- Size (LWH): 4.8 inches, 2.5 inches, 0.4 inches
- Weight: 4.16 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 432 hours
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, Black (T-Mobile)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ultra-fast 4G-enabled, Android 2.2-powered smartphone with 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen display and 1 GHz processor
- Enabled for T-Mobile's ultra-fast 4G HSPA+ network with theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps
- 5-MP camera; HD 720p camcorder; front-facing video chat camera; Bluetooth 3.0 stereo music; 16 GB memory microSD card; corporate and personal e-mail
- Up to 6.5 hours of talk time, up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time; released in February, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 16 GB microSD card, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
T-Mobile's first smartphone capable of delivering theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps, the Samsung Vibrant 4G Galaxy S smartphone also offers unparalleled entertainment including mobile HDTV through T-Mobile TV, the Oscar-nominated film Inception, and T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik. The Android-powered Vibrant 4G provides a wealth of Google services and support for Adobe Flash, plus direct access to the Android Market for discovering a wide range of fun and powerful apps.
Get the fastest downloads yet with the Samsung Vibrant 4G--with peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.
Video chat on T-Mobile's 3G/4G network and over Wi-Fi.
Optimized for watching videos on the go as well as game play, the Vibrant 4G offers a 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor and 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display for a bright, vivid viewing experience. It's equipped with a 5-megapixel camera with digital zoom and autofocus, and it also captures HD video. Additionally, the Vibrant 4G includes a front-facing camera for video chats over the 4G network and Wi-Fi connections.
This phone is specifically designed for T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which currently covers over 100 major metropolitan areas across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The Vibrant 4G also offers Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
You get a 1 GB internal memory that's complemented by an included 16 GB microSD memory card, and you can upgrade to optional 32 GB microSD cards for even more memory. Other features include ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for location-based services and navigation via Google Maps, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
T-Mobile Entertainment and Content
The Samsung Vibrant 4G Galaxy S smartphone comes preloaded with a variety of unique content and applications that will keep you entertained and productive while on the go.
Pre-loaded with the Oscar-nominated Inception.
- Pre-loaded with Inception. The blockbuster of 2010 starring Leonardo DiCaprio will look awesome on the Super AMOLED display.
- T-Mobile TV. Live and on-demand TV including live news, sports and full-length entertainment, plus on-demand full episodes of your favorite shows. And you get 30 days free of the T-Mobile TV Prime, which includes additional channels of live and on-demand TV, and full episodes of top shows.
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik. With this free video call service, you can start a live two-way video chat to share what's happening with friends and family, or capture all the rich details of the moment in a Video Mail if you can't connect live. Instantly share videos to your social networks, blogs, or other sites. Videos are automatically uploaded to your own online Video Gallery for sharing or safe-keeping.
- Samsung Media Hub. With hundreds of titles available at your fingertips, entertaining yourself or your kids on the go has never been easier. You can rent or purchase your favorite content and within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere (Wi-Fi required for movie downloads).
- Kindle for Android. Lets you shop for hundreds of thousands of books in the Kindle Store, including New York Times Best Sellers and new releases from $9.99. Use Amazon's Whispersync technology to automatically synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, annotations, and more across your various devices--including Kindle, Kindle DX, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android phones.
- Slacker Radio. With millions of songs from thousands of artists, Slacker is the best way to discover new artists and hear your favorite music. Listening to Slacker is as easy as selecting one of over 120 DJ-programmed genre stations or searching for your favorite artist or song.
- doubleTwist with AirSync. Sync and enjoy all of your iTunes playlists, music, photos and videos without wires. Move all of you music to your phone and automatically back up all of your photos and videos you take on your phone to your computer--all possible without that pesky USB cable.
Powered by Android 2.2
The Vibrant 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Vibrant 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with voice-activated search, turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Wi-Fi Sharing allows you to use your phone's 3G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It's compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as headsets and printers. And it includes the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
Design and Hardware
Communications & Internet
The Vibrant 4G weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.8 x 2.5 x 0.4 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.5 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+).What's in the Box
Vibrant 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 16 GB microSD card, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
T-Mobile Network FeaturesHigh-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G/4G Network
This phone is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum, and it can achieve theoretical download speeds of up to 21 Mbps. It's designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of February, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 200 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--cover 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
1. Cheaper and faster: Speed difference from iPhone is obvious with 4G and better processor. T-mobile provides with cheaper plans.
2. Smooth and beautiful Video: I rarely watch TV/movies on a smartphone. This device made me think again. Quality of the movie screen is amazing - smooth and clear. Watching experience is close to laptop. I will enjoy this on flight.
3. Camera: Without considering more resolution, this camera is better than the one in iPhone GS. It is much less sensible for small shaking.
