Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Samsung Gear VR w/Controller - US Version - Discontinued by Manufacturer
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Go anywhere, do anything, be anyone with virtual reality
- Complete 360 immersion with a wide 101o field of view
- New social features to interact with friends in VR -watch a movie/TV together, play a game or just chat in a virtual world
- Seamless integration w/ Samsung Gear 360 to create your own VR content
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At a glance:
- Be transported to amazing new worlds in VR.
- Intuitive controller to drop, point, select and drag.
- Hundreds of games and experiences from Oculus.
- Compatible Devices: Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+,Galaxy Note5.
Samsung Gear VR with Controller
Explore virtual worlds and travel the globe with Gear VR. With your phone in the headset and the controller in your hand, you can explore virtual reality worlds and get deeper into immersive games.
What's in the box:
- Gear VR headset
- Top headband
- Back headband
- mUSB device holder
- Gear VR controller
- Controller strap
- 2X AAA battery
Immerse yourself in the story with 360° videos and hang out with friends in virtual rooms.
Use the included Gear VR controller to navigate 360° experiences and win battles in virtual worlds.
Powered by Oculus.
Discover an ever-expanding catalogue of VR games, TV shows, films and documentaries on Gear VR. It’s all in the Oculus Store.
Steer in VR Karts, pilot your ship in End Space or battle in multiplayer mode. There are over 600 gaming titles to discover.
Get access to thousands of exclusive 360° experiences and even upload and share your own 360° videos on Samsung VR.
Virtually any Galaxy will work.
Place your Galaxy phone into the Gear VR headset to instantly go anywhere. Most Galaxy phones are compatible.
Compare with similar items
amsung Gear VR transforms virtual reality with a new handheld controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences. Every move, from turning and grabbing to pointing and lifting, is naturally connected from physical to virtual, making it more intuitive and spellbinding than ever before. Flying through the Alps, watching a film with a far-off friend, experiencing a festival across the globe, and employing the superpowers of your game’s character—your world just got infinitely bigger
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Remote and 2 AA batteries
- MicroUSB-to-USBC charging adapter
- MicroUSB and USBC ports (that connect phone to headset)w/ microfiber pouch,
- Owner/instruction manuals!
Very pleased, and arrived on time. Awesome VR for the price, my brother has the $800 HTC VIVE VR System, and at 1/10th the price I was shocked at the image quality, smooth movement and how many free or <$10 apps and games. You can also use the GEAR VR for internet browsing and YouTube including 360° videos which may be the coolest thing about this technology. Phone battery does drain quickly (3600mah S7 EDGE lasts ~2hrs) but having the charger plugged into the headset does slow battery drain and I can possibly get ~4hrs before my phone dies. Great purchase!!!
One issue for me is that my Galaxy S8 is almost too short for it. You have to be careful putting it in or it won't latch it in place. A bit inconvenient because if you put the phone all the way on the connector, and then push to latch the phone at the other end ... the latch misses the phone cause the phone is too short. You have to push t the phone and latch at the same time. If the phone was 1/4 inch longer ... or the latch was, you wouldnt need to worry about this issue.
Really like having all the controls at my fingertips on the headset and the remote. Its great, but a few issues that keep me from rating a 5.
1) Build quality is very solid. The remote is pretty nice too.
2) Fits my head well and is about as comfortable as one would expect.
3) You plug your phone into it, and away you go. It starts up the app when the headset goes "click".
4) You don't need to use the remote for most apps. You can brush your finger across the area on the right side of the goggles to scroll. And there are home and back buttons on top. Even a volume up/down.
1) My remote continuously disconnected my WiFi due to interference. I ended up buying a new access point with a 5Ghz radio, because running 2.4Ghz wireless will drive you insane with the constant WiFi drops!
2) One of my eyes has worse vision than the other. The focus wheel adjusts both sides, so there is no fixing the focus.
3) Occulus makes some pretty good apps. But most apps (including Samsung VR) are still not polished enough to wear one of these for more than five minutes. Want to watch TV laying down? Well ... it's sort of possible.
4) Most apps are not immersive. You are just going to watch things happen around you. Mostly in terrible low quality too. Most apps are not even 3-dimensional. Boo!
5) Has a spot to plug in a USB cable. I thought that was great, because I could charge my phone while using VR. However - no, it doesn't work to charge your phone. It's for an add-on of some sort. So - you can only use this headset as long as your battery will last.
6) The holes to provide ventilation to your face are not large enough. It still gets "steamy in there" and you end up with condensation in the corners of your view (after wearing for a while).
7) Out of the dozens of apps I have tried, there are maybe three that are decent ... and one of them is Netflix!