Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 with Android Jelly Bean v4..." and save 32% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 with Android Jelly Bean v4.3 OS, 16.3MP CMOS with 21x Optical Zoom and 4.8" Touch Screen LCD (WiFi & NFC - Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WiFi with Android 4.3 (Jellybean) for access to Apps and sharing on the go.
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Photobeam, DirectLink, MobileLink, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder, AllShare
- 4.8" HD Super Clear Display - Huge Screen for crisp and beautiful previews and playback.
- 21x Optical Zoom for great shots up front or from a distance
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Samsung WB35F 16.2MP Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 12x Optical Zoom and 2.7" LCD (White)
Samsung WB350F - 16.3MP BSI CMOS, 21X Optical Zoom, 3-inch LCD touchscreen, 1080p HD Video, Smart WiFi and NFC Digital Camera - Blue
Samsung WB1100F 16.2MP CCD Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 35x Optical Zoom, 3.0" LCD and 720p HD Video (Red)
Samsung ST150F 16.2MP Smart WiFi Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3.0" LCD Screen (Black)
Samsung WB2200F 16.3MP CMOS Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 60x Optical Zoom, 3.0" LCD and 1080p HD Video (Black)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||$4.92||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||greatpower 8||6ave||Amazon.com||Web Offers|
|Screen Size||4.8 in||2.7 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||0.75 x 5.24 x 2.8 in||1.1 x 3.98 x 2.4 in||0.98 x 4.49 x 2.56 in||3.78 x 4.92 x 3.43 in||0.71 x 3.7 x 2.28 in||4.13 x 4.69 x 4.8 in|
|Item Weight||0.62 lb||6.88 ounces||0.61 lb||1.13 lbs||4 ounces||1.56 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16.3 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||16.2 megapixels||16.3 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p||720p||1080p||720p||1280 x 720 (30, 15 fps), 640 x 480 (30, 15 fps), 320 x 240 (30, 15fps)||1920 x 1080 (30p), 1280 x 720 (30p), 640 x 480 (30P)|
The Galaxy Camera 2 lets users enjoy the full benefits of the Android platform. Intuitive to use and faster than ever before, users can navigate the Galaxy Camera 2 functions with ease-of use and focus on capturing the perfect shot rather than having to filter through complex settings. With an enhanced battery life (2000mAh), avid photographers can enjoy the photography experience for longer period of time and have the ability to take even more beautiful pictures.
From the Manufacturer
Take brilliant photos and videos and share them with ease using the Samsung GALAXY Camera 2. This digital camera has Google's Android 4.3, Jelly Bean mobile operating system for access to a variety of photo apps and features. The 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display offers a clear, vibrant view, while the 21x zoom lens delivers impeccable images whether your subject is up close or far away. Wi-Fi capability makes it easy to back up photos and videos, post them to social networks, or send them to friends and family.
Line up your shot with a sharp 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display. (Shown in white) View larger.
Built-in Wi-Fi makes it easy to post photos and videos to social media sites. (Shown in white) View larger.
Simply tap the camera to your smartphone to instantly share an image. (Shown in white) View larger.
Samsung Link connects the camera wirelessly with other nearby Samsung Link-enabled devices. (Shown in white) View larger.
Android 4.3, Jelly Bean for Apps, Sharing, and More
With Android 4.3, Jelly Bean on board, the Samsung GALAXY Camera 2 brings all the benefits of having a smartphone OS into a camera. Powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, and featuring numerous camera and social networking apps, the GALAXY Camera 2 does what conventional cameras and smartphones by themselves can't. It enables you to capture brilliant images in low-lit settings and save photos to your PC or smartphone without using an SD card. The camera also allows you to edit photos right on the display and upload them wirelessly to Facebook and Instagram. In addition, the GALAXY Camera 2 gives you access to more than one million Android apps from Google Play.
HD Super Clear Display
A sharp 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display--with 308 pixels per inch and a full spectrum of colors--gives you a crisp view, whether you are taking and reviewing photos or using the many Android 4.3 apps.
