- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN46C550 46-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Touch of Color™ design
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR® standards
- ConnectShare™ Movie
- Game Mode
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Make the move to the smoothest LCD action ever. Samsung's LN46C550 LCD HDTV offers incredible color and rich clarity, all on a 46-inch screen. Add the power of Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer, for a picture that optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors and lifelike action. Samsung HDTVs are also ENERGY STAR compliant, helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money.
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 550 HDTV is as beautiful aesthetically as it is in picture quality: An exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that will complement any room. It features a hint of color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame, transforming your already stylish TV into a work of art. The AllShare feature allows you to sync up your entire household, via a wired or wireless DLNA connection that lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote. Your Samsung LCD 550 is also working towards a greener tomorrow: It’s up to 43% more efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full HD 1080p Resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Red Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LCD Energy Efficient, up to 30% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 side, 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 43.8 x 26.5 x 3.2 inches (WxHxD); 40.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 43.8 x 29.0 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD); 48.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top customer reviews
For sound, I know there are some complaints but ignore them. The sounds is perfect. It's pretty full for a TV and the stereo effect works good as well. I rarely crank it up past 10 on the dial and I think it goes up to 40 or something. Really - ignore the sound complaints. Audiophiles are never satisfied.
For features, it has a lot and I rarely use them because I'm not that kind of TV consumer. But you can do all kinds of stuff with your computer and flash drives and cameras and MP3 players and so on. I never bothered with the internet set up because the 32" Sony Bravia I have has that feature and it's lame. I'm not plunking down $60-$80 for a wireless USB stick to watch reruns of Good Times and Sanford and Son. Here is the thing about the internet feature: if you have a cable provider or satellite feed you probably don't need it. You can get your movies streamed over those cable services for the same price (or better). You also get the bonus features like channel guides over the cable service. But I guess if you don't have cable or satellite provider then the internet service would be a good feature for you. There are some free services and movies but they really are pretty lame. The rest you pay for on an ad-hoc basis. The only thing I use internet for on the Sony intenet is to catch You-Tube replays of some horse races that I missed. (I told you I like sports). But that isn't worth extra money. The Sony TV came with the USB Wireless stick thrown in, by the way.
Overall, this is a great TV. And if you are making the move from a tube TV or other non-HD set then this set will probably blow your mind.
NOTE: Be careful when buying it online, I had to have the TV sent twice, it was broken by UPS during shipping the first time but 6ave was great about sending it back and getting a new one without any hassle or charges.
This TV is beautiful too, what looks to be a glass/hard plastic/fiber bevel around the edge as well as the stand. It looks very complimenting to a taken care of home, nothing cheap about the tv except its price, which I got it for $[...] after shipping.
This is my second night with it. My wife and I were sitting on the couch with our wireless mini remote checking my emails and one of my [...] email advertisements came through and we bought something, like interactive TV, so simple. It doesn't feel like a computer anymore.
Most recent customer reviews
Pro's: Excellent video resolution, Great for watching movies off your hard drive, Great for online gaming...Read more