Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 16GB Unlocked Android Smartphone - Dark Blue
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- AndroidTM 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Camera Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
- 5.3" WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI) screen* HD Super AMOLED
- Multi Input Full touch + S Pen (Advanced smart pen)
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 EDGE: 850/900/1800/2100
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A Unlocked Cellphone, 32GB, Black
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910A 32GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Smartphone Black
Samsung Galaxy Note5 N920V 32GB (Verizon Unlocked) - Blue / Black Sapphire (Certified Refurbished)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910a 32GB GSM Unlocked Smartphone Charcoal Black (Certified Refurbished)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910a 32GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Smartphone White
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Cell2U4Less||Cell2U4Less||Tech Venture||ELECTRONIC DEALS||Prime Buys|
|Camera Description||—||13 MP||16 MP||—||—||16 MP|
|Screen Size||5.3 in||5.7 in||5.7 in||5.7 in||5.7 in||5.7 in|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 0.39 x 5.79 in||0.33 x 5.95 x 3.12 in||0.33 x 6.04 x 3.09 in||0.3 x 3 x 6 in||0.33 x 6.04 x 3.09 in||0.33 x 6.04 x 3.09 in|
|Item Weight||6.28 ounces||5.93 ounces||6.24 ounces||6.03 ounces||6.21 ounces||6.24 ounces|
|Operating System||google_android||Android||Android||Android||android 4.4||Android 4.4.4 KitKat|
Galaxy Note is A new type of smartphone, borne of insight and innovation. It is the ultimate on-the-go device which consolidates core benefits of diverse mobile devices while maintaining smartphone portability. It empowers you with everything you can ever desire so that you can simply, feel free. It is truly smart. Consumer research indicates that people always want to do more tasks much better, even on the go, whether it is web browsing, email, games, or viewing photos and videos. To do all this, consumers carry multiple devices, because each device has unique benefits that work best in a particular situation. Therefore, consumers constantly switch devices to use the right device at the right time. Even for consumers with multiple smart devices, they still carry around a notepad for writing down ideas. There is an emerging desire for a primary device for on-the-go use that could consolidate the core tasks of multiple devices as well as recreate the ease and simplicity of using a pen and paper. The GALAXY Note was created to reflect your desires. The Galaxy Note is a primary device that will minimize the need to switch to other devices while on the go and open up the potential of your mobile experience.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
***Over 30 days have past since I purchased the device (Feb 16, 2012), so I am more confident about this device as it works wonderfully in all areas! The reason I mention that is ALL INTERNATIONAL phones DO NOT have a US warranty and I took a HUGE chance spending $700 (at the time of purchase, it is now about $620) for this device! However, I have owed smartphones and computers for many years and have found that if they fail, 95% of the time they fail WITHIN THE FIRST 30 DAYS! In fact all of my smartphones have "shown" me in the first 30 days by "acting up" whether they would last or not. I have NEVER (so far) had any problems with this device. It is superb. Below are PROS and CONS.
1) Huge 5.3" screen that is super vivid, clear and easy to read (and the phone is NOT TOO BIG, instead it is light and comfortable to hold.
2) Great music player with good sound with the Samsung headset (included) or on speaker.
3) FM radio included (AT&T version does not have FM radio).
4) Fast processor.
5) I get 3G+ speeds for data and it is fast, fast, fast! (Mostly I use WiFi, but sometimes data and again, it is very fast). I have AT&T data that I buy each month as I have the go-phone (pre-paid plan) and I buy the smallest data they have as I use WiFi 95% of the time.
6) WiFi easy to connect and works perfectly with long range ability!
7) Good stock browser, however, I downloaded Dolphin HD Browser and I can get "desktop" pages (not mobile pages) and also tabs, and so so many features. Opera is OK, but Dolphin HD blows all the other browsers away!
8) Android 2.3.6 is fine for me, they say ICS comes out in late April or May for the GNote.
9) Battery life - Decent - Since I am on WiFi or Data 100% of the time when I use this device so the battery lasts me about 5 hours before I have to recharge. Now when I turn the WiFi on and off to conserve battery, I get about 10 hours or more! Also I have backlight on 90%!
10) I chose White color, very regal looking - so this is a pro for me!
11) Size: Perfect combo mini tablet with 5.3" screen and great phone, don't need to lug around my 10" tablet anymore! And I do not think this device is too big to use as a phone and have no problem putting it up to me ear to make a call. This phone is lightweight and easy to hold. I now use a TPU clear cover for just $7 on eBay(shows off the device and does not show dirt) and also use a great cover that is for 5" GPS I bought from Amazon for just $15 that is open at the top and does not have magnets in it. Samsung has said not to use this device anywhere near magnets (page 180 of the online PDF GNote manual).