Super-Long 21x Zoom Lens with Pinch Zoom
The GALAXY Camera 2 features a 21x zoom lens along with an intuitive Pinch Zoom function, which allows you to zoom in and out by pinching two fingers on the screen. You can get as close as possible to your subject while maintaining the image sharpness you experience with subjects nearer to the camera.
Wi-Fi Connectivity for Easy Sharing
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi capability, the GALAXY Camera 2 makes it easy to post pictures and videos--along with comments--to Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and other sites. You can also email files to friends and family members or use the Group Share function, which allows you to send images to up to four people simultaneously. The camera also comes with 2 GB of free Dropbox online storage or 50 GB if you also own a GALAXY smartphone.
Smart Mode for Special Effects
Tap the smart mode button to take advantage of numerous special shoot modes. Action Freeze mode lets you capture a high-speed scene at a sporting event, while Drama Shot enables you to merge continuous shots of moving objects into a single compressed image. Use Light Trace mode to capture trails of light at night.
Photo Beam to Share Photos with One Touch
Like other Samsung devices, the GALAXY Camera 2 features Photo Beam technology, which makes it a snap to share photos. Simply tap the camera on any NFC-compatible smartphone to automatically share whichever image you're currently viewing.
Save Photos in Real Time with AutoShare
With Samsung's AutoShare feature, you can send photos instantly to an NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet--just as you're shooting them--over a Wi-Fi connection. This makes it easy to back up photos and share them wherever you are.
Remote ViewFinder to Control Camera at a Distance
When you connect the camera to select smartphones, you can use the Remote ViewFinder app to turn your phone into a viewfinder. You can control your camera from up to 30 feet away and preview images, adjust camera settings, frame the scene, and tag the shot location--all from your phone. When you need to take a group shot with yourself in it, Remote ViewFinder makes it easy.
Send Files Using Mobile Link, Even Without Wi-Fi
Based on NFC technology, Samsung's Mobile Link app lets you select and send photos or albums to a designated smartphone or tablet, even when you're away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, and without having to send the photos as a text message or an email. The app also lets you manage photos on your smartphone and save the changes automatically to the camera.
Transfer Files with PC Auto Backup
Saving photos, video clips, and more to your computer is easy with the GALAXY Camera 2. Just select the PC Auto Backup function, and the camera will wirelessly transfer all of the files on the camera to your PC or Mac.
Samsung Link to Connect with Other Devices
Thanks to Samsung Link, you can connect this camera wirelessly with other nearby Samsung Link-enabled devices and share photos and videos or upload them to your web storage service.
Selfie Alarm to Take Profile Pictures
With the GALAXY Camera 2, taking Facebook profile pictures of yourself is a piece of cake. Simply hold up the camera facing you, and the Selfie Alarm function automatically shoots five images in a row for you to choose from.
Story Album to Create Your Own Photo Albums
Using the GALAXY Camera 2 Story Album application, you can create, display, and print photo albums. Story Album organizes photos into timelines and reframes and resizes them, so you can view them on your camera's screen or send to others to enjoy on their own devices.
The Samsung GALAXY Camera 2 measures 2.8 by 5.22 by .76 inches (H x W x D) and weighs .62 pounds .
What's in the Box
Samsung GALAXY Camera 2, lithium-ion EA-BP2000 battery, USB cable, power adapter, wrist strap, and quick start guide.
GALAXY Camera 2
At a Glance:
- Android 4.3, Jelly Bean OS for apps and more
- Vibrant 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display
- 21x zoom lens along with Pinch Zoom function
- Wi-Fi capability to post to Facebook and other online networks
- Comes with 2 GB of free Dropbox online storage
Capture brilliant images with the 21x super long optical zoom. View larger.
Intuitive Pinch Zoom function allows you to zoom in and out by pinching two fingers on the screen. (Shown in white) View larger.
Use Remote Viewfinder to frame a group photo or zoom in and out using your smartphone. (Shown in white) View larger.
Legal DisclaimerNot responsible for items damaged or lost in mail. Please notify within reasonable time of any issues.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love the 21X zoom! It is incredibly sharp and accurate and It focuses prety nicely.
