- Size (LWH): 2.2 inches, 5.2 inches, 5.8 inches
Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter - Data Cable - Micro USB - Retail Packaging for AT&T SGH-i77 & T-Mobile SGH-T989
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Works with the AT&T SGH-i777 or the T-Mobile SGH-T989 phone
- Connect your MHL-enabled phone to your high definition TV or computer monitor
- Supports HD signals up to 1080p
- Creates an HDMI docking station for your mobile phone
The HDTV Smart Adapter supports HD signals up to 1080p. Connects directly to a standard HDMI cable for easy connectivity to home theater or monitor. It can connect directly to your MHL-Enabled mobile phone to create an HDMI docking station. (HDMI cable not included)
Top Customer Reviews
I've been using this product since December 2011. As of now, the product has worked flawlessly.
The good: This gives you the ability to take your phone, and display it on an HD TV. If you want to get especially creative, buy a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse. This will allow the phone to sit across the room and you can use it as a make-shift computer.
The bad: Not necessarily bad, but it does require a micro USB power cable to be plugged into the MHL adapter. This is because HD out on a cell phone requires so much power. If your phone is low on power, you will notice that, with the MHL adapter plugged in, with the micro USB power plugged in, the phone still might not charge, but instead, remain stagnant.
1) It is a generic MHL [Mobile High-Definition Link] 5 Pin Micro USB Male to Standard Female HDMI Adapter. It also has a Micro 5 Pin USB Female power cord plugin slot. A standard male HDMI end of an HDMI cable can be inserted into its HDMI plugin slot.
2) To display the phone's display on an HDMI TV or Computer Monitor, the phone's Micro 5 Pin USB power cord end must be plugged into this MHL Adapter. In order for it to work the power cord must also be plugged into the phone's AC Adapter, while it is plugged into an active power outlet.
3) With my Note LTE SGH-I717 phone this MHL Adapter causes a TV or Monitor to become a fully functioning monitor. When it is properly attached to a TV or Monitor they will display what is on, and actually taking place on my phone. This includes the way the phone's regular display is either vertical or horizontal. In order to display on a TV or Monitor the HDMI source must be selected by the TV or Monitor, with an HDMI cable plugged into both the TV and this MHL Adapter.
4) When a movie begins on my phone, the TV's display automatically changes to only displaying the movie horizontally. This is as per the display settings on the TV. If activated on the phone, the TV or Monitor also mirror displays [as displayed on the phone] a movie's pause, play, time line slider, and subtitles. However, with the exception of the TV's or Monitor's volume, all controls of the on screen phone's display are via the cell phone.
5) The volume is controlled by the TV. The level of the audio is whatever the TV is capable of projecting.
6) The phone controls what is viewed on the HDMI TV or Computer Monitor display.Read more ›
My only problem is with random HDMI signal loss - the phone's display appears fine but the TV would say "no signal" and then come back within a few seconds. It seems to be TV dependent. An older TV would lose signal quite often. With a newer TV, it only happens a few times per hour. It is probably my phone (maybe OS) and not the adapter's fault.
Finally, please shop around for prices. I was happy with the Amazon price until I saw it for $15 shipped elsewhere.
Eventually, I figured out that it would work 100% of the time if I did things in the following order:
1) Connect power to MHL cable, connect HDMI cable between TV and adapter, turn on TV and set input to HDMI in any order
2) Connect cell phone to adapter last.
That said, this is a great technology and a hell of a great product. If you have the phone/tablet for it and an HD tv, I highly recommend this accessory.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked fine, did what it was supposed to do. Don't use it very often now since I have a Smart TV and can do it wireless. Good unit though,and great price.Published 1 month ago by Dave R.
I bought this to stream things from my phone or tablet onto a large TV through the HDMI port. I could never get any video to actually come through on the TV. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Chad B.
Bought it, tried it and it worked. Packed it in my laptop bag, and the next time I tried it.... nothing but the charge works, save your money and get something elsePublished 8 months ago by clint
I tried using this on my TV and couldn't get video. I tried connecting phone to multiple devices and just couldn't get to work.Published 12 months ago by alec