Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,074 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,196 reviews
on January 30, 2016
I just recently bought this Samsung tablet and I love it! Its the perfect size and has the Google play store with a large variety of games! I can do everything on this tablet that I can do on a computer. I would recommend this tablet to everyone!
review image review image
on April 12, 2015
Let me start this out by saying I never thought I would own an Android tablet. Ever. I have been an Apple fan since 2005. Since then I have owned 2 iPods, 3 iPhones, 2 Macbook Pros, and 1 iPad. I'm extremely clumsy and constantly drop things. I accidentally dropped my first iPod down a flight of stairs and it still worked. I found Apple to be sturdy and reliable in their products... until now.

My iPad, or as I like to call it "Sir Crash-a-lot," has been the tablet from hell. It worked great for a year but then it started dying. I've owned Sir Crash-a-lot for three years now. I have spent three years trying to save up for a newer iPad. But after saving for three years to replace Sir Crash-a-lot, I vowed to never buy an iPad again. Instead I went out and did something no Apple fanboy has ever done: I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

What drove me to buy this tablet? Apple's unreliability. Sure, my iPad's apps ran slowly. Sure, the apps crashed a lot. But the final straw came when iTunes decided my Apple account should no longer be associated with my library, should be split into two parts (old email address & new email address), and should not be linked to my iPad. Oh, I should also mention iTunes deleted a ton of music I bought from my tablet because "You do not have permission to access the following file(s)."

After almost 10 years of being an Apple fanboy, I went online and searched for Android tablets. Since I knew several people who loved their Samsung Galaxy phones, I went with the only tablet I could afford: a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. Shortly after taking it out of the box, I realized how great this tablet is. Even though the size was quiet a downgrade (I'm near-sighted and like to use my tablet without my reading glasses) I have had no problems reading text on it. The screen has better color than my iPad or my husband's iPad Mini. The screen switches quicker and loads faster than any iOS device I've ever seen. I love all of the customization that comes standard on Android. Even with all of its great features that I have grown to love, this tablet isn't without its problems. Most of the problems that come with it that people talk about is either the slow processor or the speaker being on the back. Neither of those are a huge problem for me. My biggest problem is the standard memory. Out of the 8gb, over 2gb are taken up by the operating system and the bloatware apps that I'll never use (and can't remove). After installing all of the apps I use regularly, I only have 2gb of space left. That's not much space. Thankfully, it has expandable memory. After I get a good 64gb micro SD card (my old one was corrupted), I plan on moving some of the big apps onto the card and putting my music library on it. The longer I have this tablet, the more I wish I bought it instead of an iPad for my first tablet.

For anyone who's looking at getting this tablet, you will need the following:
1. An impact-resistant silicone case to absorb the shock of any falls the tablet will experience.
2. A tempered glass screen protector to prevent the screen from breaking.
3. A 64gb micro SD card to store most of your music, photos, and apps.
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
Bought this for my 5 yr old grand-daughter, make sure you get a silicone case for it.in case it drops..The day she dropped it
and busted the glass was the same day the case got delivered..she broke it in the morning case came in the afternoon. Luckily I had bought the insurance plan for it..and it was replaced with no problem, very easy to use.. Even my grandson who is 2 uses it with no problems at all..The battery lasts a decent amount of time..It even takes good pictures..I just wish it had a dual camera...Besides that It was a great buy for this family
on July 28, 2017
SLOW, SLOW, SLOW! Performance is terrible if you use more than one open app at a time. Don't waste your money on this, spend a bit more for a better tablet. This also lacks features like USB or a front facing camera, which don't bother me, but some people care about. I mostly use it to play music on around the house, which it does okay at (but not great), but if you want to actually "use" your tablet you'll need something better. It might be good for a 6 year old or something but beyond that you just need more.
on August 28, 2014
Tablet overall works well. When I first got it I plugged it in, turned it on, and when it kept updating. Like probably four times before I was like, "okay something is wrong." I googled it real quick and it was because for some reason it can't update (at least the inital update) while plugged in. Also, I have a galaxy phone too so I was using that charger for the tablet and the tablet kept dying really fast without even being used so I googled that too, and sure enough it was because I wasn't using the charger it came with even though they were the same.
Long story short, I love it. Buy a good case. I'm not sure what's so "lite" about it, this is my first tablet and I can't think if anything that it's missing, besides a front facing camera, so no snapchat.
on September 29, 2015
I ordered this refurbished from the seller Ocean Reef Electronics and I'm pretty happy with it overall. The tablet arrived a lot earlier than the shipping estimate, looks brand new, and works great. I will say if your looking for a high end tablet, this device isn't for you... There is a bit of lag here and there, especially if you have more than 2-3 apps running at once. The lag is improved upon after some software updates from Samsung, but it definitely won't blow you away preformance-wise. However, if you're like me just need something affordable to read ebooks, browse the web, watch Netflix/YouTube, play some casual games on, etc., look no further.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 28, 2017
3-year old tech. Today, it is excellent budget tablet for younger children. Not advanced enough for todays free Android games, except for games for under 12 year olds. My 10 year old grandson is beyond it now. Just gave him a refurbished Galaxy Tab A 7", which he loves.
on August 23, 2016
The Samsung beats apple hands down..where the older apple have limits to what can can be downloaded (3.0 or 5.0)Samsung does not. Older apple can not download apps 4.0 or higher and there is no option to upgrade older version of apple to be able to download apps 4.0 and higher. The only option is buying a newer apple product. The really get u there... The samsung product is lite....but does it all it seems....it does not have such issues as apple...I am pleased.. was not looking for much...no trouble with connecting with wifi internet...it was a breeze...downloading apps was a citch...it well worth the price spent for product...for adult as well as children....I love Samsung....would give a 6 star if we're an option
on March 10, 2015
Great. Love it. It's my kitchen buddy. Runs my sonos speakers, displays my recipes, and hangs out with me while I am cooking. Everyone needs an extra tablet just for the little things.
on March 29, 2017
Slow browsing, screen looks wicked funny at an angle. Too slow to play games. If you just need something to listen to music, watch vids, do email, it's not bad. Not necessarily inexpensive enough for the low performance.