Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on August 12, 2012
I was looking for compact home theaters for a really long time. My requirements were the following:
- great sound quality, of course
- no wires running all over my living room
- wireless connectivity to play music from my ipad ( air play or bluetooth)
- more recent model, preferably 2012 one
- hdmi or optical connectivity
- seamless integration with my tv and switch between dish network cable programming, netflix, vudu apps without additional buttons to press
- look elegant and match my new 46" led tv
- reasonably sized subwoofer (not like the ugly Bose ones)

I did a lot of research, looked at compact home theater systems and sound bars, including Bose cinemate, Energy Power Bar elite, Polk audio, Boston accoistic sound bars, and other stanadard Sony, LG ones, and finally settled on this.

Pros:
- meets all my requirements listed above (this was in fact the only system that did)
- as a bonus, I could split the sound bar into two separate towers with attached base- looks awesome
- sound bar remote automatically operates my Samsung tv- another bonus feature

Cons:
- expected Samsung to provide better instructions to asemble. Took quite a while for me to figure out the optimal connectivity. Bluetooth connection with my ipad was easy and I could wirelessly listen to my Pandora staions immediately. But for seamless integration with Tv, I figured out after some google searches that I should use the HDMI-ARC port in my TV. ARC stands for Audio Return Cable.
- unit turns off with my tv when using my tv remote, but does not turn on. Have to use the sound bar remote to turn it on.

Overall I am pleased with the functionality, sound quality and the looks, and would highly recommend this product.
on May 23, 2013
I love the look of the sound bar and the sub-woofer. I bought this system after reading the reviews thinking I'd have a different experience, turns out I was wrong.

The Good:

The system looks great, it has LED display behind the speaker grill that I think just looks awesome. The can be split into to two separate speakers or can be connect together to rest on you TV stand or it can be easily be mounted on a wall. When you change the controls by remote a light displays on the right side of the speaker to let you know that a command was recognized, a very nice touch. The subwoofer's shape looks good and it has a nice piano black finish to boot. The remote has very simple layout and can control Samsung branded TVs. The sound quality is decent in my opinion, it's clear and the bass is solid and not overpowering.

The Bad:

The design, I have to say wasn't fleshed out enough. All of the ports and I mean all are on the subwoofer which requires an outlet. Which causes the subwoofer to stay very close to your TV. Is it wireless, Yes, that's if you go all bluetooth! As for that, the bluetooth feature didn't work well across all my devices that well. With my iPhone it worked perfectly, my iPad not so good for some reason, and with my PC it was unplayable. Basically the signal or connection would constantly drop in and out causes the audio to skip heavily or disconnect. The speaker itself also requires an outlet, if you want to split the speaker in two you will have to run a speaker cable. between the two which is very tacky looking. Also, bluetooth aside, the audio had syncing issues from using my digital optical cable which is pretty much my preference of audio cable. I discovered the same issue with the HDMI passthrough connection. After tinking around a bit, I found that the best solution was to use a audio cable, the one that are used for PC speakers or headphones to hookup to this device. That's the only way to get a solid performance from it.
on March 5, 2013
When I first got this, I loved it!

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't replace a REAL surround system, but if you have an HDTV, odds are the built-in speakers are tiny and horrible. I know they are on my tv (purchased at the same time as the soundbar, Samsung PN64E7000). So having this to produce real sound was a big step up.

Well, for the first month, it worked well. There were some issues, with the soundbar turning on on HDMI input 2 (my cable box, plugged in to the second HDMI port of the soundbar), then switching to TV ARC (output from the tv), and making me manually switch it back to HDMI-2, but I rewired my components so the cable box was plugged into the tv, and the soundbar was always on TV ARC - problem solved!

Until the ARC (audio return channel) stopped working.

Samsung sent someone out to replace the main board in the tv, I tried multiple brand new HDMI cables (all which supported ARC), nothing worked, so the technician concluded it was the soundbar.

I contacted Samsung and was told I'd need to pay to send it back to them for repairs.

This happened just a few days after amazon's 30 day return policy ended.

As a result of this failure, the inputs on my tv are useless unless I want to use the tv speakers to listen.

