Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Samsung HMX-Q10 HD Camcorder Ultra Compact with 10..." and save 56% off the $284.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Samsung HMX-Q10 HD Camcorder Ultra Compact with 10x Optical Zoom (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3.0-inch Touch Panel LCD Display
- 10x Optical Zoom / 20x Digital Zoom
- 1080p HD Video Output
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Compatible
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||6.73 x 18.54 x 7.44 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD, SDHC|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||1.05 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||hausbell||Amazon.com||Focus Camera||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||2.7 in||2.7 in||2.7 in|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd||1920*1080P(FHD)/30FPS,1280*720/60FPS,1280*720/30FPS||—||1080p_hd||other||720p|
Ultra compact full HD cam with Extreme Easiness
From the Manufacturer
Shoot high-definition video from either hand using the Samsung Q10 SwitchGrip Full HD Camcorder. With the SwitchGrip design, you can turn the Samsung Q10 upside down and switch hands without worrying about missing any of the action. BSI CMOS technology dramatically reduces image noise and distortion, while the OIS Duo function compensates for even the slightest hand or body movements. Other features include one-button operation, an intuitive Smart Touch 3.0 touchscreen interface, and 10x optical zoom.
Innovative SwitchGrip function lets you operate the camcorder with either hand. View larger.
Travel without the hassle of batteries -- simply connect to your computer's USB port to recharge. View larger.
The Samsung Q10 features a SwitchGrip function, giving you the flexibility to hold the camcorder in either hand. The built-in G-magnetic sensor quickly recognizes when the camcorder and its LCD display are turned and which hand is holding the camcorder.
As a result, you can hold the Q10 with whichever hand is more comfortable or gives you the best vantage point.
Features one-touch easy operation. View larger.
The Samsung Q10 comes with an intuitive Smart Touch 3.0 display with the same drag-and-scroll functionality found in smartphones and other mobile devices. For the Q10, Samsung eliminated many confusing or unnecessary buttons, thus streamlining operation. You can turn it on simply by flipping open the LCD screen. Twisting and opening the screen automatically sets the camcorder to playback mode.
CMOS Sensor for Optimal Video Quality
With its advanced BSI CMOS technology, the Samsung Q10 dramatically reduces image noise and distortion and enhances recording quality during low-light conditions--whether you're at a birthday party in a dimly lit restaurant or at home recording your child's first steps.
Steady Videos with Optical Image Stabilizer
The Samsung Q10 comes equipped with Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) Duo, a feature that allows the camcorder to automatically compensate for even the slightest hand or body movements, resulting in steadier videos. What's more, the OIS is able to maximize the stabilizing area while minimizing shaking, so you can take crisp videos every time, even while you're walking or moving around.
Recharging Made Easy Using USB
With the Samsung Q10, you can travel without the hassle of carrying around a cumbersome charger or an extra set of batteries. Simply connect the camcorder to a computer's USB port, turn on the computer, and your camcorder will begin recharging.
Product and Warranty Information
The Samsung Q10 is equipped with a 10x optical zoom lens and a 20x digital zoom lens. It measures 2.1 by 1.7 by 4.7 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 0.4 pounds.
The Samsung Q10 is backed by a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor.
What's in the Box
Camcorder, battery, A/C power adapter, Audio/Video cable, USB cable, User Manual CD, and quick start guide.
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- EXTREMELY easy to use (press button, set your zoom)
- overall, "FOR THE PRICE POINT, and only for general HDTV motion picture recording," (not still photography) it's better than most in this price range
- I was glad to have it on a recent trip to Alaska - it is awesomely portable - easy to use even while "zip lining"
- surprisingly decent motion picture quality (720P works fine for most and was what we used for most of our trip)
- stabilization worked! extreme zoom closeup though still requires supporting the camera (hand holding the camera while zoomed all the way in, esp. in the digital zoom area requires support to get a stable picture - I viewed this a reasonable - The optical zoom was pretty stable with reasonable care in hand supporting the camera)
- I really liked the built in lens cover
- AS with MOST SAMSUNG products in my opinion, the unit is EXTREMELY well designed as far as the "human interface" (We own/have a lot of SAMSUNG products/appliances, etc.)
- I won't even try to review all the different video modes - (I guess I'll call them "designer modes") - I'm most interested in, and have a use for, the time lapse mode but haven't tried it yet
Con . . .
- forget using the camera for MOST "QUALITY" still photography - It DOES work, but it has some odd pixelation in my opinion
- detail suffers in most types landscape still photos - portrait may be OK for many users
- forget rapid focusing, esp. in lower light levels - it's simply sluggish - it was "good enough" in bright sunlight
- I ended up turning off the "switch grip" feature - many test recordings ended up flipped upside down - I can only assume SAMSUNG will upgrade the firmware at some point, but it was definitely a problem on my camera
- In this price point I still buy this camera again - It's just too handy - It takes "decent" HD video and was reliable other than the "switch grip" feature which I disabled (that feature had issues on my camera - others have reported the same issue)
It dose the job very well for amatures. If you're a pro camera man then look at some other camera.
It has a PAUSE button. The other cheap digital camera/camcorders I looked at didn't have this feature.
It comes packed with goodies like, art filters, auto and manual modes, 20x digial zoom and 10x optical zoom.
Cons: I can't think of any.
This camera makes doing stop motion animation A LOT easier. Just use the pause button instead of shooting each frame individually!!
Here's a short clip I shot. Mind you, this is my very first attempt at stop motion animation. I need to practice more. The clip dose look slightly choppy.
If you can't see the video,look me up on Youtube! 9Tailsfan I posted a video there.
It's really small and light weight, but to be honest it looks cheap and made of a not so rich looking plastic. The tripod socket it metal for strength, a good thing and the screen is just OK. So I'm thinking, this got 4 Stars?
Well I charged up the battery and inserted the new 16 GB Class 10 flash card I bought for it. Even though I live in downtown Los Angeles, I have a rather large backyard with a Koi pond, cats, trees... Plenty of things to film. I did a ten minute video with shade, bright sun, large buildings in the distance to test the zoom, and...
Well this little guy gets 5 stars... Why??? The video was amazing, clear, really clear... I set it at 720x60 with the OIS on and everything else on Auto. The zoom was smooth, whether fast or slow... The mic picked up the water rushing in the Koi pond and my voice loud and clear. It went from bight sun to shade with ease and the color was great, not over done, but true to life. I got the video into my Acer with Windows 7 using a card reader. Wow!
The mystery was solved... Samsung spent all the money on the inside, it takes great video and I suppose that is what it's all about anyway. Don't judge a book by its cover, I said to myself.