Top positive review
17 people found this helpful
Great home theater speakers with all the essential features
on August 12, 2012
I was looking for compact home theaters for a really long time. My requirements were the following:
- great sound quality, of course
- no wires running all over my living room
- wireless connectivity to play music from my ipad ( air play or bluetooth)
- more recent model, preferably 2012 one
- hdmi or optical connectivity
- seamless integration with my tv and switch between dish network cable programming, netflix, vudu apps without additional buttons to press
- look elegant and match my new 46" led tv
- reasonably sized subwoofer (not like the ugly Bose ones)
I did a lot of research, looked at compact home theater systems and sound bars, including Bose cinemate, Energy Power Bar elite, Polk audio, Boston accoistic sound bars, and other stanadard Sony, LG ones, and finally settled on this.
- meets all my requirements listed above (this was in fact the only system that did)
- as a bonus, I could split the sound bar into two separate towers with attached base- looks awesome
- sound bar remote automatically operates my Samsung tv- another bonus feature
- expected Samsung to provide better instructions to asemble. Took quite a while for me to figure out the optimal connectivity. Bluetooth connection with my ipad was easy and I could wirelessly listen to my Pandora staions immediately. But for seamless integration with Tv, I figured out after some google searches that I should use the HDMI-ARC port in my TV. ARC stands for Audio Return Cable.
- unit turns off with my tv when using my tv remote, but does not turn on. Have to use the sound bar remote to turn it on.
Overall I am pleased with the functionality, sound quality and the looks, and would highly recommend this product.