2-Year Unlocked Mobile Phone Protection Planfrom Assurant
- $99 Dollar deductible will apply; only available to U.S. residents
- Coverage includes spills, drops and cracks
- Free 2-way shipping for repair and replacement
- 100% parts and labor covered. Delivered by e-mail
- Products used for commercial or business purposes are excluded
Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked 64GB - US Version (Midnight Black) - US Warranty
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Infinity Display: a bezel-less, full-frontal, edge-to-edge screen. Default resolution is Full HD+ and can be changed to Quad HD+ (WQHD+) in Settings
- Camera resolution - Front: 8 MP AF, Rear: 12 MP OIS AF
- Memory: Internal Memory 64 GB, RAM 4GB
There is a newer model of this item:
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of this order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases, preventing fraudulent use or reselling of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity of the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Introducing the stunning Infinity Display
The revolutionary design of the Galaxy S8 begins from the inside out. We rethought every part of the phone's layout to break through the confines of the smartphone screen so all you see is pure content and no bezel. It's the biggest, most immersive screen on a Galaxy smartphone of this size, and it's easy to hold in one hand.
Infinity Display: Beyond the bezel
The Infinity Display sets a new standard for uninterrupted, immersive experiences. It enables an expanded screen size without necessitating a larger phone. So while the view is grander, Galaxy S8 feels small in your hand, making them easy to hold and use.
The big screen that feels small
You'll immediately notice the comfortable grip of the smooth curves, which allow you to hold on easily while you watch movies on the larger screen. And important short cuts are a swipe away, as the edge screen is available on both Galaxy S8.
Sleek all around
Complementing the uniform front is the equally smooth silhouette on the back. The rear camera sits perfectly flush with the surface for a visually tranquil profile.
The phone that opens up new worlds
More screen means more is seen
Be it movies or games, you'll get drawn into the action on the Galaxy S8 screen. With the 18.5:9 display ratio, you get the whole scene on your screen.
Scroll less, do more
Text while you watch a movie, or make a list while you browse. You're able to multitask efficiently due to the bigger screen, and you can choose what your focus is by easily resizing the windows. And when just one thing has your attention, you'll see more of the article or your social media feed, so you scroll less.
Invisible but accessible
The new navigation keys are no different from the physical ones you're used to, but now they're beautifully inconspicuous—until you need them. The home key is where it normally is, and it works just as usual with a simple press.
Styled for the future
Enjoy seamless navigation on the Galaxy S8 with a sleek and clean interface that aligns beautifully with the smooth Infinity Display. As you unlock from the AOD (Always-On Display) and switch between apps, the visual journey on screen is just as striking as the exterior.
|Water resistance||IP68-Water resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes||✓||✓|
|Display type||Infinity Display Quad HD+ Super AMOLED||Infinity Display Quad HD+ Super AMOLED||Infinity Display Quad HD+ Super AMOLED||Quad HD Super AMOLED|
|Resolution||2960 x 1440||2960 x 1440||2960 x 1440||2560 x 1440|
|Camera - Dual pixel rear facing||✓||✓||✓|
|Battery||3300 mAh||3000 mAh||3500 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Fast wireless charging||✓||✓||✓|
|Expandable memory||Up to 256GB MicroSD||Up to 256GB MicroSD||Up to 256GB MicroSD|
|Disclaimers||*Measured diagonally, the screen size is 6.2" in the full rectangle and 6.3" with accounting for the rounded corners.||**Measured diagonally, the screen size is 5.8" in the full rectangle and 5.6" with accounting for the rounded corners.||***Measured diagonally, the screen size is 6.2" in the full rectangle and 6.1" with accounting for the rounded corners.||2017 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Galaxy is a trademark of Samsung Electronics America. 1. Wireless charger sold separately. 2. Fingerprint/Iris unlocking may not be permitted for access to corporate Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync servers. 3. Portion of memory occupied by existing content. 4. MicroSD card sold separately.|
Compare with similar items
Samsung Galaxy S9 Unlocked Smartphone - Midnight Black - US Warranty
Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB Unlocked Phone - International Version (Midnight Black)
Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB Unlocked Phone - US Version (Orchid Gray)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (G950u GSM only) 5.8" Unlocked Smartphone for all GSM Carriers - Midnight Black (Certified Refurbished)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ 64GB Unlocked Phone - 6.2" Screen - International Version (Midnight Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Mobiles International LLC||BREED||BuySPRY||TechnoMaster|
