|Screen Size||8 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.2 GHz Tablet Processor|
|RAM||1.5 GB DRAM|
|Hard Drive||16 GB|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||11 hours|
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"; 16 GB Wifi Tablet (White) SM-T350NZWAXAR
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 White, 16 GB
At a Glance
- Share content between devices with SideSync* and Quick Connect**
- Use two apps at the same time with Multi Window***
- Kids Mode offers secure, child-friendly interface
- Get work done anywhere with Microsoft Office
- Front and rear cameras for photos and video chat
- Ultra-thin 8.0-inch design for portability
- Adaptive display adjusts settings for comfortable viewing
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 White, 16 GB
Designed to enhance your mobile life, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps you immersed in what matters most every day. Dive into images, videos and more. Enjoy your favorite content on any screen you own when you connect your Samsung devices with SideSync*. Work and create right from your tablet with Microsoft Office. And switch to Kids Mode when you want to entertain the kids while keeping all of your personal content secure. The new Galaxy Tab A connects you to the people and things you love.
*Galaxy Tab A and SideSync 3.0 are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices and later devices.
**Galaxy Tab A and Quick Connect are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and later devices.
***Multi Window does not support all applications.
Connect All Your Devices with SideSync*
Connecting your Samsung devices is easier than ever. With Samsung SideSync 3.0* and Quick Connect**, you can share content and work effortlessly between your Samsung tablet, smartphone and personal computer.
Do Two Things At Once
Make the most out of your tablet time with advanced multitasking tools. Easily open two apps side by side so you can flip through your photos while browsing online. Check social media and your social calendar at the same time. With Multi Window on the Galaxy Tab A, you can do more, faster.
Multi Window does not support all applications.
Kids Mode Allows Children to Play Safely
Kids Mode gives parents peace of mind while providing a colorful, engaging place for kids to play. Easily manage what your kids access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own documents private. Available for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials, Kids Mode keeps your content—and more importantly, your kids—safe and secure.
Increase Productivity with Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office works as hard as you do—simply click on each Microsoft Office icon to download for free from Galaxy Apps. Review and save changes in Microsoft Word. Make edits in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel. And easily work on the same document across devices, knowing your content and formatting will remain intact. Plus, with an additional 100 GB of storage on Microsoft OneDrive, complimentary for two years, you can keep all of your favorite photos, videos and documents in one place.
Share Your Tablet with Multi-User Mode
Ideal for sharing your tablet, Multi-User Mode lets you create separate, customized log-ins for family members and friends. This allows you to save your favorite settings and apps, as well as keep your personal information secure when someone else is using your tablet.
Adaptive Display Adjusts to Your Surroundings
Every viewing experience on your Galaxy Tab A is enhanced through adaptive display technology. Read, watch and play on your tablet as it automatically adjusts settings based on content and lighting. No matter where you are and what you’re viewing, your Galaxy Tab A delivers an optimal picture.
Lightweight, Portable Design
The ultra-thin Galaxy Tab A is comfortable to hold and light in your hand, making it convenient to take with you wherever you go.
Built-in Cameras for Photos and Video
Equipped with a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front camera, the Galaxy Tab A helps you take better photos and videos with features like continuous shot mode, auto focus, and digital zoom.
Ultra Power Saving Mode Maximizes Battery Life
Avoid draining your battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode. It shuts off nonessential apps to prolong battery life when you need it most.
Android 5.0 Lollipop for Smooth Operation
Designed to work seamlessly with all of your Google apps, the Galaxy Tab A runs Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Whether you want to catch up on emails or listen to your favorite playlist, this easy-to-use operating system keeps your apps organized and easy to access.
Expandable Storage to Store Photos, Music, and Videos
The tablet offers 16 GB of onboard memory and includes a microSD card slot that allows you to add up to 128 GB of additional memory, making it easy to store more songs, videos, photos, and games.
Transfer Content Easily with Smart Switch
Switching to the new Galaxy Tab A has never been simpler—or smarter. With Samsung Smart Switch*, you have the freedom to move your contacts, music and other media from iOS and Windows OS to your new Samsung Galaxy device.
What's in the Box?
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 White 16 GB, USB charging cable, wall adapter, and quick start guide.