HOWEVER... The major problem I have been having with this camera is that as long as you are shooting photos outdoors in the daytime, your photos come out beautifully. But when it comes to shooting indoors or in low light, the camera falls flat! It cannot focus and most pictures come out completely blurry! thats regardless if you are using flash or not. Same goes for the video recording (which by the way has no flash!) It keeps going in and out of focus and you end up taking 20 photos and all are blurry and your mood is ruined!
Also, in the 16:9 mode the edges of the photos are exteremely streched out of proportion so you can only use the center portion of the picture.
I am returning this camera in the next few days. I will most likely have to spend around $1k to get a Nikon 5300 DSLR since I want a great picture qaulity with built-in wi-fi.
One of the best parts about having an Android camera is that I can easily post my photos online, without uploading them to the computer. The only trouble with the WiFi is that the internal antenna is right in the place where my hand holds the camera; if I need any kind of good connection, I have to move my hand to a really awkward position so that it doesn't cover the antenna.
The camera has an HDMI port, so it can be connected to a monitor; a headphone jack, for headphones; and a MicroUSB port for charging and connecting to the computer. It does not come with an HDMI cable (or headphones), but it does come with a USB -> MicroUSB cable and a wall adapter.
I really like the camera side of things. It has a backside-illuminated 16.3MP CMOS sensor, which is nice because CMOS is capable of really high-framerate video (60fps at 720p), and really slow-motion video (1/8 speed, 15fps, 768x512). And because it's backside-illuminated, it's more sensitive than a normal CMOS sensor, so you don't have as much noise.
The focusing is pretty cool in some ways. In the center of the screen, there's a little focusing-box which shows what the camera is focusing on. You just have to point the camera so that the box is on top of whatever needs to be in focus. If you want the camera to focus on something which isn't in the center, you can move the focusing box to a different part of the screen. Basically, the camera focuses on whatever is inside the box.
Now the big problem with the camera is that it doesn't always focus on the right thing, even when the box is on top of it. When I tried to take a close-up photo of a hummingbird, I pointed the camera so the little focusing box was on the hummingbird. The problem is that hummingbirds are small, so a corner of the box wasn't on the hummingbird. When I tried to focus, it focused on the stuff in the corner of the box, not the hummingbird in the center. I ended up with a photo of a blurry hummingbird in front of a perfectly focused tree.
And it can barely focus at all in dim lighting, even with the AF lamp. You might think that there would be a manual focus option, for those times when auto just can't do it. Nope.
Other than the occasional focusing problem, the camera works great. I love the Android, the different features, the cool camera settings, the slow motion. It would work great for just about any amateur who likes to take pictures. If you don't mind a lack of manual settings, and slight auto-focus issues, then this is the camera for you; I would recommend it.
Full-blown Android with GPS, BluTooth, WiFi, tilt sensor
Easy to use
8GB internal memory
Can take up to 64GB Micro SD memory card
16.3MP BSI CMOS sensor
USB can be used for both charging and connecting to computer
Has HDMI-out and a headphone jack
Charges relatively quickly (between 2 and 3 hours)
Has trouble focusing
Not very manual
Internal WiFi antenna is positioned behind the hand
We are thrilled! Over the past years, We have used these cameras weekly, as our 'go-to' cameras. We keep the cameras charged and take them with us everywhere (you never know when something beautiful is about to happen, and owning this camera does open your eyes to the wonders and beauty that surrounds us!).
Some top features we love....
- The cameras have great batteries and will hold an exceptional charge throughout each day. (I was recording videos and taking non-stop pictures of my niece's wedding, and the battery lasted well over 4 hours of intensive use.) I do recommend anyone carry a battery backup to ensure you always have power for ALL your tech devices while on the go! The camera battery will last all day during periodic photo taking sessions.
- Each Camera has a full Android based Operating System (4.2 or above), WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC for connectivity. There are numerous methods to share locally or socially, send your pictures, or edit and upload to social media. You can use the Samsung Camera app or install any Google Play Store Camera app (I love Open Source Camera), or chose from many of your favorite HDR or other camera capturing and editing apps.