4. Wireless tethering: I didn't really care for tethering with 3G because of its terrible speed. But this device's 4G now and supposed to be 21 Mbps. After rooting, I first installed wireless tethering. And it works like a charm. This portable wifi router does not really make 21 Mbps but 8 Mbps but it's still practical. Think about IPad or Kindle with this phone in my pocket. They are always connected without paying a buck for 3G plan/device.
5. Unlimited expandability: Since it's android OS, unlike iphone, the device is not much restricted to expand. You can virtually install whatever you want.
1. Lack of internal memory: 500MB internal memory is too small to store apps. So after getting this device, you'd better start moving apps into internal 16G SD card. As I will mention about this below, however, not all apps can be moved to SD.
2. Bloated apps: Unnecessary apps occupy in apps screen and some of them also automatically run.Read more ›
I picked up this phone and the first thing you will notice is that it is very light almost too light. The back cover is made of plastic and it feels somewhat cheap in your hand. The screen is made of Gorilla Glass which is a good thing. It lacks stereo speakers opting for a loud but monaural speaker in the back of the phone with a unattractive two slit hole for sound in the back of the phone. In a loud environment this often requires holding the phone cupped in your hand to reflect the sound back out to you.
The screen on this phone is absolutely beautiful. It is a SuperAMOLE 480x800 screen. The colors are rich & vibrant and HD movies or video looks incredible. It really is like watching a pocket version of my 50 inch 1080p HD television. The screen technology also uses less battery so it doesn't have the incredible drain you might expect even in 4 inches of real estate.
The camera is where one of the first major flaws of this phone surface. It is a 5 megapixel camera with NO FLASH. That is completely unacceptable on a phone that is a flagship device (albeit only for a few months) on T-Mobile. The camera does have good low light performance but it will not work if you are on the phone. There also is no way to turn off the GPS if you don't want that information embedded in the metadata of the phone. The interface of the phone is awkward & far too time consuming.Read more ›
Now there have been a few negatives that I have encountered. Sometimes I have a hard time switching over from using the 4G network to wi-fi, since I have horrible service at work and we have a fast wi-fi network. I also have experienced some echoing issues when using this phone at night for some weird reason.
Other than, it's a great phone to have especially if you like to multitask between apps.
My choice was between this and the MyTouch on paper, but I picked the Galaxy up first and let me tell you, there is no comparison, at least in form factor: The Galaxy is ultra-sleek, ultra-thin, polished, absolute love at first sight (not gonna lie -- looks like an iPhone except for the bottom row of buttons. I've never had an iPhone and I wasn't looking for an iClone or anything, but that's the fact). The MyTouch looks like a good phone for a teenager in comparison, i.e. toy-like. No offense to people who love their MyTouch, I'm sure it functions great, but my cerebral gut reaction was won over instantly by the Samsung (another deciding factor was that the Galaxy sports a Gorilla Glass screen, at least from what I read online. That was the one thing the Cliq had going for it -- I used it totally unprotected for probably our last four months together and it never got so much as a scuff on it).
The screen is huge and absolutely gorgeous, bright with deep saturated colors. Call quality is excellent and it takes great pictures despite the lack of a flash -- the phone seems to have a really good white balance that optimizes the light available (though probably won't work miracles in really low light).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This phone is complete garbage. I got it thinking it would be an upgrade from a Motorola Cliq a few years ago. Awful, awful product. Read morePublished on June 14, 2014 by Ryan Hamel
I have had 3 of these phones in one year. Because of my contract, have to keep getting the same phone as replacement.
Battery life sucks ! Read more
I have just purchased this device from tmobile in white frost and it is amazing! Its packed with awesome features and is blazing fast! Speaker and call quality are excellent! Read morePublished on August 13, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Less than a month and the speaker stopped working.Never dropped it or wet it.But has plenty of widgets to keep you entertained.Published on July 26, 2013 by E. A Rivera
This phone sucks. You have to either restart it or force close everything 10x a day. Stupid phone can't even run under the power of it's own stock apps. It's also SLOOOOQW. Read morePublished on June 11, 2013 by S. Novick
Love everything about this phone, except that the Gorilla Glass screen cracked in my pocket. I didn't drop it, and the screen was facing inward, but the screen still cracked :(Published on June 3, 2013 by BigDaddy
It is my first Android phone that replaced HTC HD2 (Win6.5) . Back to 2010, HD2 was flagship smartphone and I paid >$100 with 2 years contract. Read morePublished on November 30, 2012 by river_ice_boy
This phone has made my life hell. Everyday its inability to work makes me angry. After 6 LONG months, dozens of calls with tech support, and the phone being replaced once with... Read morePublished on April 24, 2012 by Amazon Customer
I love this phone but it has some problems. There are some things you can look over, like the battery and the constant pop up of double twist, but when it starts to shut down so... Read morePublished on March 11, 2012 by lilmssassi