- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN46D630 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Black) (2011 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz with Clear Motion Rate
- Full HD 1080p resolution, High Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Touch of Color design, Wireless LAN Adapter Support
- Exceeds energy star standards
- AllShare DLNA networking
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compromise on price but not on features. Samsungs affordable 630 LCD HDTV series delivers Full HD resolution, playback of files from USB drives or over your home network from DLNA Certified devices, a wealth of HDMI inputs, and plenty more, all wrapped up in Samsungs eye-catching "Touch of Color" design.
Crisp, Clear Picture Quality From a TV With a True Sense of Style
1080p Full HD With Four HDMI Inputs
The LN46D630 delivers Full HD 1080p resolution, for a superb level of detail and clarity in your picture. To connect your sources, four separate HDMI inputs are provided, for delivering a Full HD picture and audio over a single cable.
Touch of Color Design
Samsungs "Touch of Color" design features a hint of amber color naturally blended into Samsungs traditional piano black bezel frame, for eye-catching style even when your TV is turned off.
Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards
The LN46D630 exceeds the strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy by up to 30%. That means you get lower utility costs, and a smaller carbon footprint.
Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily via the LN46D630's USB port. An intuitive, user-friendly interface allows access to videos, music, or pictures via the remote.Auto Motion Plus 120Hz with Clear Motion Rate
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz brings action movies and sports to life in the living room, thanks to frame-to-frame smooth motion. This technology eliminates motion blur by calculating the image and inserting it, creating a non-repetitive transition from one frame to the next. Blur is virtually eliminated and clarity enhanced, for smooth, lifelike motion.
AllShare DLNA Networking
For even more entertainment options, the LN46D630 lets you connect to your home network and stream music, videos, and photos from other DLNA Certified devices (your computer, network storage drive, etc.).
The LN46D630 features a "game mode," which turns off much of the picture processing for a faster video response. This is ideal for fast-paced video sources like video game systems, and will help gamers get the performance they're after.
SRS' TheaterSound, available in new Samsung HDTVs, is an all-in-one audio suite that directly addresses the three most common consumer TV audio complaints--inconsistent volume levels, unintelligible vocals, and poor, dimension-less sound. SRS helps ensure you get great audio from the LN46D630's two 10-watt speakers, and additional technologies like Dolby Digital Plus and support for multi-channel sound (MTS) add even more on the sonic side of things.
The LN46D630 also features a PC input, so you an use it as a computer monitor.
- 4 HDMI
- 2 USB
- 2 Component In (Y / Pb / Pr)
- 2 (1: Common Use for Component Y) Composite In (AV)
- 1 Digital Audio Out (Optical)
- 1 PC In (D-sub)
- 1 RF In (Terrestrial / Cable Input)
- 1 PC Audio In (Mini Jack)
- 1 (Common Use for PC Audio in) DVI Audio In (Mini Jack)
- 1 Audio Out (Mini Jack)
- 1 Ethernet (LAN)
Top Customer Reviews
AutoMotion Plus (AMP):
I was initially concerned about the AutoMotion Plus feature. Many forum posts complained about it. I was afraid it would be too smooth (i.e too much "soap opera effect"). My concerns were unfounded. It's easy to turn off this feature and it is easy to customize. I love that it is customizable by SOURCE (meaning the settings for your cable may be different for your DVD or BluRay player and the TV will save them as such). I like it very much for fast-motion (such as hockey games) and use the "clear setting" for just about everything else. The "demo mode" is a nice feature showing you the comparison of AMP on and off on a splitscreen. pretty cool.
This is the feature that allows you to plug in a USB hard drive or thumb drive and play videos, music, or look at pictures. I'm pleased to say that this quickly has become my favorite feature since I have a lot of videos saved on my computer. The TV does a great job reading almost all of the major file formats. The external HD powers off when the TV turns off, which is a nice feature (because I don't have remember to unplug it every time I shut off the TV and vice versa). The built-in video player interface firmware works great (pause, fast forward, and returns you to the place where you left off if you have to shut down, even if you turn everything off and come back later). The music player interface is a bit clunky, but it works ok.Read more ›
Maybe the LN46D630 isn't as much dumb as it is ignorant. Which isn't a bad thing. Indeed, that's why I bought it. More on that in a bit.
Before I get to saying what I like about it, let me respond to some of the negative comments I've read. I can't answer for their experiences, but I can share my own. The picture quality is quite good. I don't have any issues with light leaking or other problems. It is a very consistent image that allows for a great variety of adjustments. If you look in the discussion under the 40 inch version of this model, you can find some added pointers about adjustment. I also got the Disney WOW! dvd which helps for much more precise adjustment.
Some others have noted problems with shipping. I had no problems at all. Amazon shipped this tv through Pilot Shipping, with a scheduled appointment set when I purchased this. Very professional service. It did take a bit longer than my usual prime shipping, but everything was handled quite well and everything arrived in perfect condition. Two men carried the television into my living room. They didn't set it up, but I didn't want them to anyhow.
When I did set it up, everything turned on quick and easy. The size means that unless you're big and strong you might want help setting it up, as it is a bit awkward to maneuver to attach the base.
I bought this model because I was wanting a television that allowed for good multimedia connections but was not loaded down with a lot of extraneous features I wouldn't want or need. I don't need a television with its own browser or apps.Read more ›
1) Picture quality - of course compared to the old LG plasma, the picture quality of fantastic. Rich colors, very little glare on the screen, pretty good viewing angle. I looked at this and several other Samsung models at a local electronics store, and I honestly could not tell much difference between this model and some of the higher-end models in terms of just the picture. I was specifically interested in the D550, which is about $100 cheaper since it is 60 Hz, but the D630 did have a small but noticeable improvement in fine details especially with moving objects. I also thought about the D5500 but to me there was not much difference between LCD and LED all else being equal. I can see why LED would be attractive for people who plan to hang it on the wall, but if you are going to let it sit on a stand you can't really appreciate how thin it is anyway. Made more sense to spend the extra $100 for 120 Hz than LED.
2) Sound quality - so so, but what do you expect from a TV. It is good for regular TV viewing, I really like the "clear voice" mode which lets you hear conversations easily without cranking up the volume. The TV speakers sound a little thin or hollow if you are watching a movie.
3) Other features - remote works fine, nothing particularly good or bad. TV stand swivels, which is good. Connectivity is good, 4 HDMI and 2 USB are more than enough for me.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got this TV about five years ago, after doing a lot of research on brands and quality.
Out of the box, it had a single green pixel stuck on, near the middle of the... Read more
Worked for a few years and was great. It's now rendered useless do to the infamous "Samsung flicker". Read morePublished 5 months ago by J. Bigler
The power light is lit, but there is no picture. Researched this online and looks like it could be a bad mother board and others have had it happen within a couple years. Read morePublished 5 months ago by lnk20a2
Didn't buy from Amazon, but from Walmart about 5 years ago. This TV is still running strong in my Game/Nerd room. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Zeke
I bought this in Jan 2012 - worked fine for about 2 years. After that it started making a buzzing sound, followed by flickering picture. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Rahul Mohan
Bought this TV a few years ago and it still works good. No problems whatsoever.Published 8 months ago by Aaron Lee
I have had this tv for four years now without even one single problem! It's been very good to me. I love the swivel stand. Good viewing angles also. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon buyer