- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN26C450 26-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2 Components & PC input
- 3 HDMI (ver 1.3), HDMI-CEC
- Wide Color Enhancer
- 5Wx2 audio output
- ConnectShare Movie
- ConnectShareTM Movie
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 450 HDTV boosts your viewing experience in all sorts of ways, starting with a Wide Color Enhancer that delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images and intense detail. A convenient ConnectShare JPEG input makes it easy to connect your MP3 player or digital camera to your HDTV. Add to that 2 HDMI inputs, and you’re able to connect to your home theater. Just a few more ways Samsung brings all your entertainment together with ease.
- Screen Size: 26 inches
- ConnectShare JPEG: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LCD Energy Efficient, up to 30% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 5 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- 3 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
2 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 side
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 25.5 x 17.0 x 3.0 inches (WxHxD); 13.7 pounds
- TV with stand: 25.5 x 18.8 x 8.7 inches (WxHxD); 15.0 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
OK, onto the review.
The hardest part with the setup is attaching the stand and inserting the batteries in the remote. The first time you turn it on it goes into setup mode. Answer a few questions and it starts to scan for channels.
The menus are easy to use. Well organized and displayed. You may need to keep the manual handy for descriptions of some of the options but experimenting is fun.
Audio- this is a TV, TV's aren't known for their great speakers. At first the audio was very low. After playing with the audio setup a bit I was able to set the options to my liking. You can even set the sound mode with one button on the remote while you're watching something and avoid going into the detailed menus. The "Clear Voice" mode is a godsend for me (I'm 61 and my hearing isn't what it used to be). I could immediately tell the difference when I selected that mode.
Picture- Very good for a set this size and price. I have two other HD televisions (a 52" Sharp 1080p LCD and a 42" Panasonic 720p Plasma) and this TV is as good. I've watched some basketball games and haven't noticed any screen-door effect with fast motion. SD and HD channels come in clear (I have Cox Cable and I'm not using a HDTV box). The 'Screen Fit' option only works if you have a source connected via HDMI (and maybe component-I'm not sure). That option will adjust a SD show to fit the screen without stretching it. If you aren't using, for example, a cable box you'll either have to set the TV to 4:3 or suffer with odd looking stretched SD content.Read more ›
This is a great looking TV and the reddish horizontal line at the bottom is subtle. It is sleek and the controls are almost invisible when you are looking at the TV from a front point of view. In fact the power button is discreet to a fault as we turn the power on via the power button on the TV - not the remote - it's on the side and you can't see it so you have to "feel" for the power button. Now maybe in a brighter room this wouldn't be a problem but our TV sits inside of an amoire. The picture is beautiful and clear and of course especially on the HDTV channels. The sound is excellent (I think earlier versions of this TV had sound quality complaints). The setup process was not as easy as expected as we had to spend some time on the phone with Comcast to get things correctly set up and subsequently had to get a new box for all the HDTV channels.
Would definetly recommend this Samsung HDTV.
-Deepest black levels I've seen on a 26" or 32" LCD TV.
-Perfect backlight uniformity on mine; no flashlighting or backlight bleed.
-Good color accuracy on the warm1 setting.
-Plays xvid encoded avi files off of usb flash drives.
-Noticeable ghosting during motion.
-Game mode is grayed out when connected to my computer through HDMI.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this TV in September 2013, and, as of March 2016, it's toast! The picture is defunct. Samsungs have a good reputation but this particular model is the pits. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Susan E Rohde
I've had this TV for years now and I've had no issues with it. Love it.Published on August 1, 2014 by Mark
I bought this product and out of the box it did not work. I sent it to Samsung as recommended and they repaired was called a manufactor defect. Read morePublished on May 23, 2012 by William G. Ponder, Jr
Again Samsung came through with a great picture and awful sound. This could have been a five star set if they had engineered a decent audio system.Published on March 14, 2012 by Don
Great tv for the price. I was looking for a medium sized tv for our bedroom and it was perfect. Good picture and sound.Published on November 20, 2011 by ilangston
this was my first HD and it was a great buy, easy to put together and big enough screen for the small corner of my sitting room. Delivered to my door and works great.Published on August 15, 2011 by D. McIntyre
I have owned a Sony, Vizo and now a Samsung, By far the samsung has the best picture. Loved it so much i just bought another one. I highly recommend this tv.Published on June 29, 2011 by Edward N.