- Size (LWH): 0 inches, 0 inches, 0 inches
- Weight: 0 ounces
Samsung i5500 Corby Galaxy 5 Android Smartphone with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Touch Screen - No Warranty - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 2.8-inch TFT LCD display
- This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. Network: Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900MHz), 3G Band: 900 / 2100
- 16 million Colors; Full Touch Screen
- Camera Resolution: 2 Megapixel with Digital Zoom
- Operation System: Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
What it can do:
* Angry Birds - Some lagginess when a media player is cranking MP3s out in the background, but no major issues. Occasionally hangs up & has to be killed in lengthy sessions.
* Voice search - Requires installing the speech-to-text synthesizer, but impressive accuracy & works fine on this limited hardware.
* Froyo - The Latin America firmware seems to work. Not accessible through Samsung's provided Keis software, but available from third parties.
* Speaker - Respectable music playback & spoken word playback for its price range
* Camera - Take decent stills for its price range.
* Unplug/Plug-in pause/resume - Addictive feature, but likely common to many Android devices.
* Decent battery life - I've been charging it every two days or so, with regular use of the Wi-Fi in the evening and 3-4 hours of daily use as a media player with the screen turned off. Otherwise always kept in standby. (Again, this is SIM-free, no GSM radio usage.)
* Wi-Fi - WPA2 Wi-Fi support. Tethering seems to be an option in the Froyo firmware. Didn't check the stock.Read more ›
They also are great for travelers since the rest of the world uses GSM. It's wasy to get cheap sim cards all over the world, saving you roaming charges.
MobileCityOnline supplied my order via Amazon. Although I requested second day air, 6 days elapsed between placing the amazon order and arrival.
They appeared new on arrival despite broken seals on the boxes. They came configured for Slovenia. So, you have to go into the settings (in slovenian) and set the language to english US. Kind of tricky but doable. Takes about two minutes.
From there after charging first time I installed $5 ATT sim cards and the phones were able to place and receive calls. The nice thing is ATT lets you choose how to pay when you set up the sim card accounts. You can either post pay or prepay. Since we're not big talkers I chose prepay. This setup actually works better than my Tracphone and my old Virgin Mobile phone. Every call pops up a window at the end showing what the cost was and how much is left. Nice. ATT's website also logs every call and transaction. Cool.
WiFi setup was straightforward. Connect to the access points it sees, maybe enter a password, and you're online. Once online you can click on the App Market icon and download whatever apps you like. The only bug I ran into is if you connect to access points that require a username/password to log in, and they use self signed certificates. You may have to use the Opera browser so the redirect works correctly and you can get connected.
Once you are on WiFi you can configure your google account and it will sync your google contacts and calendar and you have gmail in a shrunken down mobile version.Read more ›
I'd list here my overall impressions after using it for about a week:
1- Well built & light handset, with small screen, decent resolution (don't expect AMOLED sharp, but it is good)
2- Responsive capacitive, single point touch screen (so no pinching or any other two-touch gestures).
3- This is essentially the i5500 Europa, which has the android 2.1, and android market access.
4- The camera is OK, but poor focus with mediocre images, so take it as it is, a phone camera.
5- Registering into the android market was a little slow, but I did it through registering my gmail account via wifi only, then things started to work well after that ( I use them mainly with wifi, without issues)
6- I'm trying to get the navigator to work with offline maps, but it seems tricky, I'll give update if I get it to work.
7- Using the supplied Keis software on win 7, I was able to sync with my outlook directly for calendar & contacts, in addition to Google sync too.
8- Finally, downloading the android app killer app is a must, so you can keep your phone running smoothly.
All in all, a great smart phone, with good and peppy operating system that you can try with pleasure, without being forced to commit to the obscene mandatory data charges & 2Y contract extension with your service carrier.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Use this phone as an overseas phone and it works fine. If you use other Samsung Galaxy phones this will be no problems. Read morePublished 1 month ago by stanley weber
This is basically a dumb phone in smart phone packaging. Just a step above Chinese "smarphones". Don't expect much and you might not be disappointed.Published 6 months ago by AppalachianDIY
This phone seemed ok...but it is hard to navigate, difficult to understand how to operate and generally not user friendly. Read morePublished on May 19, 2014 by KabulPickle
I bought this from another vendor back in 2011 (it was $178 at the time -- the cheapest name brand smart phone....price has gone down significantly!). Read morePublished on May 17, 2014 by Fried Wonton
I recommend it. It is exactly as published. I arrive at the stipulated time. Good product. Greetings from Mérida - VenezuelaPublished on April 13, 2013 by hastidias
I've had this phone for over a year now. When I got it (as a gift), I was thrilled beyond belief. This phone has so many great features (everything I wanted except a built-in FM... Read morePublished on February 1, 2013 by Holly J Markel
As described. Excellent phone, Android really rules, I've found many usefull apps, this phone came well packaged, fast shipment ok.Published on January 29, 2013 by sgiraldoa
Works for me, indeed. I have only downloaded about 10 apps or so and it has worked perfectly. It does crash, like, all the time, but i'm sure it has to do with the apps i've... Read morePublished on January 16, 2013 by José