- Size (LWH): 5.1 inches, 2.7 inches, 0.38 inches
- Weight: 4.48 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 522 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 252 hours
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A premium Android-powered smartphone, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint has been designed to deliver the best multilayered entertainment experience thanks to its superior speed and display innovation. Powered by one of the fastest processors on the market--the new 1.2 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos, the Epic 4G Touch runs on Sprint's ultra-fast 4G network (as well as 3G networks where 4G isn't available yet) for lighting quick access to movie downloads, games, and thousands of applications--all without buffering or lag time.
The Samsung Epic 4G Touch with brilliant 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (see larger image).
8-megapixel camera on the back with
Full HD 1080p video capture.
Enjoy on-the-go entertainment with the large 4.52-inch touchscreen and unrivaled Super AMOLED Plus technology offering deeper, richer color for a bright and vivid display. The Epic 4G Touch also includes an 8-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots video with incredible detail in full HD 1080p resolution, plus a 2-megapixel front-facing camera that's perfect for self-portraits or video chat.
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below). The phone also includes Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking plus Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your 3G/4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.
Other features include a 16 GB internal memory (with expansion up to 32 GB via optional microSD cards), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation via built-in Google Maps and location-based services (plus access to the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn service), personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
Despite being one of the thinnest smartphones on the market--measuring just 0.38 inches thin-- the Epic 4G Touch is packed with a bevy of Samsung technological innovations and exclusive features.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Infuse 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account.
Ultra-fast 1.2 GHz dual-core processor perfect for gaming and viewing HD videos.
Super svelte at just 0.38 inches thin.
Down to Business
While the Epic 4G Touch is ideal for mobile multimedia, it's also packed full of top-of-the-line enterprise functionality as well as access to corporate e-mail (with full support of Exchange ActiveSync). The on-device encryption function offers a hardware-accelerated algorithm for superior performance. Other enterprise features include:
The Samsung Epic 4G Touch weighs 4.55 ounces and measures 5.1 x 2.7 x 0.38 inches. Its 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.7 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Epic 4G Touch handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Epic 4G Touch runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Epic 4G Touch also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. As of August 2011, Sprint offers 4G service in 71 markets in 28 states.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.
Top Customer Reviews
This is by far the best phone I have ever used. My previous phone is a EVO 4g so luckily i got renewed after a year.
This is my own personal review based on experiences with my EVO 4g, my friends's ip4 and this Epic 4g touch.
By far, Epic 4g touch wins by a mile.
1. Its light as hell!!!!! it feels like you're holding a toy or a dummy phone (this may be good or bad depending on the user, it's really good for me)
2. The size is good enough for me but then again it depends on how big your hands are.
3. The colors are very very VERY vibrant, it really stands out from all angles.
4. It is silky smooth, SILKY SMOOTH. the OS has no lag at all, i tried a pinch to zoom test for the ip4 and epic 4g touch and surprisingly, the epic 4g is so much better.
5. Video camera is on par if not better with Ip4.
6. Touchwiz has a lot of nice functions and the widgets are very nice.
7. Battery life is not too bad, i can go a day without having to recharge.
8. Probably one of my top compliments of the phone, the kies air app is well thought out and wonderfully done. It helps a lot with deleting and transferring stuff to your phone.
9. The screen is not a fingerprint magnet.
10. It is so thin, i'm afraid to hold it in my hand cause it feels like i'm going to drop it (also due to its lightweight)
11. No need to really do any customization cause the widgets work well and they look very nice.
12. Touchwiz provides a power widget which is very useful: It goes according to this: wifi- bluetooth-gps-brightness-settings-sync-screentime out-tips (toggle off and on)
13. They have a widget for "active applications", this is like a task killer app that you would find in the market.Read more ›
3. build (feels like a toy? are you kidding me?) this phone is so light in weight but don't confuse that as a poor build quality. If you want a phone built like a tank and weighs like one by all means choose a different phone. finish and fit are beautifully done!
4. camera (8m + LED flash). The pictures are sharp and focused. I like using retro camera and little photo. Even the front camera is awesome.
5. Gingerbread is cool and stable (no force close so far)
6. Google integration. Flawless
7. GOOD and corporate email integration. Flawless
8. GPS and Google Map. works perfectly.
9. audio (had to adjust the EQ to make it right)I'm rockin'
10. wifi (works great)
11. print Screen!!!! yes!! (home+power) finally!
12. cold boot time... fast (this is handy when you change out the battery and power back up fast)
13. SD card expansion up to 16G (I have 8Gb in mine.. no delays)
14. changeable battery.. awesome.
1. slippery surface (I need to get a case so that I can grip this thing without slipping out of my hand)
2. size (I have a pretty big hands (6' tall) but I sometimes need to use both hands.. perhaps due to the slipperiness of the phone) but my wife has small hands but she is not complaining... so try it out. The benefit of the size is the screen but... I'd rather have a little smaller phone than a little bigger screen. (but that's me)
3. power button on the size opposite of the volume rocker is annoying if you are trying to power on with your left hand. try it out.
4. a little delay in "wake up time"... once again... a little annoying.
5.Read more ›
-The Super AMOLED (Active matrix organic light emitting diode), which is the newest kind of display technology, absolutely blows any other display away in terms of contrast and color saturation. The 4.5'' diagonal screen on this beast is an absolute pleasure to look at, and it's more efficient than an LCD to boot! I've read a lot of reviews whining about the marginally lower resolution on this screen compared to qHD screens; what a joke, this screen makes every other device around it look washed out and dated... dead serious- you'll completely forget about resolution the moment you power it up- and it has far superior response times!
-Processor- underneath the gorgeous screen lies a beast of a processor, a dual core 1.2ghz Samsung Exynos CPU that really packs a punch. As everyone has said, it seems that nothing currently available can slow this thing down. Coupled with the CPU is a discrete Mali 400 GPU (video card for you non-geeks), which affords this phone the ability to have the smoothest, most buttery user-interface experience I've seen on any phone to date. You'll be extremely pleased how effortlessly the phone shifts between any task you're doing to the next one, without any hiccups.... the phone has literally not stuttered once for me in the almost entire week I've been using it. Widgets also run great and contrary to what some users have said, I've not had one crash yet and the phone executes them with ease.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It only worked for a week. So now I have a paperweight instead of a phone.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Will not hold a charge and keeps shutting off without warningPublished 3 months ago by Tina Thompson
Decent phone for the price
Power button stopped working for a day or so but then worked fine after that
overall happy other than battery life
With the updates it works just as great as the Samsung S3!Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer