|Screen Size||14 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.7 GHz Core i5-3317U|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||750 GB hybrid_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Samsung Series 5 NP530U4C-A01US 14-Inch Ultrabook (Light Titan)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
1. Laptop Visually looks nice overall
2. Webcam works well
3. Laptop doesn't heat up too much
4. I haven't heard or am bothered by the fan
5. Ram is good. Videos, and multiple programs play well.
6. Laptop works well.
1. Touchpad is not in the center of the laptop. I suppose this is a new thing and common in modern ultrabooks but still unappealing; After working with a Giant Touchpad from an Apple MacBook Pro this is somewhat of a letdown. HOwever, it does work fine and the location is chosen off center because the location of the home row keys to aid in using the thumbs to browse with mouse. Overall Aesthetically center would be nice but practically with the layout of the keyboard and length of the laptop it would not be practical. So neutral there.
1. Laptop is filled with 3rd party Bloatware. This isn't too bad, though I spent a couple hours removing much of it.
2. Most Samsung programs are junk. A program to transfer files between Samsung PCs? Bah, not necessary. I kept a few of them, Samsung Easy Settings and Fast Boot are worth keeping.
3. NVidea Control Panel is Installed, but this laptop uses Intel Graphics 4000. No Graphics Card = Software has nothing to do = Waste of space.
4. Laptop sleeps often. I have to click several times to get it to wake up. Somewhat annoying but passable.
5. Can't open Laptop with one hand. The laptop is good in that it stays well-closed. Just opening it takes too hands due to the lightweight laptop itself.Read more ›
Computer performance is very good. It boots up quickly and restart from sleep is very fast. The touch pad works very smoothly, however the buttons are small and if your thumb hangs over onto the touch pad (mine does sometime), the touch pad doesn't work. The keys on the keyboard are sized and spaced correctly. However, they are very shallow which takes a little getting used to.
The computer is compact and very lightweight at just under 4 pounds. Even though the screen is smaller than my old laptop (16 inch Toshiba), it is very readable. I haven't ran the battery down fully, but I estimate the battery charge to last around five hours in performance mode. Power saver mode would obviously improve on that.
At this point I would not hesitate to recommend this computer.
UPDATED AGAIN: I returned it, got a replacement. I couldn't be more happy. Works just great. No problems. Terrific package and great performing computer. I did try out a similar featured Toshiba (R935) but the build quality and keyboard were really much worse, so the Samsung is a keeper (for now).
I selected this laptop because it was basically an ultrabook with an optical drive. Moreover it has a VGA port, two USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port, HDMI, huge hard drive (but not 7200 rpm). So incredibly versatile all in one package, and with the SSD as well, it boots up and resumes super fast. Almost like a Macbook :)
The negative reviews about the wireless problem gave me pause, but I bought the laptop anyway, and sure enough it dropped wireless connections like crazy. OK, I thought, I'll go on Samsung's website, then Intel's and get the latest driver for the Intel Centrino Advanced N6235 wireless adaptor. The version installed in my laptop when it arrived was 15.0 and on the Samsung web site was a version 22.214.171.124. On the Intel website, I could find 15.1.1, in the obvious place, and by searching on Google, I was able to find 15.2. This was in the right place on the Intel website, but under Windows 7, not Windows 7 (64 bit). The link for the Windows 7 drivers for this adaptor contains both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You can also install the Intel/PROSET program that can analyze your wireless behavior and provide diagnostics. But it did not help me yet.
None worked or solved the problem.Read more ›
First, the good:
-fairly fast for most common uses like internet browsing, watching streaming movies, microsoft Office Applications, etc.
-quiet key board (but not back-lit as many have pointed out)
-Large track pad (I consider this a plus, but if you tend to type with your wrists resting below the keyboard rather than hovering above it, then you may have issues with you wrists moving the mouse or clicking it - which several other reviewers have complained about)
-The screen resolution and size make it somewhat inappropriate for graphic design applications. It is a matte screen rather than a glossy screen. While that may sound great, one of the consequences is that the screen must be positioned exactly perpendicular to the viewer or else the colors will fade or darken when the screen is viewed at an angle.
-I don't think any gamers would gravitate to this PC given the specs and the screen size, but just to quell any possible suspicion - no, it's not ideal for gamers.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this computer and when I got it nothing worked. I returned it and they sent me another one which was worse. Read morePublished on May 26, 2014 by Cindy Marcus
I was looking forward to my Ultra 5 Series Samusung laptop after having major issues with Asus in the past. To my suprise, this laptop has been giving me trouble from day 1. Read morePublished on September 23, 2013 by Nina M.
I got this computer for my birthday back in Feb. and it works alright if you only use it for documents, but even with that, it gets bogged down easily and is constantly needing... Read morePublished on June 24, 2013 by JamesW.
The wi-fi didn't work at all when I first bought it. I applied the Windows updates and it worked sporadically. Eventually the wi-fi died completely. Read morePublished on May 23, 2013 by Frederick E. Ferguson
I bought one of these on May 18, 2013, a Samsung 14" 8GB Memory 750GB Hard Drive for $349.99 w/ Free Shipping (Best Buy Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Laptop). Read morePublished on May 22, 2013 by C. Le
The laptop looked nice and worked nicely for a while. After 3 months the keyboard started to show signs of cosmetic wear, which is unacceptable. Read morePublished on May 20, 2013 by happy_hornet
I have been using this laptop for 6 months with no problems. Its sleek, light weight and fast. The one problem I have is the wifi adapter. Read morePublished on April 18, 2013 by abaps
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.