- The camera includes a large, HD, beautiful screen for ease of Android use, plus you can view and edit your photos on the fly, right from your camera!
- I love the capability to download and use so many Android apps, it is as I take my picture and the apps are right on my device, plus, I love having near 'real-time' photo capturing, photo editing, photo saving, and photo sharing capabilities.
- You can set up your Samsung Camera 2 to backup all your photos, on the fly or only on WiFi, and choose when and where to backup photos (or posting on Social Media). I save every photo to Google Drive and share specific folders with different people (Friends, Family, Music Group, workgroup). FYI, when you share Google Pic folders with one or more people, they can opt-in to receive 'new pictures have been added', notifications. (Great for the picture updates you want to see now... i.g. I want to see the pictures of my nephew, Ben & his wife, Danni's newborn baby)! Advanced users can set up IFTTT (If This Then That) rules allowing photos/videos, meeting certain criteria, to be directed or redirected according to location, photo tag, selection, and more. IFTTT is a fast method to send, copy, save, photos and allows anyone to stay on top of life or operate a business quickly (Great for insurance adjusters, patrol, realtor, architects or other business needing scans, photos or videos, fast!).
- The camera's each have a wide variety of photo, video, scanning settings. For many of us, setting the device to Auto, auto adjust, is perfect, but there will be times you will want to use the advanced settings. For an entry level, simple to use camera, this Samsung Camera 2 features many device, photo options. (I love setting the picture countdown for 2 seconds, this allows me time to steady my hand and prepare. There are many pre-post pictures options, device settings, and of course many photo settings such as +/- exposure, panoramic view, distance based, profile pictures, day versus night, picture/video ratio and size, flash auto/on/off. I also love the cameras' fast zoom feature, with just a push or pull of the lever you can zoom out, or move in close (VERY CLOSE) to your subject.
- The camera is well constructed, solid, (not cheap), many parts are metal, and the weight is perfect to handle. You will love the endless features, all included in your digital photo, video, scanner camera!
Yes, it's 2018, and I am writing this review AFTER THIS CAMERA HAS BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR MANY YEARS! Why? Frankly, even with our fast-changing, tech market, over the past 4-5 years of new technology, I've yet to find a better device that has all the features of the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2!
You can by a Go-Pro or other HD action cam, but this well-made smaller sized camera can be used for many action situations, too. I also own several high-end, digital cameras... NIKON, NOKIA, and yes for certain photography situations, I will choose my 'high priced' digital devices, BUT, none of my high-end cameras have ALL the combined features of my Samsung Galaxy Camera 2's!
PLEASE, buy a protective, silicone Camera case (glove) and help protect it from accidental drops (under $20 on Amazon). Then purchase the tan, leather, Samsung Camera 2 drop-in camera case with the long strap. When I leave home, I quickly unplug my camera, slide it into my strapped leather bag, throw it over my shoulder and go. (I carry a second man-bag, with my wallet, gadgets, phone, cords, AND My Fully Charged BATTERY BACKUP). My days become adventures as I look for the beauty God has placed all around us. Throughout your day, use your Samsung Galaxy 2 Camera, take a photo/video (or scan a receipt, to upload to Evernote, Neat), crop, edit, add text, then save your media to your cloud. Post your adventures to Instagram, upload videos to your blog, or upload your media to any other Social Media source.
Get this camera and learn to use it, it's easy! Streamline you receipts, capture beautiful images, and video the world as it happens around you... this camera will make your life so exciting!
Finally, yes you can just use your Samsung Galaxy S8Plus to do all the above, but for me, there is a BIG difference. I like using a camera to take pictures. Phones were made primarily to talk and text, and by design, a camera is designed to fit perfectly in your hand, so you have the best control when capturing your 'subject'. You need to use the correct tool for best results, and I do suggest everyone use a seperate camera for photography. That is what CAMERAS were designed and built to do best, take pictures, photos, videos, scans and help us record the beauty in our lives!
Blessings to you.