Give the gift of the Samsung LN22C500 LCD HDTV, and turn on the wonder of Full HD 1080p picture quality. The 22-inch screen brings it all to life, while the Wide Color Enhancer brings both color and contrast into sharper focus, across the spectrum, for the clearest picture possible. And with the ConnectShare Movie feature, you can instantly watch movies, check out video clips or view pictures - simply hook up a thumb drive or digital camera to the LN22C500 and enjoy. It's advanced technology, all wrapped up in the perfect HDTV present.
A great choice for smaller rooms or for entertaining the kids, Samsung's 22-Inch LN22C500 LCD HDTV provides a Full 1080p high-definition resolution, vivid color details with a 30,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer technology for a more natural rendering of colors. Additionally, with the ConnectShare Movie feature, you can instantly watch movies, check out video clips or view pictures--simply hook up a thumb drive or digital camera. Plus, it's Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
The 22-inch Samsung LN22C500.
More brilliant colors with Wide Color Enhancer.
- 21.5-inch screen size
- Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) provides powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity.
30,000:1 dynamic contrast.
- 30,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio delivers an improved picture with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between
- Built-in digital tuner
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers more brilliant colors by expanding the gamut of color expression into a third axis, creating a 3D diagram of luminance. This creates a dynamic display of on-screen color and allows traditionally weak colors, such as green and blue, to look vivid and deep. In addition, red colors are enhanced to provide strong colors across the spectrum and the perfect balance of RGB.
- HDMI connection for uncompressed video and surround sound audio over a single cable.
- Two 3-watt stereo speakers for 6 watts of total power.
- ConnectShare Movie connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. A user-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist, and pictures via the remote.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Wall mountable (VESA 100 x 100 pattern)
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- HDMI: 1
- Component: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- TV with stand: 21.7 x 16.7 x 8.5 inches (WxHxD); 13 pounds
- TV without stand: 21.7 x 14.7 x 2.8 inches (WxHxD); 9.9 pounds
What's in the Box
Samsung HDTV, remote control (with batteries), stand, power cord, operating instructions.
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5