Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Samsung Gear VR - Virtual Reality Headset” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Samsung Gear VR - Virtual Reality Headset
|Price:||$87.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$12.99 (13%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Light weight so you can play and watch more comfortably
- Easy to use touch pad
- wide field of view, precise head-tracking and low latency brings reality to the virtual, Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images, Thousands of 360 degree panoramic photos
- Compatible with: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 edge,Note5,S6 edge+,S6,S6 edge
- Improved fit, including room for most eyeglasses and improved padding for extra comfort and durability
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 4.58 inches, 7.95 inches, 3.65 inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
From the Manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Be transported to amazing new worlds, in games, video and images
- Thousands of 360 degree panoramic photos
- Improved easy to use touch controls
- Games and applications available from the Oculus VR app store
Samsung Gear VR
Amazing Virtual Reality Anywhere
Mobile virtual reality is finally here. With the Samsung Gear VR, you can play amazing games, watch Hollywood’s best movies in your own private cinema (or even on the moon!), socialize with friends new and old, be at the center of a suspense thriller, and so much more. The Gear VR drops you right into the action—and it’s only from Samsung & Oculus.
The next generation of Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, has been upgraded with new and improved features:
- Lighter weight so you can play and watch more comfortably
- Improved fit, including room for most eyeglasses and improved padding for extra comfort and durability
- An upgraded touch pad that’s even easier to use
Compatible with more phones (software update from your carrier required for S6 edge+ and Note5)
- Galaxy Note5
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+
- Galaxy S7, S7 edge
There are amazing new things to do in Gear VR. Try hundreds of games, apps and experiences.
Samsung Milk VR
Bringing you amazing 360° virtual adventures, Samsung Milk VR is video like you’ve never seen. You are literally surrounded by the action. Amazing tours around the world, some of the world’s coolest cars, celebrities, musical performances and documentaries. There’s always something new in Milk VR.
Best of Hollywood Entertainment
Buy and watch hundreds of Hollywood movies & TV shows in Oculus Cinema. In Oculus Video, watch 2D videos including trailers, clips, and your own movie files in a completely new way. You can choose from multiple VR theater environments including a home theater, a huge screen theater, and even the surface of the moon!
And Much, Much More
Enjoy incredible premium games for purchase such as Eve: Gunjack and Land’s End
- Play 20 arcade classics in Oculus Arcade
- Stream over 1 million short films and videos on Vimeo
- Keep up with the best gamers in Twitch
- Enjoy amazing new 360° videos daily on Samsung Milk VR
The Jurassic World: Apatosaurus VR Experience allows the viewer for the first time to see what it feels like to be in the presence and close proximity of a living dinosaur and to experience a sense of connection with it - with the mixture of awe, striking beauty and danger that this implies.
2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Galaxy, Note, Gear, Samsung Milk VR and Super AMOLED are all trademarks owned or registered by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other company names, product names, and marks mentioned are property of their respective owners and may be registered trademarks. Screen images simulated. Actual appearance may vary.
Use only in a safe environment. The Gear VR produces a distracting, immersive virtual reality experience that blocks your view of your actual surroundings. Read and follow warnings and instructions included with the Headset before use. The Headset should be calibrated before each use. Not for use by children under 13. A virtual reality experience may trigger health reactions. See a doctor before use if you have a history of seizures. Stop use if you experience a health reaction. Always be aware of your surroundings when using the Gear VR. Remain seated or stationary at all times. Take special care to ensure that you are not near other people, objects, stairs, balconies, windows, furniture, or other items that you can bump into or knock down when using – or immediately after using – the Gear VR headset. Do not handle sharp or otherwise dangerous objects while using the Gear VR. Never wear the Gear VR in situations that require attention, such as walking, bicycling, or driving.
Some apps and services may require payment or subscriptions to use. Netflix streaming membership required. Charges may apply.
Top Customer Reviews
I Pre-ordered mine for Best Buy. I use it with my International, unlocked, Galaxy Note 5, 64GB model. I mention this because after I ordered I saw the phone would require a carrier update, since my phone is carrier free, I wasn't sure if this would be a problem. Its not. My Note 5 detected the Gear VR and installed the needed software. Set up was easy and painless. Some of the things I've done with it.
