- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung HW-E550 2.1 Channel 310-Watt Sound bar (Old Version)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Matches with 46-inch TVs
- Wall mount included
- Remote control included
- 3D Sound Plus
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
3D Sound Plus
3D sound for your 3D viewing environment. Samsung's sound processing technology combines its latest advancements in sound, 3D depth, and vertical and horizontal surround to deliver a more realistic 3D experience.
Multiple Configuration Options
This model can be configured as either a traditional speaker setup, or as a sound bar, for both TV stand and wall-mount applications.
Connect to other Bluetooth devices.
HDMI Audio Return Channel
Eliminate the need to use two cable connections. Instead, all you need is one HDMI connection between your sound bar and TV. Audio will be sent between your TV and sound bar (from connected external devices) using the same HDMI cable.
|Weight and Dimensions|
|Dimensions (WxHxD):||42.8 x 2.2 x 2.2 Inches|
|Model||HW-E550 / HW-E551||HW-E450||HW-E350|
|Sound Bar Size||46-Inch Sound Bar||40-Inch Sound Bar||32-Inch Sound Bar|
|Power||310 Watts, 2.1 Channel||280 Watts, 2.1 Channel||120 Watts, 2.1 Channel|
|Subwoofer||Wireless Active Subwoofer||Wireless Subwoofer||Built-in Subwoofer|
|3D Sound Plus|
|HDMI Audio Return Channel|
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
TV: Samsung UN46C7000 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV
Cost: $359 on sale at Sears
Room Size: 12ft X 12ft
The picture on my TV is fantastic but I've been dealing with sub-par sound for almost a year and a half. The two small rear facing speakers that I have on my TV are about 1/2 inch from the wall and they sound terrible. It was time to do something about the crappy sound I was receiving.
I wanted to stick with the Samsung product line and wanted something that would be near the size of my 46" TV so I picked up the HW-E550 Sound Bar. The price was pretty good ($359 @ Sears), I didn't want to run wires and my room isn't very large. A better sound system (5.1+) would have been a waste in my opinion as I sit against the back wall in the small room.
When I returned home with my new sound system I promptly opened the box and laid out the contents. I discovered there was some "extra" stuff because I wanted to wall mount the system not shelf or stand mount it. After figuring out what I need and what to put back into the box I got started on the assembly of the system.
While putting together the sound bar I discovered a few things.
1 - The only wire that comes out of the Sound Bar is the power cable. There are no extra wires to connect to the Sound Bar. The sound bar should be pre synced with the subwoofer, if it isn't you'll need to press the ID Set button on the back of the sub woofer.
2 - When screwing the 4-6 small screws into the back bracket of the sound bar make sure to stand the bar up on end or screw on a level hard surface. Do not do this on a bed or sofa as you may damage the connection point of the sound bar.Read more ›
- great sound quality, of course
- no wires running all over my living room
- wireless connectivity to play music from my ipad ( air play or bluetooth)
- more recent model, preferably 2012 one
- hdmi or optical connectivity
- seamless integration with my tv and switch between dish network cable programming, netflix, vudu apps without additional buttons to press
- look elegant and match my new 46" led tv
- reasonably sized subwoofer (not like the ugly Bose ones)
I did a lot of research, looked at compact home theater systems and sound bars, including Bose cinemate, Energy Power Bar elite, Polk audio, Boston accoistic sound bars, and other stanadard Sony, LG ones, and finally settled on this.
- meets all my requirements listed above (this was in fact the only system that did)
- as a bonus, I could split the sound bar into two separate towers with attached base- looks awesome
- sound bar remote automatically operates my Samsung tv- another bonus feature
- expected Samsung to provide better instructions to asemble. Took quite a while for me to figure out the optimal connectivity. Bluetooth connection with my ipad was easy and I could wirelessly listen to my Pandora staions immediately. But for seamless integration with Tv, I figured out after some google searches that I should use the HDMI-ARC port in my TV. ARC stands for Audio Return Cable.
- unit turns off with my tv when using my tv remote, but does not turn on. Have to use the sound bar remote to turn it on.
Overall I am pleased with the functionality, sound quality and the looks, and would highly recommend this product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My son bought this for his new Samsung TV he absolutely loves and loves the sound quality he said it's one of his best purchases yet. Read morePublished on March 12, 2014 by CyberGypsy
Huge difference between TV speakers and the sound bar. One minor irritation- I set it for HDMI 1 or 2 and it switches to digital. After 2 false switching, it runs stable. Read morePublished on February 8, 2014 by Shel-esq
i bought the used one, it arrived very quickly and i understand i wasnt going to get the control which i bought already but didnt get the power supply to the speakers. Read morePublished on January 4, 2014 by Liza Cruz Estevez
We purchased a new smart tv and the sound on them is like listening to a tin can. We purchased the speakers and what a difference. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by Chris L. Martin
I got this as a display model at the Big Box store. It came with no remote or instruction, and was scratched, but I love how it sounded - Plus I got a nice discount. Read morePublished on December 15, 2013 by JorgeLR1
Why spend all this money on a single sound bar that has to be wired to the TV when you can get this one--that can be split into two separate speakers and positioned away from the... Read morePublished on September 18, 2013 by bobline
This is a great product! So great I have recommended to my friends and family.... they have all thanked me for the suggestion. I had an expensive 6 speaker system. Read morePublished on September 17, 2013 by Gerald
I've been looking for a SoundBar recently. I picked up the HW-E550 because I was getting an incredible deal at my job. Read morePublished on August 23, 2013 by Ricardo Thousand