- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN55C650 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV (Black) (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 650 HDTV is a smooth operator: 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness that’s clearly ahead of the competition. The AllShare feature even allows you to sync up your entire household: A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote. And Samsung’s Touch of Color design combines texture and color that will complement any décor.
- Screen Size: 55 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive red Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to
BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: Up to 43% more energy efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your componets for the best picture and sound quality.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using yoru remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TheaterSound
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 side
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 51.2 x 31.5 x 3.4 inches (WxHxD); 61.9 pounds
- TV with stand: 51.2 x 33.3 x 12.0 inches (WxHxD); 72.1 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I received this TV yesterday and watched it for most of the evening. Very good picture! I was considering the LG55lh40 but after viewing the Samsung LN55B650 side by side with the LG at Best Buy my wife and I realized there was little competition. We had the tech at best buy let us mess with the settings for around half an hour (starting with the auto-calibration from LG) but just couldn't get it to look right compared with the Samsung. I was rather upset, as I have read numerous great reviews about the LG and it was a considerably cheaper price. Logging into Amazon I noticed the LN55C650 was on sale for $1620 (even cheaper than last years B series) but had no reviews, so I was a little nervous to order it. Hindsight is 20/20 and I definitely made the right choice. The picture is very clear and has that crisp look that Samsung is famous for.
My surround sound system will not be delivered until today, so I was stuck using the built in speakers last night. I was very impressed with the sound this thing could pump out. I varied the sound between 25 and 50 (out of 100) and it was more than loud enough and filled the room nicely. This is by no means comparable to a nice sound system, but compared to any other TV I have heard, it is definitely up there in sound capabilities.
Looks wise, I think this is much better looking than last years B650.Read more ›
First, the picture is phenomenal. It really stands up against almost anything out there at the moment. I chose the LCD tech over LED largely over price, I just couldn't justify the extra 1000 for what I felt was a marginal increases in performance. The options and interface are intuitive, and tweeking the picture and sound settings was easy. After I "tuned" the picture I watched some basketball and was very impressed by the 120hz engine and software. The picture is smooth, rich, and a delight to watch.
Second, the connectivity is a fun addition. I have an instant uplink to netflix, blockbuster on demand, amazon on demand, and Vudu. I gave Vudu a try last night with a free trail rental of "Zombieland". I have a 12mb/s broadband connection, and it was enough to enjoy full HD without any hiccups. Really a cool feature.
Third, I am less than impressed with the DNLA connectivity of Samsung. I have been struggling to set up a media server that is compatible with my new TV. I was looking forward to having a new way to show all of the internet content I have come to love, without the computer. However, I am just getting started with it, so I may be making a mistake. I guess the interface is a generation behind where it integrates without a problem. I thought about taking a star off for this, but I chose not to because the functionality of the TV as a TV is really what this review should be about.
Lastly, the delivery was prompt, easy, and professional. I was concerned with having a high dollar item shipped, but after this experience I don't think I'll have it any other way.Read more ›
Calibration: The 55C650 was very calibration friendly without going into the service menu. In fact, from the movie mode setting, there were only minor tweaks needed here and there to close in on D6500K. There is an ample array of calibration controls including white balance and noise reduction. The standard setting continues to have a major blue push. The Movie setting allows adjustment of all picture setting options and brings the picture to life.
White Balance Settings
Red - Offset 28
Green - Offset 25
Blue - Offset 16
Red - Gain 17
Green - Gain 25
Blue - Gain 21
Picture Mode: Movie
Color Temp: Warm 2
Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off
Digital NR: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion: Standard
Blue Only Mode: Off
This LCD TV has a tremendous CFL backlight. We needed only set the backlight at 7 from the 1 - 20 scale to achieve a desirable picture in a darkly lit room.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was a great TV. Had everything I needed. The only bad thing is the power supply died within the first year. This is the second Samsung I've had where that's happened. Read morePublished on July 23, 2013 by occasional-buyer
Samsung refuses to stand behind their products even when the problem is a factory defect. I purchased this TV in May 2010 and it has had extremely minimal use-only for the... Read morePublished on June 24, 2013 by Kelly J.
no problems with this tv at all. works great and even draws a small amount of power. Trying to find game mode was a little tricky at first and switching back and forth is a pain... Read morePublished on December 24, 2012 by David
I spend a lot of time researching and buying electronic products, and rely heavily on reviews... hopefully this will help someone out. Read morePublished on October 22, 2012 by Allen L. Broughton
I bought the Samsung LN55C650 55-inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV about 26 months ago but I have used the TV for less than 100 hours. The picture is beautiful. Read morePublished on August 13, 2012 by P.T.