- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN26C450 26-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert wall mount your TV at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your wall mounted TV is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Make the move to the smoothest LCD action ever. Samsung's LN26C450 LCD HDTV offers incredible color and rich clarity, all on a 26-inch screen. Add the power of Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer, for a picture that optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors and lifelike action. Samsung HDTVs are also ENERGY STAR compliant, helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money.
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 450 HDTV boosts your viewing experience in all sorts of ways, starting with a Wide Color Enhancer that delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images and intense detail. A convenient ConnectShare JPEG input makes it easy to connect your MP3 player or digital camera to your HDTV. Add to that 2 HDMI inputs, and you’re able to connect to your home theater. Just a few more ways Samsung brings all your entertainment together with ease.
- Screen Size: 26 inches
- ConnectShare JPEG: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LCD Energy Efficient, up to 30% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 5 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- 3 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
2 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 side
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 25.5 x 17.0 x 3.0 inches (WxHxD); 13.7 pounds
- TV with stand: 25.5 x 18.8 x 8.7 inches (WxHxD); 15.0 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top Customer Reviews
OK, onto the review.
The hardest part with the setup is attaching the stand and inserting the batteries in the remote. The first time you turn it on it goes into setup mode. Answer a few questions and it starts to scan for channels.
The menus are easy to use. Well organized and displayed. You may need to keep the manual handy for descriptions of some of the options but experimenting is fun.
Audio- this is a TV, TV's aren't known for their great speakers. At first the audio was very low. After playing with the audio setup a bit I was able to set the options to my liking. You can even set the sound mode with one button on the remote while you're watching something and avoid going into the detailed menus. The "Clear Voice" mode is a godsend for me (I'm 61 and my hearing isn't what it used to be). I could immediately tell the difference when I selected that mode.
Picture- Very good for a set this size and price. I have two other HD televisions (a 52" Sharp 1080p LCD and a 42" Panasonic 720p Plasma) and this TV is as good. I've watched some basketball games and haven't noticed any screen-door effect with fast motion. SD and HD channels come in clear (I have Cox Cable and I'm not using a HDTV box). The 'Screen Fit' option only works if you have a source connected via HDMI (and maybe component-I'm not sure). That option will adjust a SD show to fit the screen without stretching it. If you aren't using, for example, a cable box you'll either have to set the TV to 4:3 or suffer with odd looking stretched SD content. If you pick up HD channels without a cablebox (I get the local channels that way) the picture automatically adjusts to 16:9.
Remote- The remote is quite large (roughly 9-1/2 long x 2-1/2 wide)and isn't illuminated. It has big keys, fits your hand nicely and is easy to use.
Overall- Very happy with this TV. I bought it on Amazon for $399 which is a great deal (the lesser featured LN26C350 was only $20 less).
I researched this purchase for months, plowing through Consumer Reports, PC World, and various online forums. I was a bit concerned about the 720p resolution as opposed to the 1080i gold standard. However, the consensus of opinion was that for LCDs smaller than 32" there is virtually no discernible difference in clarity. My experience seems to bear this out: I see no difference in sharpness of image between my 720p 26" and my Dad's 1080i 36".
In addition, the audio quality/strength is superb. A major caveat for the "smaller" sets was the weak audio output, in some cases requiring external speakers. This is absolutely not the case with this unit. With the cable STB volume set to 25 of 31, I never have the TV volume above 50 of 100.
So far I've hooked up a cable STB (via HDMI), a DVD player (component video/audio), a VCR (yes, that's a VCR; composite video/audio), a USB thumb drive, and an external Seagate hard drive to the TV and all these devices play seamlessly. I'm not crazy about the snake's pit of cables behind the unit, but until some gearhead invents wireless devices, that appears to be the price one must pay for connecting all these devices to a single output unit.
And then there's Amazon - in more than 10 years of activity, I have never had any issues with their services. Bravo, Amazon.
The bottom line is that I am one extremely happy penny-pincher and will probably relent and purchase a second unit for the living room. Hmmmm....should I spring for a larger unit....?
Another nice feature is the ability to easily upgrade the TV's firmware with a simple download online. I did this as soon as I received the unit, as a newer version of the firmware was available.
large when viewed in a moderate size room. Unfortunately many stations
reduce the picture in all ways: top an bottom, sideways, all around, and that makes
it too small.
The only way is to use the "Picture Size" control, but this makes people
too fat, or at the nezt zoom it loses info at top an bottom of screen,
particularly when used with a cable box.
When used with a digital antenna only, the picture size is good and the
definition is quite good, but digital antennas can break down the signal.