600||Super AMOLED display (1600 x 2560)||2560x1600|
|Operating System||Android 4.4 KitKat||Android 6.0, Marshmallow||Android 5.0||Android 4.4||Android 4.2||Android 4.4|
|Wireless Technology||Bluetooth||Bluetooth,Wifi||Bluetooth+ Wi-Fi+3G||Bluetooth||WiFi||WiFi|
At a Glance:
- Super AMOLED 8.4-inch display for bright and vivid graphics
- Use two apps at the same time with Multi Window
- Rear and front cameras for photos and video chat
- Lightweight, ultra-thin design for portability
- Add up to 128 GB memory with microSD slot
- Fingerprint scanner for security
- Share tablet with Multi-User and Kids Modes
- Up to ten hours of battery life, and even more with Ultra Power Saving mode
Experience Immersive Entertainment with Super AMOLED Display
Super AMOLED Display Delivers Vivid Graphics
Enjoy rich graphics and clear text while you watch movies, play games, or read books on the 8.4-inch screen. With twice the resolution of an HDTV, the Super AMOLED display provides vivid images and extra-crisp contrast.
Use Two Apps Side by Side with Multi Window Feature
Do more on your tablet with the Multi Window feature. It conveniently allows you to use two apps, side-by-side, and drag content from one window to the other. Listen to music and browse for lyrics, type emails while referencing other documents, or compare content on two websites at the same time.
Built-in Cameras for Photos and Video Chat
Equipped with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2.1-megapixel front camera, the Galaxy Tab S lets you take high-quality photos and video chat with friends and family members.
Thin, Lightweight Design and Expandable Memory
Lightweight Tablet is Easy to Carry
The Galaxy Tab S is Samsung's thinnest and lightest tablet yet. Measuring just 0.26 inches thin and weighing less than 1 pound, the Galaxy Tab S is easy to carry and hold as you watch movies and play games.
Sleek, Stylish Design
Proudly show off the sleek, polished design of the Galaxy Tab S. Choose between dazzling white or titanium bronze for entertainment with a stylish look.
Expandable Memory to Store Photos, Music, and Videos
The tablet offers 16 GB of onboard memory and includes a microSD card slot that allows you to add up to 128 GB of memory, making it easy to store more songs, videos, photos, and games.
Innovations for Everyday Convenience
Fingerprint Scanner for Security
Keep your tablet and your content secure with the swipe of a finger. The fingerprint scanner captures and stores your fingerprints, so you can easily unlock your tablet and prevent unwanted access. If more than one person uses the tablet, the fingerprint scanner will automatically unlock the specific multi-user profile.
Share Your Tablet with Multi-User and Kids Modes
Great for sharing your tablet with family members, Multi-User Mode lets you add up to eight profiles including your own. This allows up to eight different users to log in separately, so you each see only your own apps, backgrounds, and email. Children can use Kids Mode, a colorful and fun interface that parents can customize with kids' apps and time limits.
Ultra Power Saving Mode Maximizes Battery Life
Avoid draining your battery with the Ultra Power Saving Mode. It turns your screen to black and white and shuts off nonessential apps to prolong battery life when you need it most.
Extra Features for a Seamless Samsung Galaxy Experience
Share, Sync, and Edit with Ease
Make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and view and control your Samsung Galaxy S 5 directly from your Galaxy Tab S with SideSync. If you're away from the office and need to get work done, you can access, edit, and save documents using Hancom Office. Smart Switch makes it easy to upgrade to a new device by effortlessly moving your contacts, photos, and media.
Listen to Ad-Free Radio with MilkMusic
Choose from over 200 radio stations to hear music you love with MilkMusic, an ad-free radio service exclusive to Galaxy owners and powered by Slacker. Use the interactive dial to surf stations and select genres to play through the tablet's built-in stereo speakers. Adjust preferences and create your own stations for a personalized listening experience, with no lag time between songs.
Magazines Come to Life
Flip through your favorite sports, fashion, and news magazines in Papergarden. You'll easily navigate through your favorite reads and see everything at a resolution that's optimized for your Galaxy Tab S screen, so photography looks stunning and text is easy to read.
Receive Personalized Recommendations with WatchON and Use Your Tablet as a Remote Control
The WatchON feature lets you type in your zip code and cable provider to browse and search current TV listings and get personalized recommendations based on your viewing history. The built in IR blaster allows you to use your tablet as a universal remote control.
The Galaxy Tab S also comes with Galaxy Gifts that enable you to get the most out of your tablet with premium content and service offerings. To get all the available offers, go to the Galaxy Gifts widget on your Tab S.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, USB charging cable, wall adapter, and quick start guide.
