Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Samsung Gear VR W/Controller - Latest Edition (US Version with Warranty)
|Price:||$98.48 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$31.51 (24%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Complete 360 immersion with a wide 101o field of view
- New social features to interact with friends in vr -watch a movie/TV together, play a game or just chat in a virtual world
- Seamless integration with Samsung gear 360 to create your own VR content
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images
- Use the intuitive controller that comes in the box to drop, point, select and drag with a wave of your wrist
- Hundreds of games and experiences from Oculus
- Compatible Devices: Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5
Samsung Gear VR w/ Controller
Make your world bigger
Samsung Gear VR transforms virtual reality with a new handheld controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences. Every move, from turning and grabbing to pointing and lifting, is naturally connected from physical to virtual, making it more intuitive and spellbinding than ever before. Flying through the Alps, watching a film with a far-off friend, experiencing a festival across the globe, and employing the superpowers of your game’s character—your world just got infinitely bigger.
Whats in the Box:
- Gear VR headset
- Top headband
- Back headband
- mUSB device holder
- Gear VR controller
- Controller strap
- 2x AAA battery
With a new Gear VR controller that’s right in the box, you can explore, game, and navigate with organic movements. Drop, point, lift, and move with total agility, and browse menus with more natural responsiveness.
Jump straight into the action of your favorite game and start throwing, steering, and aiming with the new incredibly responsive handheld controller. Fresh titles — like A Night Sky and End Space, plus multiplayer adventures — are added all the time.
Explore thousands of exciting 360˚experiences from the Samsung VR premium video service. Lose yourself in street festivals around the world, snag front-row seats to a concert, or kayak through a protected rainforest. Plus, when you create stories of your own on Gear 360, you can upload and share them on Samsung VR.
Let your imagination take hold
Place your Galaxy S8 into the Gear VR headset to explore multidimensional worlds in virtual reality. Travel the planet, play games, and watch content with organic, intuitive responses through the handheld controller.
amsung Gear VR transforms virtual reality with a new handheld controller that seamlessly responds to organic, human movements in virtual experiences. Every move, from turning and grabbing to pointing and lifting, is naturally connected from physical to virtual, making it more intuitive and spellbinding than ever before. Flying through the Alps, watching a film with a far-off friend, experiencing a festival across the globe, and employing the superpowers of your game’s character—your world just got infinitely bigger
Top customer reviews
1) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2016 model?
- No. Samsung stayed faithful to the design of their previous model of VR and there are no radical changes. It's all plastic design, still a bit bulky, as for me.
2) Should you upgrade your Gear VR if you have 2015 model?
- Yes. It's more comfortable, it has a wider field of view, it has a better touchpad, it supports new Samsung phones and overall it has more sense of immersion.
3) What do I think about the new controller?
- I love the new controller, it's a game changer for gear VR not only for the game but also for navigation through the main Iances. It's much easier and comfortable to just use a controller instead of trying to sweat the touchpad on your head. It's definitely worth the money and you should get it if you want to step up the game. And regarding the game and gear just try to drop that with this new controller, you will understand how powerful this little
piece of technology can be. It's a 10 out of 10 product and this is a must have companion for gear VR users.
4)Do I prefer a new gear VR to the Google Daydream?
- Yes, it is an overall better experience, considering the available apps, the controller the headset and the level of comfort.
5) How do I compare gear VR with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PS VR?
- There isn't anything to compare - you can't compare mobile VR to a PC-based or constant-base VR. It's like apples and oranges. The PC based VR or console based VR headsets are built for gaming and they use the power of a PC or console to operate. They are much more expensive.
VR in 2017 is still a raw product and if it wasn't a free pre-order gift, I would probably not buy it. There is still a few games and apps, phones should have at least 4K screen (I can see pixels now). And the whole device looks a bit bulky. I can watch 360 videos in it, and this is the pleasure. But I get a bit nauseous after 15 minutes. It's a nice geeky device, but still, there is a room for improvements.
Issues with the pointer of controller not aiming where I want it to and sometimes problems with syncing the controller.
Overheats relatively quickly so one would have to stop midway in a movie to allow the device to cool down. This can be very bothersome.
Screen door effect still very noticeable on S8and S8+.