Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 88 reviews
on October 4, 2013
Jan 2014 Update:
For a period of time the video drop outs seemed to have been less frequent, but with the most recent patch (1019.3) they are back with a vengeance. I have never been able to play DVDs reliably, and now even Blu-Ray discs are having issues. I contacted Samsung support, and after their very brief list of troubleshooting steps I am supposed to send them the unit. The cost for sending them the unit is about $120.00! That is not to even mention that I will be without my home theater for who knows how long.

I have verified the issue is with the Samsung unit by connecting another player via HDMI, and successfully playing discs with issues on Samsung.

Sound from the system is nice (not 7.1 as advertised), but the video capabilities are dismal.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND LOOK AT DISCRETE COMPONENTS.

I have been experiencing video dropouts, and have by a process of elimination been able to determine it is this unit. I see that others have been experiencing the same thing. I will try reaching out to support, but do not hold high hopes for this.

Simply put I think this unit tries to be too many things, and quality is the sacrifice.

I regret not spending the time and effort to get the individual components versus the shortcut of an integrated unit. Honestly though I was tired of researching just to procure my projection system, but that worked out beautifully.
on February 25, 2017
only a couple of years I've had this unit.... sound is not perfect...3d movies are fun to watch though. Suddenly it continuously shuts itself off and on. even while not using it....I can come downstairs it will be going on and off. it's I've kept all the updates on it and keep it dusted, I've reset it and all else I have read to do to it. for the price it could have lasted longer than this. Very very disappointed. all the of my TV's are Samsung, my phone's, and this piece of crap has made me decide to quit buying anymore Samsung.
on October 6, 2015
I have owned this piece of crap for three years now. it worked great for a year and half then it needed software updates so i updated it and updated it and updater it. Then I called Samsung because every new movie was unreadable so they said update the software and when you tell them the software version they tell you that it's the latest version. Then why can't it read over half of my dvd's ,blue rays or new 3d, it doesn't even read old movies. So anyone who wants a $800.00 piece of crap go ahead and buy one. I also switches to din input every time you turn it on doesn't stay on dvd or HDMI settings, also a Samsung way of programming according to the Samsung reps. Good job if you want to piss off your customers.
on April 11, 2014
Love the sound, easy to set up and integrate with my Samsung tv. I am not a real sound fanatic but it more than fits my needs. The only problem is the length of the speaker wires. If your room is more than ten by ten, it is going to be a problem getting the spreakers where you want them. The speakers have special connection ends so they cannot be replaced with longer wires and after a couple of phone calls, I learned Samsung doesn't offer any type of solution. I had to splice in more wire which I know isn't right but had no choice. Samsung really needs to address this.
on November 8, 2013
I didn't unpack this until recently. I set it up to try out the sound, played portions of a Harry Potter Blu-Ray disc, was amazed briefly at the great sound. When I ejected the disc, I could no longer use the contraption. Regardless of what I do, I get a "Please close the tray." message. The tray open/close button no longer works. Resetting doesn't work.

The Samsung Web site is designed to frustrate you so you go away. I've tried about 8 times to submit a repair request; it never works. I tried email and "Live Chat"...completely useless.

$845.87 down the drain? I'm about to raise a ruckus with Amazon, then the BBB.
on September 17, 2017
Total piece of garbage.
Great for a time and now the 3d stopped working then started working again and now it keeps saying Protection Shut Off. Blah, Blah, Blah.
Everything I have Is Samsung and now it will not be.
And the really big thing that is kinda of shady is the fact that you can't hookup another 3D player do it is because of the stupid input connections that force you to buy more of their B.S. stuff.

Save your money.
on January 26, 2014
I bought this system to match my Samsung 50 inch LED Smart TV. The wireless connection for the system failed almost immediately and was unfixable. After less than 1.5 years of very light use the video function for the Blu-Ray stopped working. It started getting static, cutting in and out, then quit altogether. For the price you would think it would work a little better. Spend your money on a better quality or cheaper system.
on December 3, 2012
This thing is a pretty good deal and looks great in my place. Sound is full and rich but it does have a passive subwoofer so it could be fuller but bass is still strong enough to fill a fair sized condo living room. Some humming comes across the speakers from time to time when it is turned on and not receiving a signal. I cant say much for its smarthub as I use the smarthub on my tv most often. The two work very well together save that you have to select input components everytime you start it as they seem to 'forget' that I had anynet+ device connected on hdmi1 for satelite tv.... grrrr but thats about it on the irritation. wireless speakers come in crisp and clear and it sets itself up in a snap using a speaker you place in front of you to measure the distance for optimal surround (just during setup.)

My only real complaint about this device is allshare. When I first recieved this unit it worked great because you could search through libraries on any device and even select playlists to play over the home network... and then came allshare which sucks. Yes you can play songs and videos still but you have additionals steps getting to it both from the HTIB and on your PC or other device AND worst of all you have to rebuild your playlists once again completely from scratch... couldn't be more counter-intuitive in this regard.
on July 16, 2014
The system is easy to set up and very stylish looking. We are not audiophiles, so we couldn't tell you about the fine nuances in order to be able to tell the minute qualities of one surround sound system from another. But suffice it to say, it sounds great for our purposes. The sound is so realistic that sounds of airplanes, car chases, or the booms and crashes of action movies, scares one of our dogs and he leaves the room. Our other dog barks at the TV when she hears cars, animal sounds, doorbells, or phones ringing from the surround sound, which she does not do when she hears the same sounds from our upstairs TV that doesn't have surround sound. We like the product; it gives us a theatrical experience.
on April 26, 2013
like the title says i am a huge fan of this product. it was super easy to set up. synced quickly to my sony tv. the sound outpout is nice and strong, with a good kick in the bass department. tones are very clear if you remember to install the calibration mic before initial setup.

a few of the things i do not like is the input system, when swapping from the tv, over to hdmi 1 you have to swap through the other inputs first. i wish it would automatically skip those functions with nothing plugged into them. and the load time from one input to another can be a tad bit slow for my liking.