Samsung M575 Prepaid Phone (payLo by Virgin Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 2.4-inch TFT LCD display
- payLo by Virgin Mobiles first 3G Device; Slider QWERTY with 4-Row Keyboard
- 2MP Camera + Camcorder
- Social Networking shortcuts to Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter and Surf the Web via Opera Mini
- Navigate with Google Maps and Virgin Navigator
- payLo by Virgin Mobile’s first 3G Device
- Slider QWERTY with 4-Row Keyboard
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Size (LWH): 4.6 inches, 2.1 inches, 0.6 inches
- Weight: 3.68 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
The Samsung SPH-M575 is a CDMA 3G cell phone featuring 2-megapixel camera, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad for enhanced navigation, Sprint's OneClick interface, Facebook, Twitter, MP3 player, and stereo Bluetooth compatibility. The M575 is also equipped with GPS, microSD memory card slot, and support for multiple languages including Spanish. This is an excellent messaging device with great sound quality.
This compact phone fits easily into your pocket or purse. The Samsung M575 comes with a full QWERTY keyboard, with four rows of keys and one letter per key. It slides out from the body of the phone. The buttons are easy to use for fast messaging and a great gaming experience. Once you're through typing, the keyboard slides away conveniently.
The 2.4" QVGA screen has a 320 X 240 display resolution which is great for gaming, looking at maps or easy browsing of your phone.
Take fun pictures anywhere and easily post them to your favorite social networking site or email them to friends. If you love social networking, the Samsung M575 sets a new standard for sharing your status and stories.
Get GPS directions on your screen so you won't ever get lost again. You will not want to leave your house or visit a new part of town without your Samsung M575.
Key Features and Specs
- 2.4-inch LCD display
- Slider QWERTY with 4-row keyboard
- 2-megapixel camera with video.
- 600 Mhz processor means higher-quality graphics and faster performance
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- 128 MB internal memory
- Messaging via text, video, picture, and instant messaging
- Navigation with Google Maps and Virgin Navigator
- Web browser with Opera mini
- E-mail access
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, memo, calculator, and stopwatch.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hearing aid compatibility = M4/T3.
The Samsung M575 weighs 3.7 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches. Its 1140 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time.
What's in the Box
Samsung M575 handset, 1140 mAh lithium-ion battery, charger, printed materials
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile's PayLo plans, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can easily Top-Up your Virgin Mobile account right from your phone. First, buy a Top-Up card at one of the thousands of retailers that carry them; or register your debit card, credit card, or PayPal account at the Virgin Mobile USA web site in order to add minutes to your account directly from your phone.
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile's coverage area).
Top Customer Reviews
However, be aware - With this phone you have both the good and the bad.
1) Contacts are easy to set up.
2) It can be set up to accept navigation voice commands. I.E. Go to messages.
3) It takes good pictures and decent video.
4. The sound is loud enough for people (like myself) with limited hearing loss to clearly hear the person calling you.
5) Good sound quality - no static, etc.
6) The phone has a few features - Internet, Alarm, calculator, a couple of built in games, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
7) You can block phone numbers from calling or texting you.
1) You cannot assign a name to an Alarm. IE. Quiting Time, Wake UP call, etc.
2) There is no stop watch - as mentioned above.
3) You are required to get all ringtones, apps, etc. from the Virgin Mobile Store.
4) Most Ringtones/Ringback tones cost $2.50 a piece - with adds up quickly.
5) There are extremely few apps available at Virgin's Mobile store.
6) Virgin Mobile will charge your data plan if you visit their store from your phone, or download a purchase.
7) There are no built-in photo editing features.
8) I've read other reviews that complaint that the phone can easily be damaged if you drop it.
9) The keys on the pull out keyboard are very small - thus texting with it is quite difficult.
10) While you can receive photos via bluetooth from Windows 7 - You will not be able to send photos via bluetooth to an Windows 7 64 bit operating system. According to Samsung support - this phone is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems.
11) I also have not been able to send photos via bluetooth to my android 2.3 tablet.
At the moment, this is the best phone available for Virgin Mobile's Paylo service. However, compared to other prepaid phones I've owned, it definitely could use some major improving.
In this year since our switch to no-contract, we have seen virtually no difference in service or coverage area with our no contract phones. They work great. The only difference we see is to our wallets. So this year, we decided to take advantage of the holiday sales at Virgin and upgrade our flip phone to this Samsung M575 (aka - Samsung Restore.) My hubby wanted something that was easier to text with, and that could check emails if need be in a pinch. So this M575 fit the bill perfectly. It's really a well made phone, solidly built and looks really sharp. It's also light, yet still weighty enough to feel really nice in the paw. The slide-out qwerty is smooth and snaps into place nicely. The keyboard is very tactile and responsive. After having only virtual keyboards on our touch devices, we forgot how much we like a good tactile keyboard with crisp buttons. You can text waaaaaaay faster than on a touch screen.
Make no mistake, this is not some repackaged 10 year old phone. It's based off of older phones we're all familiar with, but this is a 2012 updated version, and it's really sweet. Menus are quick and responsive. It boots up and shuts down in a blink, and the battery lasts for daaaaaays, literally -- all of which is essential if this is to be a true emergency phone. Call quality is excellent. Stock ringtones are really nice. And best of all -- you can set the ringer to SILENT for all calls, yet still have assigned personal rings remain active for the people you truly want to hear from! (Like my hubby, while ignoring everyone else!) Perfect!!
We really love this phone. It's a good 2nd phone to have on hand for us, and it barely costs 80 a year to use it. That includes everything, talk text and even limited web, from time to time. It's not our main go-to phone, but for a 2nd emergency/convenience backup, this will more than do the job.
For what it is, this is a 5 star phone. Alexander Graham Bell would be in awe of how his invention has evolved. Love it!