- Size (LWH): 5.65 inches, 2.78 inches, 0.27 inches
- Weight: 4.96 ounces
- Battery Type: NiMh
Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I Factory Unlocked Cellphone, 32GB, Platinum Gold
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
|Voice / Text||2G Data||3G Data||4G LTE Data|
- 16 Megapixel Camera (2988 x 5312 pixels) + Front-Facing 5 Megapixel Camera w/ Dual-Video, Auto HDR, Panorama, and Optical Image Stabilization,
- 4G: LTE Cat6 700 / 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17), internal Memory: 32GB, 3GB RAM (not expandable)
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED Multi-Touchscreen w/ Fingerprint sensor, Samsung Pay and Protective Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android v5.0.2 (Lollipop), Quad-Core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-Core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 Processor, Chipset: Exynos 742, Mali-T760 Graphics
- Not compatible with VERIZON, SPRINT, NEXTEL, BOOST, VIRGIN, etc or all NON GSM Carriers
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
The GALAXY S6 embodies incredible performance, a beautifully sleek frame and an ultra-powerful 64 bit Octa-core processor.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Build - Hardware: The build quality of S6 is top notch, if not better, then as good as the iphone. The photos in the website or in the samsung portal do not do justice to the actual look and feel of the phone. There are reviews that mention the s6 look similar to iphone 6 and I would agree to that. I moved from an S3 to S6. The S3 after 3 years of use, had become slow, but moving the same apps to S6, the apps worked seemlessly.
2. Screen: The 577 pixels per inches is pixel density results in a screen with crisp displays and super sharp and smooth images.
3. Software: The android build on the S6 has so far run smoothly for past 3 months and so has all the apps I have used so far.
4. Camera: I havent played around with the photo as much as the video. The video on this is just incredible.4K ultra-HD video. The color reproductions are like something out of Downtown Abbey.
Yes, the battery life on a single charge is nothing to talk about. I get a whole days use. The upside is that the phone comes with a super charger that charges the phone to 90% within 30 minutes or so.
Long time Review
1-Month: We end up finding some new feature every time we use it.
i. GPS navigator - We used S6 as a navigator while travelling to New York. Compare the 60's cartoon screen of an Garmin with 577 ppi screen of S6 and you willl understand why you WANT to use S6 as a navigator even if you dont need to. Google maps has an offline mode, as long as you have enough storage on your phone to download the maps of the location. The best part was that during navigation, an incoming call, would just should up as a smally rectangular bar with information about the caller and accept/decline button and at the same time, the navigation would still be displayed.
ii. Finger Print unlock. Setting up is a breeze. there was a bit of apprehension whether if it will work. For one, the fingerprint unlock worked every time, the first time and again, there is a backup password (in case finger print doesnt work)
6 month review:
i. iphone6 and 6s have come and gone and after comparing the S6 to iphones my vote is for S6.
ii. S6 continues to work without issues. The phone accidently dropped from 5 ft and there was no scratch on it - I did have a protective cover.
I contacted Samsung and Amazon, and since this is an unlocked phone purchased from a second party (Mobile Connections) I could not process the repair through either of them.
I contacted Mobile Connections telling them what what Samsung told me and they said they would not help. They told me to contact Samsung yet another time, who confirmed what they said earlier.
The thing to keep in mind is if you buy an unlocked phone from Mobile Connections you have NO WARRANTY. No one will repair it and Mobile Connections will not help you.
It's important to add when they originally sold this item to me the title was "Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920i Unlocked Cellphone, 32GB, Black Sapphire." The recently added "no warranty" to the title because of my interaction with them, all the while not telling me they had a change of policy and that they just decided to not honor warranties in anyway.
Moral of the story, don't trust Mobile Connections.