|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.6 GHz Core i5-3210M|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
Samsung Series 3 NP300E5C-A03US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Blue Silver)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Runs as I expected and looks stylish. My wife can take this to work and people seem to look at it quite a bit.
Has Samsung included apps for the general public to make everything easier. Samsung easy Migration works much better than the Easy Transfer from Windows.
* Fast and smooth.
* Stylish Blue tint.
* Clear screen with typical resolution.
* Lighter than expected which is a plus for her.
* Samsung apps seem to be fluid
* 2.5 instead of 2.6 GHz (minor typo)
* Bloatware. Personally I hate Norton products because they are so intrusive and it takes more than just the uninstall to remove.
This was purchased to replace my wifes aging Lenovo G530 with a 2 Ghz T6400 C2D. Mostly she uses her laptop for facebook, shopping, minor games, and documents. She also uses her company VPN and Quickbooks but that is almost the extent of her laptop useage.
Being that she does so little, this is more than enough machine for her. However I bought it because she was looking at a few games and her previous machine could not play much of anything. For example she likes the Sims 3, and a few puzzle games.
I am a Systems Engineer for a Fortune 500 company and I get to play with a lot of different toys. Laptops, Desktops, Servers, etc. and 10 years ago I could scarcely notice the difference in a 1.4 Ghz AMD Thunderbird or a 2 GHz Willamette Pentium 4. And that was a 600 Mhz difference. Even people who can Max out a CPU with Video editing or CAD Design can not notice a 100 Mhz difference. If they can I want that talent.Read more ›
- Sleek, thin form factor - Nice lines, curves, and countours. This laptop looks quite stylish and very professional.
- Fast processor - With an i5 @ 2.5GHz, you will be able to surf facebook and write reports like never before. Joking aside, this processor is more than fast enough for normal usage.
- Integrated camera - It's nothing special, but it works.
- Build quality - It felt a little "plasticy" at first, but over time I have come to appreciate the materials and feel that the build quality is actually quite good, especially considering the price I paid ($500 -- it was on sale).
- RAM - 4GB is plenty for most people. In my opinion, any more RAM would be virtually pointless on this machine. The only reason I can think of that you would need more is for intensive video editing, but without a dedicated GPU, this laptop isn't really designed for such purposes anyways. Whatever games can be played on this laptop will be just fine with 4GB of RAM.
- Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics - I am actually quite impressed with the HD 4000 integrated graphics. Don't expect to max out Battlefield 3 (or even play on low settings with a comfortable framerate), but, benchmarks have shown that many modern games are playable on low settings with 25-30 FPS. Older games should run even better.
- Sound - For a $500 laptop, I feel that the speakers are perfectly adequate. If you want better sound, get some headphones.
- Keyboard - I can type about 80WPM average, so a good keyboard is very important to me.Read more ›
-Sound is loud/decent quality for the $. I'd use external speakers though if I really wanted nice sound.
-Case feels budget - plastic feels like it might not hold up to much of a beating.
-Keys on keyboard have a very shallow action. I'm getting used to this now but at first it felt awkward to type on.
-Screw holding RAM door on was very easily stripped. Was able to remove with a screw extractor.
Update: 33 days after purchase I thought the Backspace and both Enter keys failed and was about to ship it to Fort Worth, TX for warranty repair. But before returning the product I decided to re-install factory software to verify it wasn't a "logic" issue. Keys are all fine now and I'm back to loving this computer.
This is a great buy for the $. Love the I5 cpu, wish the HD was 7200prm or SSD but for less than $800 it would be hard to find that. The screen is quite nice and bright, does a great job with different media. Onboard graphics can be pretty bad sometimes but I have to say that its not the case here. The other thing I found quite surprising was just how light it is. For a 15.6 laptop i have to say its quite light and really portable.
If your looking for a decent laptop that you use for school, media, surfing and want to be able to travel easy with it this could be for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This machine, though rated highly and packed with speedy processors, gets bogged down with windows 8 bloatware and the basic operating system. 8.1 is no better. Read morePublished on May 26, 2014 by zeke
This computer has been great so far. It gets a lot of use and still running strong. I love it.Published on February 13, 2014 by B. Gonzalez
This is the worst laptop I've ever had it never wants to load usually freezes during start up as soon as I enter my password. Read morePublished on February 12, 2014 by devilgurl666
Great Laptop compare quality price. Have a good performance and my kids are very happy with it. I recommend it to everybody.Published on December 21, 2013 by Roberto Jerez
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.