|Camera Description||12||Super Speed Dual PixelRear: 12MP OIS (F1.5/F2.4)Front: 8MP AF (F1.7). *Measured diagonally, the screen size is 5.8" in the full rectangle and 5.7" accounting for the rounded corners. **Measured diagonally, the screen size is 6.2" in the full rectangle and 6.1" accounting for the rounded corners. ***Water resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Rinse residue/dry after wet. ****MicroSD card sold separately. *****Wireless charger sold separately.||—||12||—||—|
|Screen Size||5.8 in||—||5.8 in||5.8 in||5.8 in||5.1 in|
|Item Dimensions||2.68 x 5.86 x 0.31 in||3.8 x 6.5 x 2.5 in||2.68 x 5.86 x 0.31 in||2.68 x 5.86 x 0.31 in||2.68 x 5.86 x 0.31 in||2.89 x 6.28 x 0.32 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||1 lb||5.36 ounces||5.36 ounces||1 lb||1.1 lbs|
|Operating System||android;android 7||Android||google_android||android;android 7||android;android 7||google_android|
U.S. limited warranty. Latest Galaxy phone with Infinity Display, Duel Pixel Camera, iris scanning and Ip68-rated water and dust resistance. The phone comes with a stunning 5.8" Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display (2960x1440) with 570 ppi and world's first 10nm processor.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
99% of the negative reviews are SELLER REVIEWS! People bought used products or from a private seller and got something not covered by amazon. BUY NEW, FROM AMAZON. If you don't know how to shop, I suggest you double check where the item is coming from in your cart and before you check out. PAY ATTENTION!
After owning the phone long enough to be familiar with it, I thought I would leave a decent review outlining some of the pro's and con's, as well as some neutral's. My review is as follows: (see end comments about unlocked and verizon use - this phone is 100% unlocked!)
1. Very sleek design. Very nice screen and overall a great phone.
2. The camera/video recorder is AMAZING. Simple as that. I took amazing outdoor and indoor (even in low light/no light) pictures. I am genuinely impressed and was not expecting it to be so good. (See last pic. Photo on phone was taken by s8)
3. The pixel ratio/screen size. I got the s8 because I did not want a huge computer in my pocket, and it has plenty of room in it.
4. Very fast. The processor even with battery settings set to a mid level (which can be changed to your personal preference) is still fast enough to do anything you can throw at it.
5. RAM and Storage ration. Perfect. Plenty of ram to handle multi-tasking and plenty of storage to handle those 4k videos/pictures PLUS room to expand with SD storage, which is also getting much better and bigger. But 64GB entry level... eat your heart out apple.
6. Great speaker! I mean wow... this thing get's loud. I was also not expecting such great sound. You will have no trouble hearing anything even in a loud environment. Seriously amazed here.
7. Power saving/Battery life. Simply put, the AMOLED allows for some amazing battery life and the 3000mah batter holds up well. Very well. Much better than the iPhone.
8. Fast charging. The lowest I have had the battery is about 60% and it charged in under an hour.
9. AMOLED screen. As stated in #7, it helps with battery life but other than that, it has plenty of brightness and picture clarity. I also carified in #3 that the screen size and pixel ratio were simply stunning. You will notice this if you game alot or during those 4k picture zooms and probably much more on the s8+.
10. Accessories and headphone jack. It has a headphone jack! lol. The accessories that came with the phone are great. A fast charging cable, a type-c to mini usb extension, and a usb to type-c extension as well. The headphones are simply amazing too. By far some of the best I have owned, as far as ear buds go, and you don't have to pay for good quality here. The material of them is great and they come with extra different size earbuds.
11. Water resistance. While I have not tested it, and probably never will, it's a great feature. I still don't recommend dunking your phone.
12. Pocket settings. There is an option to keep the screen off while in your pocket, or something like a purse. Simple as that. If you butt dial, you probably are not navigating the settings well enough. Keep in mind, android has A LOT of settings, and it would be wise to go through them all including the basic options that samsung offers.
13. Widget size. You can actually adjust the size of every single widget, and fit more apps on the pages as well as the default home row. You can also change the lock screen apps, if you want any at all. I personally have a camera and the phone app on the lock screen, and keep all my apps on a single page, in folders, the weather, a google search bar with the mic button, and lastly a control panel for quick access to bluetooth and auto-sync buttons etc etc.. All on one page, with plenty of empty space. Half the screen is even still empty. Thank you so much for resizeable widgets.
