Samsung Gear VR W/ Controller (US Version with Warranty) - Discontinued by Manufacturer
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Order it now.
- Go anywhere, do anything, be anyone with virtual reality
- Complete 360 immersion with a wide 101o field of view
- New social features to interact with friends in VR -watch a movie/TV together, play a game or just chat in a virtual world
- Seamless integration w/ Samsung Gear 360 to create your own VR content
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
At a glance:
- Be transported to amazing new worlds in VR.
- Intuitive controller to drop, point, select and drag.
- Hundreds of games and experiences from Oculus.
- Compatible Devices: Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+,Galaxy Note5.
Samsung Gear VR with Controller
Explore virtual worlds and travel the globe with Gear VR. With your phone in the headset and the controller in your hand, you can explore virtual reality worlds and get deeper into immersive games.
What's in the box:
- Gear VR headset
- Top headband
- Back headband
- mUSB device holder
- Gear VR controller
- Controller strap
- 2X AAA battery
Immerse yourself in the story with 360° videos and hang out with friends in virtual rooms.
Use the included Gear VR controller to navigate 360° experiences and win battles in virtual worlds.
Powered by Oculus.
Discover an ever-expanding catalogue of VR games, TV shows, films and documentaries on Gear VR. It’s all in the Oculus Store.
Steer in VR Karts, pilot your ship in End Space or battle in multiplayer mode. There are over 600 gaming titles to discover.
Get access to thousands of exclusive 360° experiences and even upload and share your own 360° videos on Samsung VR.
Virtually any Galaxy will work.
Place your Galaxy phone into the Gear VR headset to instantly go anywhere. Most Galaxy phones are compatible.
Compare to similar items
This item Samsung Gear VR W/ Controller (US Version with Warranty) - Discontinued by Manufacturer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Blue Point||Amazon.com||Just Right!||PHOTOTECH||Magic Mobile Partners||A4C Online|
|Color||Black||black||Blue Black||Black||white||Value not found|
|Compatible Devices||Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and later models of the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S series.||Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and later models of the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S series.||—||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6||—||—|
|Item Dimensions||5.31 x 6.06 x 2.01 in||5.24 x 3.82 x 2.36 in||4.09 x 9.33 x 6.71 in||7.95 x 4.58 x 3.65 in||3.6 x 4.6 x 8 in||4.3 x 4.3 x 9.3 in|
|Item Weight||0.76 lb||2.4 ounces||1.25 lbs||1.15 lbs||0.7 lb||1.4 lbs|
amsung Gear VR transforms virtual reality with a new handheld controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences. Every move, from turning and grabbing to pointing and lifting, is naturally connected from physical to virtual, making it more intuitive and spellbinding than ever before. Flying through the Alps, watching a film with a far-off friend, experiencing a festival across the globe, and employing the superpowers of your game’s character—your world just got infinitely bigger
Top customer reviews
1) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2016 model?
- No. Samsung stayed faithful to the design of their previous model of VR and there are no radical changes. It's all plastic design, still a bit bulky, as for me.
2) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2015 model?
- Yes. It's more comfortable, it has a wider field of view, it has a better touchpad, it supports new Samsung phones and overall it has more sense of immersion.
3) What do I think about the new controller?
- I love the new controller, it's a game changer for gear VR not only for the game but also for navigation through the main Iances. It's much easier and comfortable to just use a controller instead of trying to sweat the touchpad on your head. It's definitely worth the money and you should get it if you want to step up the game. And regarding the game and gear just try to drop that with this new controller, you will understand how powerful this little
piece of technology can be. It's a 10 out of 10 product and this is a must have companion for gear VR users.
4)Do I prefer a new gear VR to the Google Daydream?
- Yes, it is an overall better experience, considering the available apps, the controller the headset and the level of comfort.
5) How do I compare gear VR with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PS VR?
- There isn't anything to compare - you can't compare mobile VR to a PC-based or constant-base VR. It's like apples and oranges. The PC based VR or console based VR headsets are built for gaming and they use the power of a PC or console to operate. They are much more expensive.
VR in 2017 is still a raw product and if it wasn't a free pre-order gift, I would probably not buy it. There is still a few games and apps, phones should have at least 4K screen (I can see pixels now). And the whole device looks a bit bulky. I can watch 360 videos in it, and this is the pleasure. But I get a bit nauseous after 15 minutes. It's a nice geeky device, but still, there is a room for improvements.