Samsung Infuse 4G Android Phone (AT&T)
|Display Size||4.5 Inches|
|Memory Storage Capacity||16 GB|
About this item
- Ultra-fast, 4G-enabled smartphone running Android 2.2 with 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display
- 1.2 GHz processor; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (with optional Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot service); GPS for navigation and location services
- 8-MP camera; HD 720p camcorder; front-facing video chat camera; Bluetooth stereo music; 16 GB memory plus microSD expansion; corporate and personal e-mail
- Up to 8.8 hours of talk time, up to 400 hours (16+ days) of standby time; released in May, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo headset, USB cable, MHL adapter for HDMI output, quick start guide
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The unlocked Infuse 4G is Samsung's thinnest Smartphone at just 8.99 mm (0.35") at its thinnest, so it's easy to slip into a purse or pocket. You'll have access to over 150,000 Android apps, allowing you total freedom to create your own customized collection of apps to fit your individual lifestyle.
To a Smartphone, the screen is critical. The Infuse 4G gives you the largest touch screen on any Samsung phone. Samsung screens have a reputation for brilliant color, and the Infuse 4G's 4.5" Super AMOLED Plus screen exhibits our latest innovations. The screen gives you a full spectrum of rich, vivid color with high color contrast, for an incredible cinematic experience. The screen's amazing luminance allows you to easily read the display even in daylight. With its brilliant color and thin design, the Infuse 4G is fantastic for social messaging, outstanding browsing and entertainment on the go.
With the Infuse 4G, you're only seconds away from being able to watch hit movies and TV shows from Samsung Media Hub. It's your best entertainment experience on the go in a handheld device. And there is a 2GB microSD card that comes pre-loaded with this summer's hottest movie trailers. With the brilliant color and sound, videos and TV shows come to life. Once you choose a movie or show to watch, the content can be shared with up to four other devices.
8.0 MP Rear-Facing Camera with LED FLASH & 1.3 MP Front-Facing Camera. The Infuse 4G has an incredible 8.0 Megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and auto-focus. It shoots 720p HD video with incredible detail! Now you can send stunning photos and videos to friends, and have high quality images to share with your social network. There is also a 1.3 Megapixel front-facing camera for video chats.
J&R USA 30-Day Warranty Features may vary per selected service carrier May not include English manual. Online Download available from phone manufactur
Redefining the premium multimedia experience via the thinnest, biggest, and brightest smartphone yet from Samsung, the Infuse 4G connects to AT&T's ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network and features a brilliant 4.5-inch screen with next-generation Super AMOLED Plus technology. Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor and the Android 2.2 platform, the Infuse 4G also comes pre-loaded with a version of Angry Birds with an exclusive hidden level plus a $25 credit to download movie content from Samsung Media Hub (available to the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold).
Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with the Samsung Infuse 4G (view larger).
AT&T's JustUs app (view larger).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan).
Ultra-thin and packed with an 8-MP camera with HD 720p video capture (view larger).
The Infuse 4G includes an 8-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots HD 720p video with incredible detail, and a front facing camera is perfect for self portraits or video chat. With Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, you'll be able to connect to home and office networks using the latest technology for super speedy downloads.
Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 16 GB internal memory, an included 2 GB microSD memory card, wide compatibility with music and video files, HTML web browser with support for Adobe Flash, access to personal and corporate e-mail, HDMI connectivity (via microUSB port), and up to 8.8 hours of talk time.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Infuse 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account. And the first 500,000 Infuse 4G units sold will include a $25 voucher for consumers to get started on downloading content from Media Hub.
In collaboration with Rovio, the Infuse 4G is pre-loaded with a special edition of Angry Birds. Players can unlock a special "Golden Egg" level of the game, and once the special level is completed, you can register to win Samsung prizes exclusive to Infuse 4G users.
The Infuse 4G is also compatible with the U-verse Mobile and U-verse Live TV services (additional charges applicable). Additionally, the included 2 GB microSD card with preloaded trailers for upcoming summer movies.