Compare with similar items
8.0" Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 16GB Smoky Titanium
Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black - with Special Offers
Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 8-Inch Tablet (16 GB, Titanium) W/ Pouch (Certified Refurbished)
Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6"; 16 GB Wifi Tablet (Black) SM-T560NZKUXAR
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"; 8 GB Wifi Tablet (Black) SM-T280NZKAXAR
|Price||Unavailable||$167.79||$79.99||$134.95||See price in cart||$124.96|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||27Stores||Amazon.com||PrimeDeal||Amazon.com||Focus Camera- Same Day Shipping|
|RAM Size||1.5 GB||1.5 GB||16 GB||1.5 GB||16 GB||1.5 GB|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||bluetooth 4.1||Wi-Fi||—||Wired||Wireless|
|Screen Size||8 in||8 in||8 in||8 in||9.6 in||7 in|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||8|
|Hard-Drive Size||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||—||16 GB||8 GB|
|Item Dimensions||5.43 x 8.2 x 0.3 in||0.2 x 9.3 x 6.7 in||5 x 8.4 x 0.4 in||10 x 16 x 16 in||5.89 x 9.52 x 0.38 in||4.3 x 0.3 x 7.4 in|
|Item Weight||0.69 lb||2 lbs||—||1 lb||1.21 lbs||1.1 lbs|
|Native Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels||—||1280 x 800 (189 ppi)||—||1280 x 800 pixels||1280 x 800 pixels|
|Operating System||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Fire OS||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Android 5.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350NZWAXAR 8.0 inch 1.5 GHz, 16GB, Android 5.0 Lollipop Tablet, White. Keep All Your Samsung Devices In Sync. Connecting your Samsung devices is easier than ever. With Samsung Side Sync 3.0 and Quick Connect, you can share content and work effortlessly between your Samsung tablet, smartphone and personal computer. Do Two Things at Once. Make the most out of your tablet time with advanced multitasking tools. Easily open two apps side by side so you can flip through your photos while browsing online. Check social media and your social calendar at the same time. With Multi Window on the Galaxy Tab A, you can do more, faster. Kids Mode gives parents peace of mind while providing a colorful, engaging place for kids to play. Easily manage what your kids access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own documents private. Available for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials, Kids Mode keeps your content-and more importantly, your kids- safe and secure. Your Perfect Office Partner. Personalized Logins For Everyone. Never Put Your Tablet Down. Capture More Real-Time Moments. The Easy Way to Transfer Content to a New Device. Ultra Power Saving Mode. More To Discover. More To Love. Keep It All With You. The Next Big Thing in Music.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Both the tablets are made of plastic with a metallic frame that runs around its sides. Despite its plastic construction these tablets do not feel cheap in any way ( The newer Tab E in comparison feels cheaper) with its soft touch matte finish plastic
- The color choices on the tablet is great , having owned both the White & 'Smoky Titanium' colors - you cant go wrong with either of them . The white color is a nice soft metallic white with a slight pearl effect and the 'Smoky Titanium' is more of a metallic gunmetal shade - a good departure of the standard solid whites ,greys or blacks found on most other tablets
FEATURES & PERFORMANCE
- Both the Tab A 8.0 & 9.7 feature the same Qualcomm SnapDragon 410 processor - A mid range quad core 64 Bit 1.2 Ghz processor released in 2014
- Both the 8.0" and 9.7" scored pretty similarly on the AnTuTu synthetic benchmark owing to their similar hardware specifications (see pics)
- Both 9.7" and 8.0" tablets feature screens with 768 X 1024 resolution which gives them a pixel density ( higher values mean sharper images & text) of 160 PPI for the 8.0" model and 132 PPI on the 9.7" model
- The 160 PPI pixel density on the 8.0" is adequate for most uses , including browsing text heavy websites like Wikipedia , without having to zoom in too much. The pixelation is much more noticeable on the 9.7" model
- The screen colors are rich and vibrant with good viewing angles
- The 8.0" tab features a 4200 mAh battery which is good for 1.5 days of heavy use , the only issue here is it charges rather slowly at max of 1A as compared to the max charging current of 2A on the 9." model
- In terms of performance , it can easily handle about 3 simultaneous tabs in the chrome browser after which the limitations & slowdowns due to its 1.5GB RAM become apparent (Both models have 1.5GB RAM)
- The single speaker at the bottom of the 8.0" model is pretty weak and you would usually have to turn up the volume above 75% to hear anything clearly (as opposed to better dual stereo speakers on the 9.7" model)
- The tablet does have an expandable MircoSD card slot which is great
- The 8.0 model has a rich and vibrant screen with good viewing angles and sufficient resolution for everyday use
- Touchscreen sensitivity and fluidity is great with not stuttery UI performance
- The 8.0 screen size is ideal for one handed use , yet offer enough real estate for media consumption like pictures or videos.
- The tablet performance is more than adequate, I had no issues running 1080P movies on the Netflix app , browsing with 3-4 tabs open or playing light games like Temple Run, Subway Surfer etc
- I absolutely love Samsung's implementation of multi-tasking which allows you to run two compatible apps side by side in windowed form . This is one feature , which once you get used to, you will be using very often
- Expandable storage
- Its upgraded to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS
THE NOT SO GOOD
- Weak single speaker
- the 5MP rear and 2MP front camera's are not that great, though they are sufficient for video chatting
- Average battery life of 1.5 days and very slow charging speeds at 1A
- For these reasons I take away one star
Overall I really like the Tab A 8.0 (over our Tab A 9.7) and can highly recommend it to you as you get a great form factor , decent screen resolution and performance with bright vivid colors and expandable storage all for under a $150 price tag. In fact i still choose this tablet over heavily discounted Ipad Mini during Black Friday 2016 as I felt it fulfilled my requirements sufficiently and gave more bang for my buck
While using Google Docs or Microsoft Word is okayish, I recommend getting a wired keyboard for such tasks, as my mini bluetooth keyboard has quite a bit of lag on this tablet, though that may just be me. Oh, and because there is only 1.5 GB of RAM, you basically can't multitask as much. So I was constantly switching back and forth from Chrome to Google Docs while typing a paper (side note, Google Drive apps and Microsoft Office apps don't allow splitscreen) and waiting just a few seconds for the app to open up again, since it closed while it was in the background.
I was surprised to see that it could still run some of the newer apps on the Play Store. For the 120 bucks I spent on this tablet I was able to enjoy Hearthstone pretty comfortably, as well as getting playable framerates and visuals for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Fallout Shelter runs great and looks nice on the screen, and Fire Emblem mobile looks vibrant and colorful. The GPU in this tablet is pretty good for the price, though it does get bogged down by the fact that there is only one processor. Not having at least a 1080p screen is a bummer, as my Galaxy S8 has a better display than this tab, though that should be expected for the price point.
Overall, this tablet has served me well in my college experience. The screen, though not full HD, is good enough for ebook reading and some Netflix. The productivity on this tab has potential, but be prepared for some slowdown on wireless keyboards. This device still has value in 2017 to anyone, as long you're willing to take compromises.
Most recent customer reviews
First off, it is unreasonably slow. Samsung obviously went for battery life here, but what good is a long battery life if you...Read more