12) Camera and Video Camera - This takes better pictures than my regular camera and I move the pictures to my 32 gid SD card. And video is wonderful for a quick video! Mostly I take pictures when I am out and about, so no need to have to take my old camera as this device is: CAMERA, MINI TABLET, MUSIC PLAYER, FM RADIO ALL IN ONE DEVICE!!!!!
1) NO US WARRANTY (but there is a UK (International warranty) 24 month warranty in the box). This phone came with a warranty was from the UK and I was given a UK phone number and address for the phone. In a sense, I do truly have a warranty for 24 months for this phone. However, I called Samsung at one of the US service locations and had a very long conversation with the rep. He explained that the reason that Samsung US Warranty does not cover this phone is because this is an international phone, not a phone made for the US and they warranted phones that are made for carriers in the US like AT&T phones, Tmobile, Verizon, etc, not UNLOCKED INTERNATIONAL PHONES. However, he did say that I have a International Warranty with UK as stated on my 24 month warranty info that came with the phone. If it fails, I will have to call Samsung in the UK I believe and let them know that I am sending the phone, track it via USPS or whatever. However, I have a great feeling about the phone that this will not happen as the phone works superbly and I am very happy with it...
I called Square Trade and they told me NO WARRANTY on non US (International) phones. They said they would "assist" in shipping or something like that, then I talked to a 2nd person and I was informed they did not warranty the Gnote international version. ***But I am not too worried, as my GNote works great and I am happy with my choice as I did not want AT&T LOCKED VERSION. *Please not that 95% of the time, if a device is going to fail or malfunction, it is usually within the first 30 days. And I have used this device for well over 30 days and it is fast and has been perfect!
TRUE STARS 4.5 STARS BECAUSE OF THE NO US WARRANTY, however a 24 month UK warranty enclosed.
2) APN SETTINGS must be manually inputted (all international phones require this). WiFi and text messaging works right out of the box, however, APN settings are needed for Data and MMS messaging.
--UPDATE SEPT 10. 2012--
It took two updates OTA to get ICS on my GNote, however, I updated to ICS 4.04 from the older 2.3 Gingerbread very early this morning. So far, I really like it. I was able to keep all my APPS, Bookmarks in Dolphin Browser, Contacts, etc. However, I did have to change back to my favorite shortcuts to APPS (and all my APPS work great) on each screen and make new folders, etc. I did have to make new playlists though. The only things I discovered that I really dislike about ICS is more memory use and the battery goes down faster. I now have about 350 free and before had 450 free. However, this is probably due to the much larger OS in 4.04 over 2.3! Also for me, the battery does not last as long. This is just from the first day, so hopefully things will improve. The fact that I have wanted ICS since Feb 2012 when I purchased the GNote, and finally decided to upgrade, I can live with this. Now I have heard that Jelly Bean 4.1 OTA update will be available for the GNote in late October. Looking very forward to updating to JB (hopefully in an OTA in late October, 2012) Also looking forward to the GNote II coming out probably in November or December with Jelly Bean in the US!
Please leave comments and I will answer all. Also, if anyone needs AT&T or T-Mobile APN settings, please ask in the comments and I will post them...
Samsung has released the source code and driver info so there is already a lot of support in the community in best Linux/Android fashion.
This device here on Amazon.com is actually the same that is sold in Germany (this vendor ships batches to the US and replenishes the stock as needed, that's why there is sometimes an odd statement like "will ship in 2 days when available" next to the purchase button). We got ours shipped overnight for $3.99 - amazing.
We just got 2 of these to replace our Dell Streaks and as much as I liked the Streak, it is refreshing to see that a smart phone does not have to be hacked in order to work as intended. No reboots, no battery issues. It is minimally wider compared to the Streak.
When the Note is dropped the screen is much better protected due to the time-proven (and annoyingly iPhone3-ish) bevel mount. I've broken two Dell Streak screens (sic!) because of the "tension" screen mount that device had.
You have to enter a new APN (access point) in the mobile settings to get access to the AT&T data network:
copy from thread at androidforums "galaxy-note-not-detecting-sim-card"
"Go to Settings --> Wireless and Network --> and Access Point Names. You might have to make a new apn. "
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Server: leave blank
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
Authentication type: not set
APN Type: internet + mms
Note that there are going to be several variants and this one here, N7000, is the most versatile ([...]):
N7000 - The original version, with a dual-core 1.4GHz Cortex A9 processor
N7003 - A lower-powered and cheaper version, with a single-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8255T processor
LTE version - with higher-speed communications ability, initially available only in South Korea, will only have the single-core processor; will have the NFC chip ("pay for stuff by waving your phone") - rumors exists that the N7000 can be equipped with the NFC chip on a battery later on
With regards to speeds, this 7000 here has HSPA+ and not LTE. Although LTE can be faster in theory, HSPA+ produce 5-20mbps and VZW LTE only around 5-25mbps. WiMax is somewhere in the same range. In my mind, it was not worth waiting for the Korean LTE version to arrive in the US for that reason.