Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 16, 2014
If you are looking for a low cost upgrade for your flat screen tv-- this is it. Sounds almost as good as my big system on the media room.
on September 26, 2013
I bought this for use with my new Samsung HDTV. I have it hooked up using an Amazon Basics optical (Toslink) cable. (The cable is excellent, I'm reviewing that next). My main issue is that, at least when playing music, the speakers simply don't compare to my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Granted I bought this set for my TV, not really for music,so it's alright and it's in a slightly slimmer form factor. The sound quality isn't bad it's just that when $150 speakers sound worse than $100 speakers It's hard to justify. If you don't mind the form factor the Klipsch Speakers are excellent, however they lack an optical port. I'm happy with my purchase, I was able to get the unit to turn on / off with my TV which is great. I use my HTC One as my remote so I was able to set it to change the sound-bar volume not the TV volume. The one minor annoyance is that I can't use my remote app to toggle though the inputs and I can't find a button to do that on the remote. You can choose a specific input but can't toggle through all of them. I've also been using the Bluetooth with my phone and it works very well. Overall I give it 4 stars.
on June 28, 2014
I bought this to replace a big 5.1 home theatre system that I got many years ago when I had a much larger home, and that is simply overkill for my smaller apartment that is now home. And I could not be more pleased. Although my Samsung HDTV has unusually good sound built in, this sound bar blows that away. Less directionality than the 5.1 system, yet much more rich and vibrant than the t-v audio. There are several equalization curves that tweak to compliment the particular program content. I particularly like "news" while watching, well news of course, and "cinema" for movies and much of scripted t-v. Cinema curve gives a bit more separation and introduces some very subtle reverb that makes for a very pleasing experience. It took only about 5 minutes to set up, and that's because I am slow. A slight negative: the inputs on the back are located such that they may be difficult to use. That may be made a bit worse by my being an old guy with arthritis in my hands. But I got it and all is well. Be sure to use optical input rather than any analog input if you possibly can. And the price makes it a real bargain and contributes to be being one very happy guy.
on July 23, 2015
Nice and decent sound bar - which I am using it along with my MacPro desktop. I am not a music buff to listen all the time, but use it watching Youtube videos or making Facetime calls or watching TV. Yes I have this sound system to Mac as well as to TV Receiver as well. Sound is great and have a splitter with a remote to easy change.
The only problem I had with it was the use of Samsung 4K TV where the mirophone/head phone jack never produce sound and hence had to go with dual-line optics and which worked for me. I did contact Samsung and they mentioned me to use the small micro 2.5mm connector and despite connecting to Samsung 4K TV I still could not get sound. Just using the optical cable to get the Audio and works great expect for switching via the RF with a remote.
on September 11, 2013
If you own a Samsung TV and live in an apartment this is the perfect sound enhancement for your TV. I would recommend getting the optical cable as it provides the best interface with the TV. Setup was extremely easy. My TV is on a stand and the sound bar looks great sitting in front, I placed the sub-woofer directly across from where I usually sit to watch TV.

I have a fairly large living room area but the sound quality was outstanding; the sub-woofer actually made me jump a couple of times.

The Bluetooth connection to my phone was easy as well. I can watch TV, play music and read all at the same time.

The remote works for the TV also but does not have the functionality of the TV remote. I just use it to adjust the volume and or change over to Bluetooth.

It’s loud enough to give the effect of surround sound but without disturbing your neighbors.

I would highly recommend this product; you definitely get the best bang for your buck.
on March 28, 2014
The design is really sleek, gotta give Samsung credit for their designs. the y have seriously upped their game. Sound quality ain't gonna blow your mind but its decent for the price point definitely amplifies the the sound of my Samsung TV, Bluetooth is a delight, I got the Samsung ego system thing going (TV, Tablet,Computer,Phone,Printer e.t.c) so this comes in handy can play my music from any point in my house. Still haven't figured out how the sync between TV and sound bar, still turn on independent of each other but I guess that's an inconvenience I could certainly live with. All in all a good system and at a reasonable price.
on June 8, 2015
A great barhain at this price point--definite improvement over the small native speakers in my 2012 Samsung LED TV, and easy setup. There's a setting you toggle on using the soundbar remote called 'powershare' or something similar: if you do this, and connect TV to soundbar with a digital audio optical cable, the soundbar will turn on whenver you turn on the TV and it detects an audio signal, no need to use both remotes for this, and it will 'auto off' after 20 minutes of no input, so it doesn't complicate watching TV. This is not a surround sound home theater, but it does what it says it will do--improve the audio part of your TV watching. I haven't tried the blue-tooth connection since that's not why I bought it, Build quality seems good--I would definitely buy again.
on November 25, 2014
Quick to setup—read the directions, not just the quick start guide. Also, I took other's advice and pre purchased the optical cable to connect to the TV. About 15 minutes of setup and movies sound like movies again. Dramatic difference in sound vs plain TV speakers.

The box it arrives in is pretty big, but the soundbar's footprint is minimal. If you're looking for a low cost sound bar that has a wired subwoofer, this is the one. Lastly, there's a dimmer function for the LED display on the front. Definitely set that one to dim. You'll barely need to anything other than volume or mute once you've set it up for your viewing area.
on September 26, 2014
I had read the reviews and thought that it would be acceptable for use to amplify a television in a large room that was placed in an entertainment center. The reviews stated the sound quality was excellent, I found it to be mostly average. It compares to the sound produced by my 55" RCA television except with additional bass. To be frank, it sounds like a set of speakers I got for my computer that cost $25.00 from Fred Meyers while in college.... 8 years ago. It amplifies the sound, it works as it's supposed to, and for $100 I perhaps shouldn't complain, but boy the way it was hyped up I thought it would be better than the headphones they provide on Airline flights.
on December 26, 2014
Samsung is a great quality brand. I got a deal on this sound bar on Black Friday this year and I am not disappointed. You get what you pay for and I got more than what I expected. The sound is excellent. I like how I can connect any of my mobile devices and use my playlist to play music. The Sub-woofer gives off just enough bass.

I haven't figured out away to use it without using the Blu-ray player yet but, I think I'll need the optic cable which is why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I plan to purchase a Samsung LED TV which as a feature that allows easy wireless connection.

It's a great buy and I think you will be happy with this product as well. Don't forget to visit the Samsung website to register your product and download the software updates on a thumb drive to transfer to your new sound bar once you install it.