- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN40C630 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 630 HDTV is a smooth operator: 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness that’s clearly ahead of the competition. The AllShare feature even allows you to sync up your entire household: A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote. And Samsung’s Touch of Color design combines texture and color that will complement any décor.
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Charcoal Grey Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music
playlist and pictures via the remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: Up to 43% more energy efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your componets for the best picture and sound quality.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using yoru remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the “genuine” stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 side
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 38.5 x 23.4 x 3.2 inches (WxHxD); 31.3 pounds
- TV with stand: 38.5 x 26.0 x 10.0 inches (WxHxD); 38.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
The sound on this TV is very robust and clear, although when watching blurays I have to turn it up to hear dialogs, which then makes action sequences really loud, but it's not a big deal.
The design of this TV is just awesome. It has the glass bezel and gloss table top, definitely one of the best looking TV's that I've ever seen. The stand also swivels, which is something every TV should have, but usually don't.
The remote works well, and is very sturdy. The onscreen menus are very clear and even provide descriptions to most of the settings so you don't need to try and figure out what certain settings do.
Its a pretty thin and light panel too, so if your mounting it, it should stay pretty flat on the wall.
I've got nothing but positives to say about this set, its worth every penny, and I'm usually very critical about electronics, but I'd recommend this LCD to anyone. It doesn't look that great out of the box, but after a week of playing with the color settings, I think the picture has been perfected.Read more ›
For those who prefer using TV stands, you do have to assemble it on your own. Extremely easy to assemble though! All it took was 9 screws (already in the box) and I recommend using a power-screwdriver. Directions said it required two people, I did it solo! I was just eager to hook up my PS3 via HDMI cable and experience the wonderful world of 1080P.
Okay, now for the specifics and why this HDTV deserves a spot in your living room - As I mentioned before, right up to my purchase I extensively followed the quality and price of several HDTVs. The Samsungs 530, 550, 630, 650. The Samsung 630 is the best deal for your money, here's why: The 5 series is less expensive, but only offers refresh times of 60Hz as compared to the 630 which is 120Hz. This is a big difference, and means that your HDTV with 120Hz displays at least twice as many frames-per-second which makes movies, not only sports, very fluid and more realistic.Read more ›
Here's what happened. A little over two weeks ago we had been watching the TV, and then left to go outside to do some yard work. After dinner we decided to watch a movie so I turned on the TV. Nothing. Usually when a Samsung TV is off, there is a small red light. When you turn it on, the picture emerges and the little red light goes off. No red light. I unplugged the TV from the power supply and plugged it directly into an outlet (the DVD was on the same power strip and was working). Then I took the power cord off and went into the kitchen and plugged it into the little Samsung TV in there. Worked great. Dang. I pulled out the TV information and the TV was still under warranty. I called Samsung.
After just a few seconds on hold a real person answered and I explained the dead power supply problem. She told me somebody would call me in three to five working days to arrange for the repair. WHAT? Three to five days just to talk to somebody to schedule a repair???? NINE days later somebody finally called and said that my 'ticket' would be sent to troubleshooting. WHAT? After nine days, still no appointment for repair???? On day twelve I got a call from a repair guy from a local business contracted to do the repair, and he asked me if the part, the power supply, had come yet. WHAT? What part? I called Samsung again and they gave me the number of GURU, the company they contract to do their repairs, and the company that subcontracts to other local repair services. I now realize that I'm twice-removed from Samsung and NOBODY is coordinating this repair but ME.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent picture quality. Have owned product for a few years now without any problems. I stand by Samsung 100%.Published 3 months ago by Brenndy
Still working great after several years of usage. A little hard to get adjustments the way you want them, but the instructions are great. Samsung is a great line.Published 4 months ago by Russ
Great TV! I cannot say enough praise about this model. I bought this version back in 2010,and I still have mine to this day.Published 8 months ago by harland sylling
As always this Samsung TV is high quality and very well priced, Price through Amazon was 30% lower than retail stores. ALWAYS purchase through Amazon for best price.Published 20 months ago by Texas Dude
I'd rate this TV higher but it has developed a problem that other Samsung televisions seem to have with a flickering of the picture. Since it's off warranty, it'll cost to fix it. Read morePublished 23 months ago by M. T. McCombe
Great tv and clear picture quality. Have it for almost 4 years now and still works great. Added a sound bar to it and enjoy watching movies on there even more!Published on April 15, 2014 by tk
We loved this t.v.! We bought this t.v. June 2010 and never had a problem. Picture was fantastic, sound amazing, it seriously was the best t.v. Read morePublished on January 27, 2014 by Laura L. Hartzell