Samsung Mantra Prepaid Phone (Virgin Mobile)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Slim flip phone for voice calls as well as easy access to messaging, social networks, and personal e-mail
- Pay for only the calling time you use with Virgin Mobile's minutes or monthly plans--no annual contract required
- VGA camera for still photos only; Bluetooth for hands-free devices; Web browser; bi-lingual interface
- Up to 5.5 hours of talk time, up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, charger, printed documentation
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Size (LWH): 3.94 inches, 1.97 inches, 0.79 inches
- Weight: 3.52 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
The slim Samsung Mantra flip phone for Virgin Mobile makes it easy to stay connected via voice, messaging and social networking while on the go. You get access to social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace Flickr with the ability to view them all in one dashboard. You can also snap still photos with the included VGA camera and share with friends as well as popular social media destinations such as Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Photobucket, and more through Virgin Mobile's MyPix service.
The slim Samsung Mantra flip phone makes it easy to stay connected via voice, messaging, social networking and e-mail.
Offering a clear, simple user interface and a large keypad that makes navigating a cinch, it features external caller ID and dual color screens. Other features include Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices, speakerphone, threaded text messaging, bi-lingual menus (English and Spanish), and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
- Full messaging suite including SMS text, MMS picture, instant messaging (IM), and personal e-mail.
- Buddy Beacon lets you broadcast your location to friends and family and you can turn it on when you're feeling sociable or turn it off when you're not.
- 2-inch internal display (128 x 160 pixels, 65K color depth)
- 0.76-inch external screen displays incoming calls, current time/date, signal strength, and battery life.
- VGA camera for still photos with 4x digital zoom and self-timer.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset and hands-free car kits.
- Web browser lets you surf the Internet from your phone, with Mobile Search right on your home screen.
- Get mobile alerts to entertainment news, sports scores, and other fun stuff.
- Downloadable games, ringtones, graphics and more
- Phonebook with up to 499 entries (plus 1 voicemail number) with up to five numbers, two e-mail addresses, two IMs, and one Web address per contact.
- Displays last 75 incoming/outgoing/missed calls
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and calculator
- Bi-lingual interface (English and Spanish)
- TTY/TDD enabled
- HAC rating: M4/T4
The Samsung Mantra weighs 3.35 ounces and measures 3.8 x 1.87 x 0.69 inches. Its 960 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA frequencies; 1xRTT voice and data capable.
What's in the Box
Samsung Mantra handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
Additionally, you can choose from a variety of mobile messaging plans, which includes text and picture messaging, e-mail, and IM (via AOL and Yahoo!). Virgin Mobile USA's national coverage is powered by the nationwide Sprint PCS network.
Virgin Mobile contributes 5 percent of profits from downloadable content to The RE*Generation, its pro-social initiative to help homeless teens, as well as provides postage-paid return envelopes in every new package for customers to recycle old phones.
Top Customer Reviews
It is Bluetooth enabled which is a nice feature to have on a phone. The battery seems to hold a good charge for daily use, I can go 3 to 4 days without charging, but that is in standby mode, I am not sure how long it would last if you were a heavy user. The phone is very well behaved, I say this because my Slash would beep once a minute to let me know it was working (I guess that's why), anytime I had the ringer turned on. I never did figure out how to turn off the signal beep on it. The Mantra doesn't beep and also on the Mantra you can turn off the obnoxious start up and shut down sounds that VM deems necessary to put on all of their low end phones. The directory will support up to 500 entries and you can add up to 5 phone numbers per entry along with 2 email addresses and a URL address.
The camera is useable, not great but much better pictures than the Slash took. Basically I use it only to create new wallpapers for the phone and send an occasional pic to Twitpic
So far I am very pleased with the new Mantra, it's a good basic phone, not a lot of bells and whistles, but enough to make it very user friendly. Nice calendar and appointment scheduling, cool countdown timers so you can tell how many days till your anniversary, birthday, Christmas or any other date you might want to countdown to.
Watch for it on sale, Amazon had it listed for $59 same as the VM site... I bought it on sale at Best Buy for $49, and on Black Friday picked up a second one for my wife at Radio Shack for $29.
I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a nice basic user friendly phone with picture and texting capabilities. It will browse the web also by the way, but you need to pay for a "data pack" at VM to use it. That I haven't tried.
The best feature of this Mantra with Virgin Mobile is that it is costing me about $5 a month which is outrageously inexpensive for making convenient & necessary phone calls (Virgin Mobile plan that automatically adds $5 a month to my credit card). The extra $50 a month savings is invested in the youngest child's college fund, which should amount to around $12,000 by college time - just from using a no frills phone.
Certainly, the phone has limited functionality. Don't expect much of a camera, and ringtones need to be purchased from VM who will rape you. However, customer service has been good for me when needed. Clarity of the phone is good and the battery has lasted.
If you need something other than the basics don't purchase this phone (or you should not have purchased this phone) and you should not be dealing with Virgin Mobile. (And beware of reviewing morons who look at motor bikes, buy a bicycle for the price, and complain about the pedaling and how long it takes to get somewhere)!
when u activate use kickback code 5JstDIVc and get 60 minutes free when activating online!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you're interested in having a simple use of the internet, simple text messaging, & simple calls, this is for you.