- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN40B550 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color (2009 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 40-inch LCD HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible and red Touch of Color design
- 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 6ms response time, Wide Color Enhancer 2 for more vivid colors
- Game mode speeds up image processing response; side-mounted USB port for displaying JPEG/MPEG files and listening to MP3 audio
- Inputs: 4 HDMI-CEC, 2 component, 1 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 38.7 x 26.6 x 10 inches with stand
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||Unavailable||Add to cart to see price. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$259.99||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Video & Audio Center||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||No||USB||HDMI||Built-in-Wi-Fi||radio frequency, usb, hdmi||Built-in Wi-Fi|
|Screen Size||40 in||40 in||32 in||32 in||40 in||40 in|
|Item Dimensions||38.7 x 3.1 x 24.7 in||9 x 36.1 x 23.3 in||3.1 x 17.2 x 29.2 in||5.9 x 29.3 x 18.2 in||7.8 x 36.3 x 23.4 in||11.3 x 36.1 x 23.5 in|
|Item Weight||32.8 lbs||16.8 lbs||8.4 lbs||10.1 lbs||13.9 lbs||19.2 lbs|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz||60 Hz||60 Hz||60 Hz||—||120 hertz|
|Total HDMI Ports||—||2||2||1||—||3|
Samsung 40" 1080p LCD HDTV Step up to the power of Full HD on a 40" LCD screen, with Samsung’s LN40B550. The amazing1080p resolution is the highest available today. With WideColor Enhancer, your HDTV renders the most crisp vivid tones in every frame for the most realistic picture quality. Black tones and shadows are strikingly superb thanks to the 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. The attractive Touch of Color design features a red accent at the bezel’s edge and will light up any room. The ultimate HD experience awaits! Specifications 40” TFT active matrix LCD display Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Dynamic contrast ratio: 70,000:1 Response time: 6ms Tuner: NTSC, ATSC, QAM Signal capabilities: 1080p Picture options: Game mode, On-screen menu, Touch of Color (ToC) Speakers: Two 10W SRS TruSurround HD Stereo Speakers Progressive scan Infrared remote control Connections Four HDMI Two Composite Two Component One USB One PC (D-sub) Dimensions without stand: 24.7"H x 3.1"D x 38.7"W Dimensions with stand: 26.6"H x 10.0"D x 36.1"W Weight without stand: 32.8 lbs. Weight with stand: 39.7 lbs. NOTE: ShopNBC does not refund original shipping charges or reimburse the cost to return items.
From the Manufacturer
(April 20, 2009)
With the Samsung 40-inch LN40B550 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and a 6ms (millisecond) response time--virtually eliminating any blurring and providing smooth motion while watching fast-paced sports and action movies. Superb connectivity and networking with a USB port and four HDMI 1.3 ports with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) means this HDTV plays well with all of your other electronics.
The stylish Samsung LN40B550 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
In addition to this 40-inch model, the Samsung B550 series also includes the 32-inch LN32B550, 37-inch LN37B550, 46-inch LN46B550, and 52-inch LN52B550. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Fast 6ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 2 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power)
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2
- Composite A/V: 1
- USB 2.0: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- View an image of this jack pack's details
- TV without stand: 38.7 x 24.7 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 32.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 38.7 x 26.6 x 10 inches (WxHxD); 39.7 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. Samsung's 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms (milliseconds). |
|The NTSC (National Television Systems Committee) has established the color standards all TVs in America try to meet. And typical LCD TVs only meet about 72 percent of this standard. Samsung LCD HDTVs use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlights to give you 92 percent coverage of the NTSC standard, ensuring truer, more breathlessly vivid colors. |
Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 2 technology delivers more brilliant colors by expanding the gamut of color expression into a third axis, creating a 3D diagram of luminance. This creates a dynamic display of on-screen color and allows traditionally weak colors, such as green and blue, to look vivid and deep. In addition, red colors are enhanced to provide strong colors across the spectrum and the perfect balance of RGB.
|70,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio will give you a picture better than you ever thought possible, with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between. As two of the most important determining factors in overall picture quality, contrast and brightness levels achieve new heights in this latest generation LCD panel. Samsung's new LCD TVs give the most stunning realistic picture quality ever.|
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates the TV's slim bezel.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The buttons on the remote are very straight forward and easy to use, menus are easy to navagate. there are plenty of features that are in the menus that i dont know what they do.
It also has an energy saver that you can set to different setting for your room lighting.
I can go on and on about this television. I would recommend this to any one who likes to play games, watch movies or has HD satellite channels.
I would buy another one just like it if i could.
P.S. I have looked at many reviews for this T.V. and i can see my TOC just fine. I think it has to do with the way the light reflect off of the T.V's black finish.
Now for the TV. For the price this set rocks. Color and clarity are great. Menus for setting different color, contrast, brightness features are very easy. The remote does have backlighting which I appreciate. Wish the cable companies HD receiver had backlighting! The sound quality is about what I expect from TV speakers. I'll add a home theater system sometime, but for now I find the sound quite acceptable. I am not even close to be a techno fanatic so this TV fit the bill for me - easy set up and a great pic without any fussing.
I don't quite get the "red touch of color" thing. Yes, there is a bezel around the bottom of the TV that is slightly red in certain lighting situations. But, it is hardly noticed and I'm not sure why Samsung has even produced them this way. It is hardly a driving feature of this TV.
Again, this is a great set for the price. And, AMAZON delivers again - for FREE!!
One reason I chose this TV was the size. It was the only 40 inch that would fit inside my entertainment center which allows only 39 inches for a unit. This fit with about 1/4 inch to spare. Otherwise, I would have had to purchase a 37 inch. So that is a great feature if that is a concern for anyone else.
I purchased this TV from Amazon and had it within a week. I have always been impressed with Amazon's prompt service. The delivery was on time. The gentlemen called an hour ahead of delivery, and they were polite and helpful. They attached the base.
I must add that when the TV was INITIALLY turned on the picture was horrible. I was in shock. It was full of snow and jumpy and jerky. However, my niece came to the rescue. The inside connections were checked, and they were okay. She went outside and discovered that where the cables from the Dish antenna were spliced, the cables were loose. Once those were tightened, the picture was just super, and I was so very relieved. As a bonus, the reception to the TV in the family room was also greatly improved. I mention this only because someone else might encounter the same problem. I have one Dish and the cable is spliced so it feeds the TV in the living room and family room.
I definitely recommend this TV to anyone contemplating a purchase.
Most recent customer reviews
- most of the time, the picture is great, i'd say 95% of the time
- sound quality is also good, again most of the time, also about 95%
The real plus is having the HDMI output.Read more
Fill a USB flash drive with high res images and plug it in.
Start the slide show function.Read more
i bought a TV from them and received it fully packaged and not working sending the tv back...Read more