Samsung Galaxy Mega, Black 16GB (AT&T) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Display: 6.3-inches
- Camera: 8-MP
- Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega is a super-sized phone. This GSM Android phone features a 6.3-inch display and has many of the same features as the Galaxy Note. This device comes equipped with an 8 megapixel rear camera, a 2 megapixel front camera, 4G LTE, 1.7GHz dual-core processor, WiFi, and a removable long lasting battery. The Galaxy Mega also features GPS, NFC, Bluetooth compatibility, Mobile Hotspot, and quadband GSM along with WCDMA modes for international use. This version comes equipped with 16GB of mamory and also features a microSD slot for additional storage.
Combining the functionality of a smartphone with the viewing ease of a tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Mega for AT&T features the largest screen on any smartphone at 6.3 inches -- making it a breeze to share photos, videos, and games. Experience a smartphone that sits comfortably in your hand or your pocket, yet looks and behaves like a tablet with its wide screen. And with access to 4G LTE speeds plus an easy-to-carry design, the Samsung Galaxy Mega is the perfect partner for your busy life.
Running the Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system, the Galaxy Mega is powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor. It features 16 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded using optional microSD memory cards up to 64 GB. Its 3200 mAh battery provides up to 18 hours of talk time and 19 days (456 hours) of standby time.
Everything You Love, All On a Bigger Screen
The Galaxy Mega combines the best of everything. Now you can get the mobility of your smartphone while still getting the immersive experience you've come to love from your tablet. The hybrid design lets you go from a conference call with a client to a video call with your family -- all while using the same device. Pair that with the Multi Window capability, and you have all your mobile needs together in one.
Capture All the Action
With the Samsung Galaxy Mega, you don't have to be a professional photographer to take pictures like one. It's equipped with an enhanced 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera. And it features a variety of camera modes, including Sound & Shot (captures 9 seconds of sound and voice together as the picture is taken to capture moments), Sports, and more. Whether you're using Continuous Shot to capture your child's winning basket or panorama to get an entire landscape -- this camera will make sure you don't miss any action.
Bring People Together
More than just a personal device, the Galaxy Mega makes the most of your relationships and enables you to easily share and experience many of life's pleasures together with family and friends, wherever you are. With the Group Play function, you can enjoy music, photos, documents, and games with those around you without even requiring a Wi-Fi or cellular signal. You'll be able to connect directly to other Galaxy users instantly. For example, the Share Music option enables you to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere.
Samsung Galaxy Mega
- 3G/4G LTE connectivity
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- 6.3-inch Super Clear LCD touchscreen (HD 720p)
- 8-MP rear camera (with Full HD 1080p video)
- Front 1.9-MP camera
- 16 GB storage + 1.5 GB of RAM
- MicroSD expansion up to 64 GB (optional cards)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 + NFC
- Up to 18 hours of usage time
Smart Samsung Galaxy Features
The Galaxy Mega includes many of the popular features found on other Galaxy smartphones, including:
WatchON -- A service that simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchON and the built-in IR blaster, the Galaxy Mega functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
Air View -- Allows you to hover your finger over a calendar item or email to display a preview of what's inside without opening it.
Multi Window Display -- offers split screen viewing and lets you view content in two windows at once, making it easy to multi-task. For instance, you can take notes while watching a video or search the web while responding to a text message or email.
Easy Mode Settings -- Simplifies the home screen layout, camera, calendar, messaging and the internet browser to make the settings menu easy to navigate. Once you're more comfortable with the Galaxy Mega, you can switch back to the standard home screen interface.
Story Album -- Transforms photos you take with the Mega's 8-megapixel camera into multi-media albums with music, videos and notes.
S Translator -- Helps you get your point across in a variety of languages.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Mega handset; battery; wall charger; USB cable; getting started guide
AT&T's 4G Network
AT&T boasts the largest 4G mobile broadband network in the United States, covering more than 292 million people with a combination of two layers of 4G technology: the 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) network and an older technology called HSPA+ that delivers near-4G speeds. AT&T's 4G LTE network is currently live in 261 markets across the U.S. (as of May, 2013) with more markets continually being added. AT&T expects to cover 300 million people with its 4G LTE network by the end of 2014.
With 4G LTE technology, you'll get mobile Internet speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, enabling you to upload a photo in 6 seconds, download a song in 4 seconds, and download HD movies in minutes and apps almost instantly. You can expect average download data rates of 13 megabits per second (Mbps) and 6 Mbps for uploads in real-world, loaded network environments.
If you are not in an area served by 4G LTE, you'll be able to connect to AT&T's HSPA+ enhanced backhaul network, which delivers speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's HSPA 3G network. With the combination of 4G LTE and HSPA+, you'll enjoy higher data speed averages than other networks.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
Fast, fluid, and smooth, the Android 4.2 operating system (nicknamed Jelly Bean) offers effortless movement between home screens -- like turning the pages of a book. And it includes faster orientation changes, quicker switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering throughout your mobile device. And widgets work like magic. As you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room. When they're too big, widgets resize on their own.