1. Bixby button. The button is below the volume buttons, so nothing you can do there. However, you can disable bixby. Most reviews on here are failing to realize this and also failing to outline how. See the end of my review for simple instructions.
2. Phone Length. I'll admit, it's pretty long. Maybe I am just to used to an older, smaller phone, but one handed operations is going to take some getting used to. Be mindful of the edges of the screen too. Too much palm and you will be scrolling. I do not see this as a negative still, just takes some getting used to and as outlined in the pro's section, the overall screen size is perfect.
3. Edge lighting. A bit torn on this one. It seems cool, but is pretty much useless. It's basically a notification before the notification. So you would have to tap twice and then unlock as well. IMHO, it does look really cool, but SAMSUNG needs to give us more control over it.
4. Always on display. This can also be turned off. I find it 100% useless, but not a negative by any means. I feel it can definitely cater to some users who enjoy always being able to look at their phone. I personally disabled it and honestly looked no further into it.
5. Color settings. I have always disliked samsung's default colors. Especially on TV's. However, there is an option to change them to your liking. I chose the basic setting, but there is even an option to change balance which let's you arrange a set of liked color boxes, whites, and blacks to your liking and all kinds of other options for personal preference. It really is a great setting, however, it is a neutral and not a pro simply because they enable a very rich color by default. So I recommend changing this to suite your own eyeballs.
6. The lock screen clock/theme settings. In order to change the lock screen clock, you have to register with samsung themes and install a theme, which can be somewhat custom. I did this, and the deactivated my account. The setting were retained and all is well. Still a neutral because I feel samsung should incorporate a way to change the lock screen clock by default to a couple preset clocks. The standard one IMHO, is ugly and not aesthetically pleasing to read.
1. Typical android settings. Everything is always on. This is not a samsung issue, but android. I recommend going through every single option, and every single app to change every single setting. Sometimes, this can take the first week of owning an android phone to get right. This also almost always has a HUGE impact on battery life. There are settings in sub-menu's of settings. So please, NAVIGATE YOUR ANDROID SETTINGS! Your poor battery life is not due to this phone at all. It is due to negligence and laziness.
2. "Ok Google". This seems to always be on, even when turned off in googles settings. I have a search bar and I have turned off all settings both in the phone and google, but for some reason if you say those two naughty words, it still comes up. However, if you do not set it up, it will only be asking you to set it up. Same thing as bixby almost, but this is a negative because I do not want my mic on. At all. I think samsung needs to address this before anything else, even the bixby issues some people are not liking or failing to change.
3. All glass. The phone is not strong by any means. It does not feel like a cheap POS, but it is all glass. This belongs in the negative because most of us are drop prone, and even if you are not, it is very easy to make a mistake. Overall, it looks amazing, but there is no need for a glass backing too. I highly recommend you get a case, and if you are in fact drop prone, get a big durable case like an otterbox with a screen protector. The risk will always be there with all smart phones, but the s8 being all glass just seems pointless. That said, I have NEVER dropped a phone to a point where it broke (fingers crossed, knock on wood).
4. The finger print scanner. What a stupid placement for a finger print scanner. Right next to the camera lense? come on... I personally do not use it at all, but if I did and wanted to take a picture, you would be cleaning your lense as soon as you unlocked it. Nobody wants to take an unclear photo because they used the finger print security feature. I like the Google Plus one, but feel that if any, Apple has the best one being in the home button.
On a side note: THIS PHONE IS UNLOCKED. It can be used with ANY carrier. If you do not pay attention to who or where you buy it from, at least leave a sellers review instead of a product review. 99% of the negative reviews are this. Please pay attention and buy a new phone from Amazon only. I do not ever recommend getting a refurb on this kind of product, or buying from a private seller regardless of their rating. You just never know.
As for Bixby, all you have to do is not set it up and hold the home screen like you are adding a widget, scroll to the left and hit the button to turn it off. This will not remove it, but will stop it from doind whatever crazy stuff these other reviews are talking about. I have had NO ISSUES with bixby, because I turned it off. Also, make sure you go through your settings, including the subsettings imbedded into android like background data usage etc etc and turn it all off. People having battery issues, I guarantee it is not the s8's fault. It is android and you would not get any better life with iOS for failing to go through your settings. GO THROUGH YOUR SETTINGS! every. single. one. Over and over for a week until you find every nook and cranny. There is a lot!
