Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Tab P2 7.0 Plus Desktop Dock
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

on May 30, 2012
I purchased this dock -hoping- that it would work with the Galaxy S2 7.0. Unfortunately, Samsung has placed 2 plastic spacers that prevent the Galaxy S2 7.0 from seating properly in the dock. Fortunately, those are easily removed with a pocket knife.

I like this dock a lot. It is compact, and there is a configuration item in settings that turns on the audio output on the back when the tablet is inserted properly. Also, it can be used in landscape or portrait mode.
review image
66 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
It's a nice dock if you just want to charge your tab 2 or listen to music, but it does not have an HDMI output to connect to the TV and that is the reason why I bought this dock as it states in the product description that you can connect it to a tv using an adapter cable, which I bought.
on February 18, 2013
I bought this looking for something that I could use to hook my tablet up to the TV or a monitor. This IS NOT it. Basically, it's a stand. It doesn't give you any additional functionality. I bought it for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet and had to follow another user's directions on how to "remove" the extra bits of plastic so the cradle would fit my tablet. Not complaining about that, I bought the item knowing I would need to do that.

The description is misleading. It DOES NOT have an HDMI pass through. And even If it did, I've found on other posts that my tablet is not capable of sending the signal to the TV anyway. Be careful what you're buying, it's not as described.
on April 11, 2012
I like the idea of a multimedia dock that allows me to dock my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus and use external speakers without having to use bluetooth or plug in the audio cord. I can just grab it and go. I only wish they would include a mounting bracket on the base to allow the same dock to attach to a car dock. I don't think the dedicated Samsung car dock has multimedia capabilities and I would prefer to have the auxiliary audio always plugged in. (My car does not support bluetooth audio). So, I may actually pick up an second one and modify a mount to accommodate the dock in the car as well. Good product.
on September 5, 2012
I've read some of the other reviews, and just want to point out that this works perfect with my "Plus", whether it's plugged into the wall adaptor, or a USB port on my computer. Regarding the USB port on your computer, it needs to provide at least 500mA of current (2000mA is better), some older machines have USB ports that don't provide that much. You can try to adjust the hardware settings in Windows or Linux, but some older machines simply won't do it.

I understand that it needs to be modified for the Tab 7 "2", but one of the other reviewers explained in detail how to do that, it looks simple. I also understand that it will not work at all with the original Tab 7 ... it has to be a "Plus" or a "2".

Works great with my "Plus", and I'm quite happy with it.

By the way, it's designed to hold the tablet in portrait mode, but you can also tip the whole affair over on it's side, and while the tablet is still plugged in to the normal location, it will hold it up on it's side, for landscape viewing ... not perfect, but it works.

Addendum: 6 months later, still working great, so since the price has dropped, I just got a second one for the office.
on December 27, 2012
Nicely weighted, you can stand your Tab upright or lay it on its side, this dock holds the Galaxy firmly. Mine is a Tab 2, you do need to chip away some small tabs inside the pocket to allow the Tab 2 to sit properly.
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2013
I've bought two of these now - one back when I first purchased my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and just recently a second one to keep on my desk at the office. I've used the first one on a daily basis since I bought it - it's how I charge my tablet at night at home.

This new dock I using for more than just charging - I keep my tablet ON, next to my computer and use it to check my email during the day (and to check to see what is currently on sale on the Gold Box Deal page). I thought the fixed angle was going to be a pain, but it actually seems to put the tablet at a adequate viewing angle. Not a bad piece of hardware if you need something like this.

I did have to buy one of these to go with the new dock, Samsung Travel Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable.

Samsung Galaxy Tab P2 7.0 Plus Desktop Dock
on February 17, 2013
Was made by Samsung for the P6200 Plus series 7.0 tablets. I whittled out two tab like plastic structures and now it fits my P3100 and P3113 fine. Love the TuneIn radio app but those guy made their app to auto launch when placed in this dock. I remedied by installing and giving the default operation to the Dock Clock app by Gadget Juice that competes with TuneIn for the auto launch when placed in dock. If I have to be having something auto launch when placed in the dock, I'd rather have it just be a little clock/weather display that moves around the screen than TuneIn.
on December 20, 2012
DOESN'T ALLOW TAB TO FIT ALL THE WAY TO ALLOW A GOOD CONTACT WITH PINS.
ALL IT DOES IS HOLD TABLETS.

If I return it and get another one the likelihood is that the new one will have the same problem. At approximately $12.00 all it is good for is as a stand for the Tab. Even then, it will not hold Tab in the horizontal position.
on October 5, 2013
I will reiterate the same thing that has been said by many before me.

First I have a Samsung Tab 2 7.0. This dock will work with this tablet but it must be modified. There are a couple of small plastic ribs on either side that must be removed. I did that and the dock works great. I snaps in firmly, sits solidly on the dock and makes a repeatable electrical connection.

Second, it does not have an HTMI output. It has the Samsung connector (same as on the tablet itself) and it has an audio out. That is all.

I did not reduce my rating because I knew these things when I purchased it because I read the reviews.

The dock is worth the money if you keep the above facts in mind.

See 1 answered question