Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung 32GB PLUS Micro SDHC with Adapter - up to 48MB/s - UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MPBGCA/AM)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

I grabbed this Samsung 32GB Plus Micro SDHC UHS-1 Class 10 (MB-MPBGCA/AM) card during an Amazon Gold Box deal, since the price was too good to pass up. This is the first Samsung memory card I own, so I was curious to see how it ranks against all my exiting microSDHC cards. Short answer: At the very top.

I used a benchmark program called "CrystalDiskMark v3.01 x64" to measure, among other parameters, the Sequential Read and Write speed of this card. Note that the card reader I used is the Transcend USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K), plugged into an USB 3.0 port. This is important because if you use an USB 2.0 card reader or USB 2.0 port, the maximum speed will be severally handicapped.

Here are my results:
- Sequential Read speed = 79.55MB/s, which exceeds the advertised '48MB/s' by 66%.
- Sequential Write speed = 21.44MB/s, which is more than twice the minimum requirement of 'class-10' (10MB/s)

The above results compare favorably against my previous speed-champ, the Lexar microSDHC 300x 32GB UHS-I Flash Memory Card (LSDMI32GBBNL300R). The Samsung card is 10% slower in Sequential Write (21.4 vs 23.5MB/s), but 75% faster in Read (79.55 vs 48.5MB/s). It should be noted that the LeXar card is priced about 2x higher than the Samsung.

When compared against the most popular microSDHC card in its price range, the SanDisk Ultra UHS-1 MicroSDHC, there is no contest: Samsung blows Sandisk out of the water with 64% faster Write speed (21.44 vs. 13.09MB/s) and 2x faster Read speed (79.55 vs. 40.02MB/s).

(See the chart I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section for comparison against several other brands of microSDHC cards)

Bottom Line:
As of this writing, the Samsung UHS1 microSDHC card is available at nearly the same price as the Sandisk Ultra UHS1 microSDHC card, but it offers significantly higher Read/Write speed. That makes the Samsung card a much better value.

Side Notes:
- The Samsung memory card is made in Korea, as expected.
- The capacity of this '32GB' card, as reported by my computer, is just 29.2GB*. This is slightly below average compared to that of my other '32GB' cards, which range between 29.3 and 29.9GB.
(*Note that computer people count one 'Gig' as '2 to the power 30'. So 1GB comes to 7.37% larger than 1 billion bytes)
review image review image
1717 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
As anyone who buys a lot of SD cards probably knows, SanDisk is probably considered the industry standard for SD media. I've always purchased SanDisk cards for all my cameras, phones, tablets, etc. However, recently all of my Samsung devices started having problems with their SanDisk 32GB MicroSD UHS-1 cards failing and/or abruptly unmounting. And SanDisk has admitted that there is a problem with their 32GB UHS-1 cards and Samsung devices. I also had this same problem with my Swann Freestyle HD video camera (a GoPro knock-off).

This problem simply doesn't exist with Samsung cards in these same devices. I have replaced all my SanDisk MicroSD cards with Samsung MicroSD cards, including a 64GB card in my Samsung tablet. All work perfectly, and it's a big relief to know that I don't have to worry data corruption (as much) anymore.

I'm not a complete convert -- I'm still using SanDisk SD cards in all my cameras that take the full size SD cards, but my Swann video camera has never worked better with this Samsung card in it.
on March 7, 2014
I was looking for a good quality class 10 card for aerial photography and video via a quadcopter. I compared prices, and bought this one based of the reputation of the Samsung name. Highly recomend.
on January 22, 2014
Large pictures load quickly and I even run several larger programs from this disc. I highly recommend this all S4 phone users.
on February 24, 2014
Before deciding on a card I did a little 'research' with Google. I suppose any card might have worked but I was leery of all the negative reviews I saw on many other name brand cards. My choice to go with a Samsung micro SD card for my Galaxy 3 has not given me any reasons to regret it after a month.
on February 19, 2014
I purchsased two of these cards (32GB). Both are class 10 as described, and Samsung genuine. Speed and identity tests confirm everything written on the cards is 100% accurate. As for the price, you can't go wrong getting genuine 32GB Samsung cards for $25.
on December 3, 2013
Just installed it in my Samsung Galaxy. It seems to be functioning 100%. It gives me a lot more storage options for pix, music, etc.
on April 4, 2014
I bought this sd card to use in my new Galaxy SIII-(Sprint-710) cellphone. It's been great. Haven't had any issues & downloads speeds are very quick,.....works beautifully. I know the Sun Disk brand is popular & that's what I had in my old phone (Transform Ultra ) & liked. But, with some research, found that many of their sd cards we're having problems. Samsung's 32gb was also one of the top picks for use with the SG-3. Glad I gave it a try, very happy.
on May 6, 2014
So far, only Samsung cards have worked for me in my phones. When I have tried other cards, such as Sandisk, they always fail. I've yet to have a failure with Samsung cards. I won't run anything but Samsung now.

I replaced a Samsung 32GB card that I have been using for the past year in my Galaxy S Epic 4G and then Galaxy S4 with this card.

Firs, I put the new card in the phone and let the phone format the card. Then I put the old and new cards in USB 3.0 card readers, and inserted them into USB 3.0 ports

When I copied the files from the old card to the new one, the files copied at 10-20 MB/sec, averaging around 12 MB/sec. The copy process went off without a hitch.

When I inserted the card back into the S4, it took a few moments to see it, but then it became visible and the phone is now working with the card with no issues.

I ran the A1 SD bench and the card clocked in at 17.6 MB/sec Read and 9.5 MB/sec for Writes.
Using SD Tools, it clocked in at 19.8 MB/sec Read and 11.1 MB/sec for Writes.
on April 25, 2014
This card is real and not a knock off.

Just recently I realized even on amazon there are a lot of knock offs of all different kinds of products floating around but they tend to be very good copies of the original items.

Knowing that I now shop around way more vigilantly by reading through many of the reviews. If it tends to have many negatives or reviews stating it is fake mixed with positive I believe different sellers are selling it mixed with fake and real ones. Possibly bait and switch.

This card is most definitely real though from the seller Beach Camera. You get what you pay for. I ordered the same Samsung memory card from a different seller and realized it has very mixed reviews and the price is low for the 32gb compared to the 16gb one I got from Beach Camera.

This one is definitely real and has good write and read speeds. It also comes with the SD adapter card.

I used the Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K) in a USB 3.0 port when running the test.

Tested with H2TESTW.

Warning: Only 14983 of 14984 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 11.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 36.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

EDIT: From my testing, I found that the other same card but different size capacity of 32gb I ordered from a different seller CTCStore is legit from the testing I ran. If you want, order from him as you can get the 32gb size for about $22 shipped. Much better bang for the buck. Only a few left in stock from that seller so grab it while you can!

Here is the H2TESTW results for that card.

Warning: Only 29970 of 29971 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 16.6 MByte/s