Samsung Gear VR - Virtual Reality - for Galaxy Note 4 (Certified Refurbished)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look & work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty & may arrive in a generic white or brown box.Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.
- Turn your galaxy note 4 into an unparalleled 3-D 360-degree video-watching or game-playing experience. Oculus and Samsung have pushed the limits of mobile virtual reality technology to make you feel like you are really there, in the experience
- Controls: touch pad, dedicated back button, focus adjustment wheel, volume keys, phone lock key
- Download new applications from the oculus store. Oculus store downloaded at device setup while following on-screen prompts. For more questions on device setup, please reference the inbox user manual
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition model supports Samsung Galaxy Note 4 . It is not compatible with other smartphones or devices. Some gaming apps may require the use of a Bluetooth Android game controller to offer additional game controls. The SD card is NOT included. Apps and Content can be downloaded online.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition model supports Samsung Galaxy Note 4 . It is not compatible with other smartphones or devices. Some gaming apps may require the use of a Bluetooth Android game controller to offer additional game controls. The SD card is NOT included. Apps and Content can be downloaded online.
Top Customer Reviews
Pros: Looks and feels futuristic, responsive touchpad and software, Oculus is what makes this headset stand out from the rest (more on this later...), and lots of free goodies in the app store.
Cons: Mine, and apparently others', didn't come with the SD card. But, all the content is available to download so it's not an issue. FOG is the only real problem with this. I've tried defogging spray but really it just needs airflow, so I'd consider it a design flaw. The other drawback is that the headset automatically starts Oculus when you plug in the phone.** This means you can't access anything from the home screen and can't play apps that you've downloaded from Google Play; they have to be from the Oculus store.
**A way to hack this is to turn the dongle up before putting in the phone in so that it doesn't actually plug in and just holds the phone in. Just make sure you start your app before doing this because you won't be able to control the phone once it's in.
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
-Orion Trail VR
-Quake VR (requires a third party app to download)
-The Blu VR
That being said, this thing is (1) awesome and (2) not quite there yet. The main thing is that the apparent pixel size to the eye is a throwback to 1990 --- you'd really like the pixels to be substantially smaller, at least 4x smaller in linear scale. The headset is a little heavy, with the phone hung out a couple inches in front of your nose. The motion of the image with head motion was quite good. If you want a preview of things to come for not too much money, and you have a Note 4, this is a fun toy.
If you haven't used this, I can honestly say that while it may not be as immersive as more expensive forthcoming PC models, it does provide enough immersion for beginners and a pretty darn convincing theater experience. You will need headphones (earbuds work better) and a swivel chair with some leg room all around. Oh, and you may want to keep your charging cord handy. If you have motion sickness (like me) you need not worry too much. There are plenty of 360 apps that will not be bothersome at all.