Top customer reviews
1. Gorgeous display.
2. Slim and light. Great portability.
3. Very fast, good performance.
4. Good battery life.
5. Fingerprint sensor.
6. Micro SD card support up to 128 GB.
1. The tablet comes with a lot of bloatware.
2. No S Pen support.
3. Camera is mediocre.
I have managed to get my hands into the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 for the last couple of weeks. I was very excited to give it a try when I saw the Samsung announcement. I have to say after a trying it out for some time I can honestly say I am impressed. Below I will give you my thoughts on the tablet.
1. By far the most compelling reason to buy this tablet is the display. It looks really amazing. It has top of the line resolution of 2560 x 1600 giving it 359 pixels per inch. But it is not the resolution that makes the display so unique but the Super AMOLED technology that creates bigger contrast in colors. Colors look saturated and slightly unrealistic but there is no denying they look great. At the end I think it is a matter of preference, if you like the display of the Samsung Galaxy S5 then you will certainly like the display of the tablet. You can tell Samsung made this particular tablet for content consumption. Everything from pictures, videos to magazines look very impressive.
During sunlight exposure the display has to be cranked up almost all the way up for you to read comfortably. I noticed that videos look better in direct sunlight that previous Samsung tablets I have used. I put my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) model tablet side by side and it just pales in comparison.
2. This tablet is one of the thinnest and lightest tablets in the market. It is even lighter than the IPad Retina Mini and that is certainly saying a lot. In terms of weight it easily rivals 7 inch tablets. It weight the same as the Nexus 7 (2013). Keep in mind the Nexus 7 screen is only 7 inches as opposed the Tab S 8.4 inch display. I can easily hold the tablet one handed for extended periods of time. In terms of weight it is as close to the Amazon Kindle E-reader as I experienced. As far as the outside of the tablet is concerned it is made of the exact material and texture of the Samsung Galaxy S5. It is plastic but it has a soft, very comfortable dimple back that does not collect fingerprint. Not as nice looking as the IPad but a great improvement from previous generations. Besides that plastic back is what allows the tablet to keep the weight down.
3. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is considered a high end tablet and it has the specs to back it up. The Wifi model that I have been using has a Samsung made Exynos 5 Octa core processor. Four of the cores are running at 1.9 GHz and four cores running at 1.3 GHz. It also comes with 3 GB of RAM memory. What does this all mean? That it can handle just about everything you can throw at it and more. The processor in this tablet is designed for optimum performance. In my time using the tablet I have not discovered any slow down at all. Multitasking works incredible well. The only thing I did not like was the Samsung Keyboard. I personally do not use it because it tends to lag. Instead I installed the Google Keyboard. It performs much smoother. The rest of the interface however is fluid and smooth. Games open very fast and browser performance is better than ever. I have absolutely no complaints when it comes to performance.
4. The battery in the tablet has a capacity of 4900 mah. Samsung claims that the battery life is for 10 hours of web use. On a typical day after using it to catch up on morning news, listening to some music, a couple hours of Netflix and YouTube I still go to bed with around 40-50% battery. That is with the brightness at a little less than half. One day I was reading outside and decided to crank up the brightness all the way up. I lost about 20% in an hour. Games also tend to use the battery faster but that is to be expected. For normal everyday use you should have no problem getting through your day with it.
5. Android has a lot of different locking method for your devices. I feel that other than a long password the safest way to lock your device is by fingerprint. The fingerprint scanner in this tablet is the same model found on the Galaxy S5. You have to swipe your finger across it as opposed to the one in the IPhone 5S where you only have to place your finger and it unlocks itself. I found the fingerprint scanner to be more accurate than the one on the S5. You still have to be careful how you swipe the finger but it fails less often than on the Galaxy S5. You have the option of using several fingers to unlock the device that way more than one person has access to the tablet at all times.
6. The tablet supports Micro SD cards up to 128 GB in capacity. This is great because the tablet itself only comes with 16 GB of storage built in which is lacking in today’s world. I myself use a 64 GB card with the tablet and there I have been able to store over 10 movies, over 1000 songs and a few hundred family pictures. The Micro SD cards now a day are cheaper than ever and they provide so much flexibility. It is a real convenience and I am glad Samsung has decided to support its use for so long.
1. If you have ever used a Samsung Galaxy phone in the past you know they usually come with a lot of prepackaged apps. That is not the exception here. It comes with a TON of Samsung apps. The vast majority of them I have not even touched until this day.
