Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 23, 2012
1. Don't be like me. You should read the description and realize that this case also comes with a screen protector. Me, who didn't fully read the description, ordered a screen protector separately and now I have two... The screen protector, by the way, is high quality, sturdy and went on pretty painlessly in about 10 seconds. I have a piece of lint under there that's going to eventually drive me nuts, but I don't dare lift the screen protector to dig it out because that usually just makes things worse.

2. Somebody said this case is overpriced for what you get. Considering my above statement that it comes with a screen protector, which sells separately for $11, you're basically getting this case for $15 (once you add on S/H). I think it's worth closer to 10, but I'm a cheapskate. You decide.

3. This shouldn't be called a case. It's a protective cover for the back of your Galaxy. "Case" implies that it covers the entire thing. I knew it wouldn't because the pictures make that clear. That's just me being picky about semantics, but still. From reading reviews, apparently the name confused some people.

4. I feel better with this thing on my new Galaxy than if it didn't have it. With the screen protector on the front and this case on the back, I can throw my Galaxy in my purse and not worry about any harm coming to my shiny new toy. That's the case's job and it does it. Snaps on and off easily, no struggling or cursing. The slight rubbery feel of it is pleasant. Overall, this case seems high quality. It integrates smoothly with the Galaxy's shape and is almost completely unnoticeable once on.

PS: I love my new Galaxy Player 4.2!!!1!
on August 16, 2012
This case does of nice job of protecting my Galaxy Player 4.2. It has a more rubbery texture then the device, which makes it grip in my hand better as well as stand up better when tilted on a table for viewing. The case surrounds all sides of the power and volume controls with a slight bevel. This helps keep the buttons from being pressed accidentally, a welcome improvement. There are also holes for the camera and what I believe is a reset hole or perhaps the mic hole, all the bases are covered here. The narrow/bottom end of the device is open in the middle for access to the headphone jack and micro-usb jack. The top is open similarly. I suppose these could be vulnerable locations, but the more important corners are all protected. The case stands proud of the device glass on the front, protecting the device if you happen to place it face down. Still you'll want to use a screen protector too, thankfully the package also includes one of those. A small cleaning cloth and squeegee card are also included.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 11, 2012
I looked in all the local stores, but could not find any options for this player. This case was just what I was looking for though!

The plastic of the case seems very tough, but doesn't add too much thickness or weight, and it fits the player very tightly. Be sure to insert the side of the player with the buttons first, or you may damage the buttons trying to force the case on over them.

Once inside the case, the result is very attractive and sturdy feeling, and I found it to be much easier to grip in my hand than the player alone. That makes me feel much safer about handling it in my clumsy fingers! The volume buttons are slightly harder to press because they don't protrude much, but it hasn't been a problem. The USB and headphone ports, cameras, and microphone all seem to be unobstructed as you'd expect. This case is definitely a custom fit to this player, so be sure you get the right one for precisely the model you have.

The screen protector sheet that comes with the case doesn't dim the brightness or contrast of the screen that I can tell. The instructions with it were pretty clear also. I noticed that the manufacturer has video instructions available on their web site if you need them - a nice touch. It was not difficult to apply, and there didn't seem to be any issues with bubbles. It comes with a small cleaning cloth to clean the screen, and a plastic card to smooth out bubbles if you encounter any. My only complaint with the screen protector is that it seems to show fingerprints a lot more than the glass of the screen did, and they don't seem to wipe off completely with a cloth.

All in all, I really like this case though, and would buy it again!
on February 11, 2013
As others have stated, there are not a lot of cases for this player. Well, make that any player/phone that doesn't have "i" in the name.
The case is as described. A plastic cover that is very slim around the player. Raised corners, and slightly raised sides in case it's placed face down. The back has the grippy rubber coating that isn't rubber. They did a good job on beveling the cut outs around the volume and power buttons. My fingers can easily access and press the buttons.
The screen protector is also very good. It doesn't quite extend to the edges, so you have to really watch what you are doing when applying. I didn't notice any screen degradation with it on. Swiping/scrolling doesn't feel as smooth to the touch as without, but it's no big deal.
If you only got a case, it's too expensive, but you get a good quality screen protector and that helps make the price seem a little more reasonable.
Good product.
on July 28, 2012
We bought this case for our teen daughter's Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 in the Matte Black. A screen protector was included with our order. After ready many reviews I was thinking we might need to order a different brand screen protector but I no longer think that will be necessary. The reviews made me nervous about putting it on so I watched the online video a couple of times. That put my mind at ease so I took my time and the protector went on very easily. The screen protector is thicker than I expected it would be so am very impressed with that. We had minimal, tiny air bubbles (3) and were able to remove them without a problem. The screen is actually better looking (less noticeable) than the (not cheap) screen protector I have for my smart phone.

After getting the protector on we snapped on the cover/case and she was ready to go! She LOVED it and the simplicity of it!! The case did not add much bulk at all and my daughter says it actually helps with gripping the Player. There are not many options for cases for the Samsung Galaxy Players compared to their non-Android competition but the truth is, if you find a good one from the get-go you shouldn't have to continually replace your case. I think we have found such a case. Even her friends that have the competition's product are impressed with her Samsung Galaxy Player and the case. From now on, Rearth will be the first company we check out when needing cases for our electronic gadgets!
on July 21, 2012
This is the only hard case available for sale on Amazon that fits my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2. The hard case is great, fits perfectly and provides good protection. My Galaxy player snaps right into the hard case with no problems. The case is slim enough so that it doesn't add much thickness to the player. I am fully satisfied with the hard case. I give the hard case 5 stars.

Zero stars... that is what I give the screen protector that came in the same box. The clear screen protector film/plastic thingy is really terrible. I have to agree with one of the other reviewers regarding the screen protector. Let me repeat that the screen protector is really really terrible. Too thin. Too flimsy. The film comes with a hard plastic card for smoothing out air bubbles when applying the screen protector. The screen protector was so flimsy that the hard plastic card used for preventing the air bubbles actually caused the film to scratch up WHILE I was trying to apply the darn thing. Way too thin. Totally useless.
on January 12, 2013
The Samsung Galaxcy Player 4.2 Ringke Premium Slim Hard Case ( Wireliess Phone Accessory) Reath; fits like a glove! I found to be very easy to put it on my Galaxcy 4.2 Player & to take it off. This is by far the best prouct of it's kind. I like the color, the fit, how easy it was to install, (no software to full with, lol), the style, & the matt finish. Now with that said, the only thing I found I didn't like was the PRICE! I will continue to by thing from Amazon.com. That you, M. R. Bush
on January 24, 2013
I had already dropped my new player several times before getting this case, so it's been really useful. I like the fact it's so light and fits really well. The screen protector I'm not sure about--got a few bubbles putting it in--but it's probably better than having it scratched up in my purse.

Rearth had great service getting it to me, so I'm really happy!
on June 15, 2013
This case & screen protector combo saved my Galaxy Player after I forgot to zip up my jacket's pocket. While leaning through a curve on my motorcycle at 80mph, my music suddenly cut out and I looked in my review mirror just in time to see my Galaxy Player explode all over the roadway. Figuring it must be dead, I almost didn't go back to retrieve all of the pieces. Lucky for me I did.

The case performed flawlessly, absorbing the shock of the road's impact. The screen was scratched beyond belief as you might imagine as it slide across the asphalt. To my utter amazement, I peeled the screen protector off and there wasn't a single scratch on the actual screen of the player.

This combo absolutely saved me from shelling out another $200.00 for a new Galaxy. I immediately ordered another!
on April 10, 2016
Fit well and protected my device, functioned as expected.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question