Browse and download thousands of free and paid apps from around the world via Google Play or the Amazon Appstore for Android.
Smooth Operator. More reactive and uniform touch responses mean you can almost feel the pixels beneath as your finger moves across the screen. .
Live in the Now. With Google Now, you get the right information at just the right time -- before you even ask. It can tell you today's weather before you start your day, or when the next train will arrive as you're standing on the platform. .
Photo Sphere Camera. Snap pictures in every direction -- up, down, and all around you -- and have them come together into incredible, immersive photo spheres that put you right inside the scene.
Smarter Keyboard with Gesture Typing. Just glide your finger over the letters you want to type, and lift after each word. You don't have to worry about spaces because they're added automatically for you.
Beam Photos and Videos. With Android Beam, you can easily share your photos and videos.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really looked at the Note 3 and considered returning this phone
but I couldnt justfy the money needed to get the Note 3
This phone is the bomb......everything is much better with a larger screen
Battery lasts all day with surfing and you tube....notifications are great....
and the best is customizing like an Iphone cant.....dont get me wrong I loved my iphone
But it just would not grow up fast enough for me and my getting older and getting weaker eyes and the need for a larger screen
I got a case from Amazon for 5 bucks that works great and use the cd mount by Mountek to display in my car....
it used the new magnet mount and people go nuts when they see it in my car....the large screen means you dont need nav in a car.....just use this....
need a car adpater...5.00 bucks here at Amazon as well
too many options versus Iphone..
I dropped the phone from the pocket with the new 5 dollar case on the road....no problem...no ding nothing...build quality is great
would I buy again yes.....
conversation piece...and when they see pictures and video...its all over....
if you need to see things on a bigger scale....this phone will do it....
Note......to get better picture quality.....change the phones base setting to a higher resolution....
1. Micro SD card slot can handle up to a 64GB card!
2. The back shell is removable - that's where the battery, SIM and MicroSD live. Allows for very sleek body styling.
3. Large, user replaceable battery. I'm old fashioned. I like a battery that I can replace if it gets where it no longer keeps a charge all day.
4. Humongous 6.3 inch gorgeous screen. Is it a tablet that makes phone calls ? Is it a phone that is also a wifi tablet ? Who cares ? It suits my needs and my wifes needs.
5. Price from Amazon locked on ATT carrier - I have been eyeballing this phone and a few others for a while. Was just given a new work phone, HTC One M7, it's pretty darned awesome, was considering that one also for our personal phones. ATT website had refurbed Mega 6.3's for Zero bucks, but they went out of stock befor emy payday. Started poking around the internet and found Amazon offering NEW 6.3's for a freaking penny! I'm not leaving ATT, and our 2 year contracts had expired, so Hello New Phones !!!
6. Amazon's freaking 2 day shipping was included in the already sweet deal for FREE! My wife and I are impatient. Two days is Amazawesome!!!
7. It's SO SHINY!!!!!!! Mmmm...Black and Chrome - reminds me of our black 2004 Mercury Marauder that we loved.
8. My wife LOVES her Mega 6.3. This is a woman that already owns a desktop pc, a netbook, a 17 inch laptop (for Sims 3, of course), Nintendo DS, two Xbox360s, and a Galaxy Note 3 8.0 inch tablet. She is NOT easily impressed. Oh yeah, she still has her two year old Acer 7 inch tablet, too. LOL
1. It's a bit slippery, make sure to order some kind of case at the same time is you can, even if it's just a cheap rubbery one to get you by while you decide on what type you will user permanently. I dropped the wife's Mega on the floor already (don't tell!). It didn't scratch or damage any part. This was a slide off some papers on the desk onto the hard faux wood composite floor.
2. I have to wait for this weekend to finish setting up and configuring our phones. :( But I got the numbers switched over to the Megas easily on the ATT web site.
3. It does not have Android KitKat yet, but is slated to later this year.
4. It took me a while to find and peel off all of the protective plastic on the shiny chrome metallic looking edges.
5. Took two whole days for the new phones to get to my house. STOP SLACKING, AMAZON !!! When I spend TWO WHOLE CENTS on my debit card, I WANT IT NOW!!! ( I do predict that Amazon will be the first corporate entity to perfect everyday use of teleportation. After that comes mind-reading...Amazon will know what I want before I want it due to predictive algorithms and will have it standing on the transporter platform waiting for me to authorize the purchase with my card. Really, Amazon, there is a mountain money to be made here.)
6. Seriously, I am having trouble finding serious cons here. The above cons are intended for your amusement only.
I know these are heavily discounted due to a newer model on the horizon, but that's what I do. I generally buy a little behind the bleeding edge and save huge bucks while owning cool stuff. I've got a feeling that I am going to have to up our data plan some more. :-)
After about 10 days or so it started really acting up. Would change screens without touching it. Talking on the phone would cause it to act like I was punching the screen with my ear. After talking for a few minutes setting were all over the place. (i.e sound was off, bluetooth was on, net was on, etc..) Started to get really warm around the ear mic when talking for more than a few minutes.
Decide to return before worse happened.