Overall, this phone is amazing. The list of pro's, con's, and neutral's are simply my take and my opinion. I do recommend the phone. At least if you are in a position to think about it and can try it, go to a local store and pick one up on the display to play with it, but it's just not the same as owning it. I was torn between a google pixel xl and this one, but when this dropped in price it made my decision that much easier. I did like the idea of a bigger phone, however, I just kept thinking how big it would be in my pocket. So I went with the standard s8 and I am very happy I did. I do a lot of fishing, hiking, and outdoor stuff and 90% of the time, I TRY to keep my phone around me in my pocket in case of an emergency. Usually off, because where I go there is no signal anyways.
Any review stating a mostly negative opinion, in my opinion, is probably a bit trollish or did not do any research and made an impulse buy. I think you can get used to this phone and if you are complaining about the things I have outlined here, the only one to blame is you. So give it a try, navigate ALL the settings, get used to android, and don't drop this phone lol! Thank you for reading.
Next, the always on screen. Sometimes it is literally ALWAYS ON. screen is on, at the main home screen, not the lock screen. Anyone can get into the phone, browse away and make calls if I a not watching. Also, in this state, if it isn't charging and I put it in my pocket, it actually heats my leg uncomfortably. The only solution is to hit the power button to put it to the lock screen. Very frustrating but I dealt with it because it is "the best phone out there".
Now this morning i awoke to find the phone powered off. I assume the battery had dies so I plugged it in. Normally, as soon as it is plugged in you would see a circle with a lightning bolt inside that appears, letting you know it is at zero percent but it is charging. The LED light would also blink at the top....nothing. No LED light, no circle with lightning bolt, nothing. I then proceeded to spend 3 hours looking on the internet, calling Samsung, everything to try and rectify the issue. It just will not turn on.
So now I get on the phone with Samsung and they have me go through 20 minutes of attempts to resolve the issue, the same things I just spent 3 hours trying. Still nothing. I also read in their warranty for cell phones (see attached screenshot) that "During the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is returned in accordance with the terms of this Standard Limited Warranty, Samsung will repair or replace the Product, at Samsung’s sole option, without charge." So i figured they would just ask the woman to overnight a replacement of this 5 month old phone and I would ship this broken one back, done....nope. The woman on the phone refused to even acknowledge replacing was an option even though I read her word for word what the warranty stated. The only option was to send it to them, wait for them to fix it, and then send it back. All of which will take 2 weeks! I replacement can be shipped in 2 days!. I asked her nicely again to replace it as I cannot be without a phone for 2 weeks, no; she wouldn't even consider it since she didn't believe it was in the warranty in the first place. After a 3rd try to get her to understand she simply got quiet as she refused to even discuss it with me any longer. Very disrespectful and lack of understanding of my situation or their warranty apparently but also very disrespectful to a customer who has spent a fortune on Samsung products.
So now I am sending the phone back to Samsung to let them spend 2 weeks to repair and send it back. In the interim I plan to buy another phone THAT WILL NOT BE SAMSUNG. I have been a Samsung fan for 4 years now and have spent close to $20,000 on phones, TVs, all new kitchen appliances. To be so mistreated after all of this loyalty is unbelievable. After tolerating all of nuisances with this phone and then to be told they cannot replace it but it must be sent in for repair for 2 weeks is just unacceptable. This is the reason why Samsung has peaked for me and will now be going downhill. As far I am concerned there will never be another Samsung product in my home and I will actively tell whoever will listen to stay away from this company who does not respect their customers loyalty.
Unless this company makes this right I will get the phone back ,sell it and never even consider another Samsung product, period. The aggravation alone is worth 10 of these phones that cost Samsung less than 300 dollars to manufacturer. Losing a 20k customer is going to hurt. Further I plan to post this review anywhere I can so that as many people considering Samsung products understand the company and lack of customer focus.
I contacted Samsung, they asked me to update and reset the phone and so a bunch of staff to the camera app. After the 2nd call, They sent me to a Repair Center close to my home. The repair center wanted to charge me $109 dollars. I called Samsung again. This time Samsung told me that because I was under warranty they can fix it for me. They cannot replace phones but just fix them. Samsung told me that they will take 11 days to fix it. I expressed my concern that I bought an expensive phone because the service as my work and my business depend on a reliable phone. I told them that I cannot afford 11 days without communication. So, they told me "Well you won't be without communication you can buy a ship phone and exchange the sim card until your phone cames back".
So, does not Samsung understand that an unlock cheap phone cost at minimum 120 and it won't be able to multitask as fast I need to do my job and maintain my business?
I do not recommend to buy this phone or any Samsung phone if service and reliability is the most important subject for your purchase.