2. One of the things that bummed me out a little bit about this tablet is that it doesn’t support the S pen. The S Pen is useful to take notes and to make drawings and it has been a staple of Samsung tablets over the last couple of years. I have a feeling they did not included because the S Pen might not be compatible with the Super AMOLED screen.
3. You can clearly tell that manufacturers just don’t place much emphasis on the camera for tablets. Even though the Galaxy Tab S is a premium tablet the camera looks more like one found in a mid-range phone. The camera on the back is 8 MP. That is above average for tablets but is not really anything that will impress you at this point. Photos in good sunlight came out fairly good. Indoors and at night the pictures looked grainy and you had to be really still for them not to get blurry. The same performance was seen during videos. The camera has no image stabilization therefore you have to have a very steady hand or else the video looks very shaky. I can’t really say I am going to be using it much. The front facing camera is 2.1 MP and it performs as well as you could hope for. It is all right for the occasional Skype call but nothing too spectacular. It is average.
Overall, do I recommend this tablet? I whole heartedly do, especially if you are looking to use it for entertainment and media consumption. The display is fantastic for movies, pictures and reading. The design of the tablet itself is very thin, light and comfortable to use. In terms of overall size and weight the tablet is rivaling the 7 inch models from last year. The exclusion of the S Pen makes this tablet not the best in terms of productivity. If you are looking for productivity on a tablet maybe the Samsung Note series might be a better option for you.
I hope this review was useful and I will be looking to update it in the coming weeks.
If you are still unsure whether to purchase this tablet go to a local retail store and see for yourself. Compare it side by side with other tablets once you take a look at the display and the overall aesthetic I promise you will be impressed.
I will not attempt to evaluate Android 4.4 here, as there are more qualified people who can do that. If you are used to iOS operating system it is unlikely that you will switch platform because of the latest Android. If you are used to Android in your phones or other Android tablets, congratulation! You now have a tablet device choice that is far superior in term of physical features and technology than any currently in the market. The iPad Mini Retina (which I own) is in the same price range but doesn't even come close.
This tablet is a joy to use. Watching a high definition video on this tablet is a whole new amazing experience. Colors are richer and pictures are so sharp you could not believe it can get to that level. Playing the same video side by side with the iPad Mini retina or iPad 3 and you could tell the differences. The iPad 3 used to have the best screen in all tablets, but no longer. Next to Galaxy S, you would think it is almost dull and boring. I have heard of AMOLED , now I am totally convinced this is the new standard for tablet devices. Playing a video is as easy as clicking on the video file to play it after setting the default player the first time.
The Galaxy Tab S comes with only 16GB or 32 GB, but you can add an additional of 128GB of storage via a microSD slot on the side. There is not many 128GB microSD card available and still expensive, but with 64GB card, you could get to 80GB of total storage. Total cost: $440 versus $600 for a 64GB iPad mini retina and $699 for iPad Air. Adding a 128GB microSD card (around $120) is still cheaper than a 64GB version of either above iPads.
My Nexus 7 is only $220 but hardly belong in the same league. Nexus 7 has no rear camera, no storage expansion option and drained the battery so fast I have to charge it twice a day! A Nexus on full charge, leave in idle, would be dead in about 2 days. So on battery consumption, the Galaxy Tab S has about the same performance as the iPad's .
The camera app in the Galaxy Tab S is far superior to one on the iPad. There are several modes to chose from, most interesting is Dual Camera. You could imprint the image of the front camera to one taken by rear camera! How cool is that?? Image quality is about the same, but of course they look gorgeous on another level when viewing on the Galaxy Tab S.
The Galaxy Tab S is thin and light. So thin that I constantly worry that I would drop it. There is no cover/case for it yet and I hope the future cases have cut-outs for the tablet's stereo speakers. They are located on the side of the tablet, I constantly cover them with my fingers!
I am sure Apple will come up with something clever, hopefully in the same price range to stay competitive. Right now, this table is the reigning king of all tablets due to it price range, features and most importantly, it gorgeous screen.
7/1/14 update: WiFi performance on the Galaxy Tab S is superb; I streamed the same Nextflix movie to the Galaxy and iPad's side by side and the Galaxy really shined. While the iPads continued to buffer and finally gave up and displayed the movie in standard resolution, the Galaxy played the movie in HD with no hick-ups. I guess I could run a speedtest to have better data,but based on this I am not sure I need anymore proof. If you use this tablet mainly for surfing the web, watching streamed movies or playing videos, this tablet is the one to get!!