Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 GSM Factory Unlocked Phone International Version Urban Grey
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This is a GSM phone and does NOT work with: Verizon, Sprint, or MetroPCS.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- This cell phone may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international version phones. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
To make the phone water tight, after the back is snapped into place on the phone, you have to press firmly right under where the camera openings are. You'll hear a pop in the middle. When you hear that, and only after you hear that, is the phone water tight. 90% of the water issues people are having most likely could be avoided by either the carrier remembering to press there firmly or the associate informint the customer. Make sure you're pressing there if you plan on exposing this phone to water, and please do NOT go scuba diving with it. Not desiged for that length of submerssion.
Hope this helps when making a decision on whether or not to purchase the phone!
If you are interested in Warranty experience, see note on painful service at end.
AT&T offers a one-time-replacement for water damage, as of Aug 7 2013.
There are a few things to do, to help your phone not be damaged by water, (based on instructions for my Panasonic underwater camera).
1) The seals on the back must be perfectly clean before closing it up. My underwater camera comes with a brush to ensure no hair, sand, lint, dust... is on the seal before closing. A dirty seal can allow water to enter at that spot.
2) Don't jump in water or swim with phone in hand (better to slowly wade in, with phone in pocket). The water pressure is Much greater than 1 meter submersion, when you have a sudden gush of water during a dive or jump, (same goes for being hit by a wave, or under a hose/faucet).
3) Don't open the back up, till the unit has been rinsed in clean fresh water (so hard salt crystals or mud don't form near seal), wiped off dry on the outside, and air dried for an about an hour. (You will notice that the seal only covers half of the back of the phone, the other half can hold drops of water, that once opened, can drip and turn the white H2O indicator red, and void the warranty).
4) Don't depend on the phone actually lasting 30 minutes 1 meter under water in the future, Seals wear, and degrade with age. (In a few years you may only have 10 minutes at foot under water, depending on wear).
5) Don't show off the phone's water resistance more than necessary, There are occasional manufacturing defects, that are hard to test for submersion.Read more ›
I would absolutely recommend this phone for anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors, but still want's a smartphone. My only complaint about this phone is that I can't use a lot of the really cool add-on's/accessories that are available for the S4 (such as Qi wireless charging, or the flip cover that shows the time through a window on the front, etc...) Other than that minor qualm, I've been extremely satisfied with this phone.
P.S. - Yes, I've tested the "waterproof-ness" of this phone, and it works like a champion - just make sure you do what the directions say and verify that the back is completely on (being mindful of the clip/latch under the camera on the back).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After 1 months of use the phone started shutting down only to found out the battery was no good. Will not buy from this vendor.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Cameras suck, and the phone just doesnt feel like a true galaxyPublished 1 month ago by Kenneth Chambers
Received what was supposed to be an unlocked international version of this phone. I received an unlocked ATT return, loaded with their junk bloatware. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Sean Logan War
DO NOT BUY!
This phone is getting ridiculous. The screen was cracked, the back cover is cracked, and I ordered an unlocked phone, and it is locked.
Very pleased I love my new phone thank you quick efficient seller!Published 5 months ago by Angie Hulse
Works perfect. Had it for quite a while now. I recommend a case, personally, I'm sure its tough but it feels thin and flimsy. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Lydia Z