- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN37B650 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 37-inch LCD HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible and red Touch of Color design
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz for amazingly fluid motion, 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 4ms response time, Wide Color Enhancer 3 for more vivid colors
- InfoLink RSS feeds of news, weather and sports via Ethernet; side-mounted USB port for displaying JPEG/MPEG files and listening to MP3 audio
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 2 component, 2 composite, 1 PC, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 36.5 x 26.3 x 10 inches with stand; 10-watt x 2 bottom mounted speakers
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: LN37B650
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 37 inches
- Total Video Out Ports: 1
From the Manufacturer
With the Samsung 37-inch LN37B650 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with a 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology for a more natural rendering of colors. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. This B650 series HDTV combines an ultra-fast 4ms (millisecond) response time with Samsung's Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology, which utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate helps ensure crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games and movies.
The stylish Samsung LN37B650 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
In addition to this 37-inch model, the Samsung B650 series also includes the 1080p 32-inch LN32B650, 40-inch LN40B650, 46-inch LN46B650, and 55-inch LN55B650 as well as the 720p 19-inch LN19B650 and 22-inch LN22B650. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 37 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Blazing fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs. (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power)
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- InfoLink: Get free RSS feeds of news, weather and sports right to your HDTV with a built-in Ethernet port (Learn more)
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side). Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- USB 2.0: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- RS232C: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV without stand: 36.5 x 24 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 29.5 pounds
- TV with stand: 36.5 x 26.3 x 10 inches (WxHxD); 38.1 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. Samsung's 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms (milliseconds). |
|This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle' image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next. |
|The NTSC (National Television Systems Committee) has established the color standards all TVs in America try to meet. And typical LCD TVs only meet about 72 percent of this standard. Samsung LCD HDTVs use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlights to give you 92 percent coverage of the NTSC standard, ensuring truer, more breathlessly vivid colors. |
Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology delivers more brilliant colors by expanding the gamut of color expression into a third axis, creating a 3D diagram of luminance. This creates a dynamic display of on-screen color and allows traditionally weak colors, such as green and blue, to look vivid and deep. In addition, red colors are enhanced to provide strong colors across the spectrum and the perfect balance of RGB.
|100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio will give you a picture better than you ever thought possible, with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between. As two of the most important determining factors in overall picture quality, contrast and brightness levels achieve new heights in this latest generation LCD panel. Samsung's new LCD TV's give the most stunning realistic picture quality ever.|
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates these TV's slim bezels.|
|Up-to-the-minute access to weather, news, sports and stock information is just a cable and a click away through the HDTV's Ethernet port and new InfoLink RSS service. An all-new user interface with digital contents management guide provides intuitive navigation and access to both internal and external content.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I saw the Samsung LN37B650 at a local electronics store (for $300 more than the price on Amazon) and side-by-side it looked head and shoulders above all the other 37" LCD's in the store. After doing more research online and comparing specs, I decided upon this TV.
Amazon delivered to my home in Los Angeles in 5 business days through a delivery company called "Pilot". The delivery arrived exactly within the appointment window I scheduled with Pilot, and the box and merchandise were in perfect condition.
I connected the TV to my HD cable box with an HDMI cable. HD picture quality is immaculate. I never could see the picture quality in SD at the local store, so I was surprised and thrilled to see that in SD the picture is every bit as good as my reliable CRT that this TV replaced. The SD picture on my 50" Sony KDS-50A2000 does not compare to the excellent SD picture on the Samsung.
My only complaint is the lack of a printed manual. At these prices, Samsung shouldn't have gone cheap by neglecting to add a paper manual. Having to review the manual on the TV is a pain.
I could've spent ½ the price on a cheap 37" LCD, but would've hated the picture. I think in this case, the saying "you get what you pay for" holds true. I am glad that I spent more to get what may be the best possible picture quality in a 37" LCD TV.
The irony is that while it looks great in many instances, it can generate artifacts in fast paced sporting events (though most of the time this is fine). Also, if you watch movies, the film tends to look like a soap opera video quality until this is switched Off (eliminating the motion blur makes the image really clear and strangely too much like video).
You can set this Off but it is nested under three menus and I cannot seem to save this setting. Very annoying when it kicks in during a movie. This setting does not appear to save correctly so I find I have to switch it Off as a go back and forth between HDMI sources. I am hoping a firmware fix can correct this in the future.
Some other annoyances:
*lack of headphone jack (you will need to get an adapter)
*if you want to use the "buttons" on the set itself, they are solid state and hard to find on the surface of the TV
*no physical manual; digital copy on USB key that is included
*excellent picture quality (when the correct settings are chosen)
*lots of ports
*nicely designed frame
Overall, I am very pleased and would definately recommend this set to a friend. I was locked into a 37" maximum screen size because of my wall cabinet. There seems to be less choice and independent reviews on this screen size but I did find an independent website specializing in only 37" and it highly recommended this set over the Panasonic Vierea which was the 2nd choice after it's review and also over the Sony. I opted for the 120Hz over the 60Hz even tho it was more expensive because I figure that I will be keeping this as my main set for quite a few years and wanted to get the best currently available. I haven't yet addressed the issue of headphones for this set but have seen other reviews commenting on lack of a specially designated earphone jack. Will advise my experience on this after I've gotten into it. Overall -- top notch!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It not big enough to be considered a big TV, nor small enough to be considered small. It pretends to be a smart TV, but its content is limited to the Samsung Infolink RSS feeds,... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Sam-I-Am
The system sets itself up. Great picture. Easy to set up. The only minor issue is the delay in the HD channels, however, could be due to Cable company.Published on October 12, 2010 by Some thoughts
I purchased this TV 15 months ago. Picture was nice. Audio was OK, not great. Controls easy to use. TV lasted 15 months. Read morePublished on September 21, 2010 by Carl F. Reiners
I finally upgraded from a 12 yr old 26" CRT that needed a converter to receive the OTA signal.
What I like:
Great picture ( Actors must hate these new HD TV's, you can... Read more
Very good TV have been using it for about 4 months now, Video Games look amazing, along with any HD content. Read morePublished on March 24, 2010 by Christopher A. Mori
So I hadh been looking for a new tv sincee October 2009 and originally I had an idea for a 32 in at around 500. Read morePublished on March 3, 2010 by Edgar Jose Leon
Bought this TV two weeks ago and could not be happier; numerous variable settings allow you to set your perfect picture. Will not repeat all the good things everyone else has said. Read morePublished on February 5, 2010 by MikeyLikesIt
I was very impressed initially with this TV. Great picture, easy to set up and reasonable sound for use in my bedroom. Read morePublished on January 31, 2010 by Willy T