I took a trip through our solar system in an experience called Titans of Space. It made it feel like you were in a little ship, flying up to each planet and some of their moons. The information panel or hud, gives information on each(Planet,Moons, Stars), then sped you through space to the next planet. I'd look up and see space and stars, turn around in my real sit to see part of my virtual chair, look down I could see the controls, and out the windows more space and whatever planet I was near. I am a sucker for space and this just blew my mind. After the tour of our sun, it started showing other suns in scale so that you could see how much larger it was over our sun. I saw a blue sun in the Orion system, another red sun that was so large, if dropped where our sun is, it would reach close to Saturn. And of course the demo in this part of the tour was to give you a sense of scale. I was completely immersed and it made me see just how much potential this tech has. Something like this for learning and retention beats a text book and teacher lectures any day.Read more ›
1. Overheating - It will run on my Galaxy S6 Edge for maybe 10min with video before it overheats. This makes it very tough to enjoy with friends out of the box.
2. Most of the games can not be played because there it does not come with a controller. It is hard to even find the Samsung controller. I have purchased four games that I was excited to play and still have not been able to play them. I have tried the PS4 controller, but it does not work.
3. The sensor that detects if the device is being worn also makes it very tough to let little people watch or use the device. It will shut off when removed and requires the new wearer to press a button. As you are not wearing it, and can't see what the wearer is seeing, it is tough to let them use it.
HOWEVER, This thing is amazing. For the cost of a family of four to see a movie with drinks and a popcorn (wow, that use to be about $10!), you get to experience whole new worlds. Even the pictures of foreign and local places are amazing! I love watching my little ones reach around to touch things that aren't there or watching friends jump while watching horror videos.
Below are some workarounds to the issues above
1. Build a cooling unit. I have some images of what I built for about $20. This fan is dead silent and keeps my phone cooler than it normally is in my pocket (~70'F).
2. Controllers are available, I just haven't ordered one yet. I hear the Moga controllers work well.
3. Put a piece of tape over the sensor. It will then stay on so that the device can be shared with other less capable people.
NOTE: I’ve paid for these goggles. They were not a freebie in return for a review (unfortunately). Although if someone wants to send me some free ones they are more than welcome ;)
First some background. I’m a military pilot. I have 20/20 vision and have never required any vision correction. My vision gets tested annually. I also don’t suffer from motion sickness. I only mention this now, not to brag, but it will become pertinent later when I bring up a couple of things I’ve learnt about myself from operating with Night Vision Goggles (NVG’s). I’m also not an optometrist/ophthalmologist so hopefully my opinions are close to correct.
I’m using my goggles with a Galaxy S7 Edge (no screen protector – as instructed by the goggles instructions).
First the good stuff…
- The Oculus app, and store (that come included – and are indeed required) is great. The Oculus app is it’s own ecosystem of apps… and all other apps are launched from WITHIN the Oculus app. It looks professional and sets the tone for a great VR experience. It’s your very first look into the VR world, and as soon as you put the goggles on you know you are in for something special. Oculus have done a great job and Samsung has done well to pair with them.
- A good number of the apps you can access for free, through the Oculus store, are pretty impressive even just simply accessing their main menu screens. They really leverage the VR experience.
(1) The download and installation of the REQUIRED Oculus app is fully automatic once you connect your phone. The setup is really easy so don’t stress if you are concerned about a big setup process.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Better then I expected no headaches just great viewing, and games. I advise a Stell Stratus XL, Bluetooh Wieless controller....aswesone.Published 1 hour ago by Katherine Popovici
Loved this, really take you to a whole different echelon when it comes to games and movie watching.Published 1 hour ago by Max3o5
I love everything about my VR gear and I mean EVERYTHING..M..Published 5 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Great VR headset, but WTH?!? It was sent with a book of instructions printed in only one language-- Hebrew.Published 7 hours ago by John Kaiser
For me resolution of picture is definitely not enough. You should not be able easily to distinguish pixels like you can do with this gear. Read more
The product it's self is grate just wish there was more to do on it.Published 1 day ago by Shaun Brear