Disappointing product, disappointing warranty service, just all around disappointing.
on December 15, 2013
I got this as a display model at the Big Box store. It came with no remote or instruction, and was scratched, but I love how it sounded - Plus I got a nice discount. HOWEVER, I found it here at Amazon Warehouse Deals for less money - AND- it came as new (original packaging and everything).

1st, let's get this out of the way: it is not surround. Who expects true surround out of a sound bar? Plus, my room is asymmetrical anyway.

This thing is fantastic. I love when people come over and can't believe the crisp sound (and deep bass). I have it set up with my 50inch Panasonic Viera Plasma. This bar compliments it perfectly. The sound is on par with the TV's great picture, and the styling/aesthetics match it too. I would give 6 stars if it were possible.

Almost forgot, it has ARC. This allows me to plug my components in the TV, and use only 1 HDMI cable to connect to the soundbar. I then use only the TV remote (ARC enables the TV to control the soundbar).
on June 7, 2013
The poor rating for this sound bar and subwoofer doesn't come because from lack of power. This unit definitely provides plenty of punch and power. However, if you are someone who is use to having a full 5.1 surround sound system you will probably be dissatisfied. The surround sound modeling features this product offers do not come close to replicating a full room of speakers. The really poor rating comes from the fact that the system is not wireless as described. The main sound bar when connected as one needs no speaker wire. But if you plan on separating the bar into two speakers utilizing the provided speaker stands, then you must connect them together with the provided speaker wire. Yes, the sub is wireless from the sound bar. But all devices (such as blu ray/dvd players, television, video game system) must be plugged into the sub woofer as it houses all of the connections for the system. This completely defeats the purpose of having a wireless sub and also makes it much more difficult to connect everything for sound. Overall, the system is very stylish and looks great. It has plenty of power, but lacks in sound quality and practicality.
on May 17, 2013
Sound is OK. I can't believe that I can't control the volume with my Samsung TV control! The remote that comes with the sound bar can do minor functions on the Samsung tv. Samsung support told me I MUST use the HDMI inputs to the sound bar to use the TV remote. Sorry Samsung, I have other inputs, including two HDMI along with analog inputs. I have the optical out of the TV going to the sound bar which would mean all audio could be routed to the sound bar, but I can't use the TV remote. My son has the same TV and he bought a Yamaha sound bar and lo and behold, his Samsung remote controls the Yamaha yet a Samsung TV remote cannot control a Samsung sound bar? I feel I wasted $400 bucks. Now I need to find a different sound bar.
on February 21, 2013
I was looking at the other sound bars but decided on this one because it showed you could split the speakers versus having one long sound bar, which was better for my living room. This system works very well with my Samsung TV. I would say the remote could be much better designed and integrated into other Samsung device but I was buying a sound system not a fancy remote. This system puts out good deal of bass and has a compact size. It says wireless sub but that seems a bit misleading as all of the connections plug into the sub and the speakers are wireless.
on November 18, 2012
The sound is good. I thought that the sub-woofer was wireless, but it needs to be wired and the sound bar is wireless, except for the power cord. I bought this to work with my Samsung LED TV and Samsung BluRay player. But the Anynet feature on the Samsung devices does not work correctly with this sound bar. It will turn off fine when I turn the TV off, but when I turn the TV on, I must use the sound bar control to turn the sound bar on. Then it does not stay on the HDMI input, so I must change that each time too. So it is mostly good, but not perfect.
on September 18, 2013
Why spend all this money on a single sound bar that has to be wired to the TV when you can get this one--that can be split into two separate speakers and positioned away from the TV within 25 ft. You won't get true surround sound but you will get the next best thing and won't have to bother with cables everywhere. There are other benefits if you use it with your 2 year old or less Samsung TV such as being able to use your TV remote for volume control and having it go off when you turn off your TV.
Have to turn it on though.
on January 4, 2014
i bought the used one, it arrived very quickly and i understand i wasnt going to get the control which i bought already but didnt get the power supply to the speakers. this was stated as i bought the device from you guys. i wont be putting another star until i get a response and my power cord.!!!

update 1/3/14 : i emailed the seller and no response as of yet. will be giving another day if not, i will be returning it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.