Keep tabs on the people that matter most in your life with AT&T's JustUs app for Android. The app combines both social media and text activity from five favorite contacts into an animated wallpaper that appear right on your home screen (see example). You'll see messages, photos and updates from your friends' Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can download the app for free via the Android Market.
The Samsung Infuse 4G weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 5.15 x 2.77 x 0.36 inches. Its 1750 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.8 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900/2100 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Infuse 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo headset, USB cable, MHL adapter for HDMI output, quick start guide
Communications & Internet
Android Operating System
The Infuse 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Infuse 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Infuse 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Yes
- Product Dimensions : 5.15 x 2.77 x 0.36 inches; 4.9 Ounces
- Item model number : Infuse
- Department : Cellular Phones
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Date First Available : May 10, 2011
- Manufacturer : Samsung
- ASIN : B00505S2RI
Best Sellers Rank:
#380,783 in Cell Phones & Accessories (See Top 100 in Cell Phones & Accessories)
- #1,398 in Carrier Cell Phones
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I purchased my Infuse about two months ago and I am thoroughly impressed and satisfied with it. Yes, it is slightly older technology (only a single core processor and half a Gig of RAM). However, when I compared it to more expensive phones, the extra speed you get from the two cores is not worth the extra money you pay.
Here is why I like my Infuse so much:
1. It is stable. I have had no freezes and it really performs brilliantly.
2. The camera is excellent!
3. It upgraded to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread about a week after I bought it. No glitches and no headaches. (I bought it knowing it had 2.2 and may never get 2.3.6 so this was a HUGE plus).
4. It has a clear and bright 4.5 inch screen that makes it actually usable. (I don't think I'll ever get anything smaller than this, this is what makes it useful and realistically a do everything device).
Now here is what I have done to my phone to dial it in just right:
1. Went to the Android Market and downloaded Go Launcher and went with its default theme. This makes a huge difference in the performance of the phone.
2. I didn't go app crazy and indiscriminately download all kinds of crap to my phone. I shopped carefully and test drove a lot of apps, dumped a lot, and finally, kept the ones I found worthy. Read before you download folks!
3. I don't run a bunch of goofy widgets on my phone, actually just one, the Go Weather widget and it updates only when I check it. You have to realize if you have all this stuff (widgets & such) running it's going to use all your RAM (memory) and your performance will degrade and you'll be saying, "Bad Phone! Horrible Phone!" Also, skip the live wallpapers, they're pretty but they drain battery.
4. Skip the App and Task Killers and Battery Defenders and all that. Why? a) They take up system resources (memory and battery) and b) You can use the stock Task Manager or one that is embedded in the apps screen with Go Launcher (turn it on in Settings). This phone has a half a gig of memory and it runs pretty well with it, but after a long session of browsing, checking my calendar, making a few notes and doing other stuff, I'll just go in and with two taps the running apps and process are all cleared. (You have to remember to reboot it once in a while too - but how tough is that?)
The battery is a little weak on this phone but it is sufficient. I do everything I want: make calls, surf the web, take pictures, use Maps, use my calendar, play a couple of low key games, etc. I don't set my screen on auto bright, I just keep it at about 60%, which is plenty. The phone will tell you when to unplug it from charging, don't. Let it charge overnight. Do some research on battery conditioning.
The GPS is solid, the Data and WIFI are easy and reliable, the speeds are great most of the time and I am just really impressed with the device.
Two final points.
1. Get a decent case (I have a Ballistic SG two piece case. Yes, it adds some bulk but it also adds a lot of protection. (You can skip the screen protectors, it has Corning Gorilla Glass and you don't need them).
2. Life Tip: Don't reduce your life to a 4.5 inch screen or 3.5 or whatever you wind up with. Life is the people and world around you. Don't pull your phone out and stare at it every idle moment. Connect with people, make eye contact, smile, take in the world around you, use all your senses. Don't reduce the world and your life to a phone.
It's a great phone / mini-computer. I highly recommend it! Ciao!