|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|Processor||2.2 GHz i7-2675QM|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||1 TB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon HD 6750M|
|Wireless Type||802.11A, 802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Samsung Series 7 NP700Z5A-S0AUS 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Core i7 2675QM Processor 2.2GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM. Keyboard includes Number pad
- 1TB Hard Drive Capacity with ExpressCache Technology (8GB)
- 15.6-Inch Screen, AMD Radeon HD6750M (PowerXpress) Graphics
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The bad (some of these may only apply to certain types of users):
1. No easily accessible compartment is visible for a hard drive. Meaning replacing/upgrading the hard drive is not a simple task as it is on some laptops.
2. Like another reviewer said, the buttons for the trackpad are invisible. Assume a customer never reads a manual/skips all tutorials and this can be confusing at first. I had to disable the feature of being able to tap the touchpad to register as a mouse click since by sometimes clicking the actual button would register as a double click.
3. The integrated graphics/gpu switching is confusing. I wish I could force the Radeon GPU somehow. Furmark was reporting that it was still relying on the Intel HD graphics even though I had it flagged for performance mode. That was prior to the Feb 20 drivers on Samsung's site though, need to retest.
1. Thank Thor, the screen is great. Matte is how laptop screens should be. The trend of glossy screens needs to end.
2. After installing your own un-branded version of Windows, all you have to do to get your function keys working is install the Easy Settings software from Samsung. I don't mind this since the software is actually pretty useful. This is a pleasant surprise since most manufacturer-branded software is garbage.
3. Alright, I'm actually going to mention the Easy Settings software. It's surprisingly fast and useful.Read more ›
1) Chiclet keyboard. It isn't bad by any means, but I prefer the keyboard on my old Dell Inspiron for typing. On the plus side, the number pad is very handy (note: the photos on Amazon as of the date of this review do not accurately reflect the keyboard layout; but then, the photos at Samsung.com don't either).
2) The track pad is a little annoying; as others have noted, the buttons are hidden under the pad, with the result that you will often accidentally double-click when trying to left-click, or move the cursor when you are trying to right-click. I've never been a big fan of track pads anyway though, so I ordered a new wireless mouse at the same time as I ordered the laptop. The track pad is certainly good enough to be useful, it just takes some getting used to.
3) Video switching between integrated and discrete graphics didn't work well out of the box. Following an update it seems to be better. Though be warned, said driver update is over 700 megabytes; I'm not sure how they manage to make it 4 times the size of the unified driver update (for AMD's desktop discrete graphics), but probably not practical if you don't have high speed internet available (and the update site is rather slow, I was only getting ~300 KB/s on a connection capable of 1.5 MB/s).
4) The screen looks great (and it's matte!), but does have very limited viewing angles, particularly in the vertical direction.
There are also some great features:
1) Sleek, beautiful design.Read more ›
Let me begin by saying that this laptop deserves a 5 rating, but that I almost never give a 5 stars rating.
I was asked to suggest a good laptop for someone who does extensive international travel and after some serious research decided on this one; the user of the laptop is extremely happy with it. I spent some time with this device configuring it after its purchase and I am simply impressed. I will list the positive and the negatives that I have noticed in my interaction with this laptop.
Let me warn people to be very cautious when reading the reviews on this laptop, as many Apple fanboys and other web opinion generating teams are giving it bad reviews without actually using or owning the product. To determine the credibility level of some of the negative reviewers of this product check the numbers of reviews they have given in the past and the amount of time they have been reviewing. You will notice that many of the one star reviewers actually created their accounts less than two weeks prior to reviewing this product and have less than 3 reviews on Amazon. This is highly suspicious and smells of fraud.
Solid, great keys, the touch pad is very responsive and not the obstacle some have claimed. The back lit keys are very useful and the lighting makes typing in the dark a pleasure. The resolution of the screen is extremely adequate, but not excessive,(remember that the retina display which incidentally is manufactured by Samsung is not a useful feature in say, watching movies), and for reading text and looking at images the resolution of this screen, 1600 x 900, is extremely adequate.
Extremely powerful and fast.
Well priced.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this laptop since 2011. This laptop, even for being five years old, is working very fast with a couple of improvements I made recently. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Laptop itself is fantastic, strong CPU, GPU and memory. The only issue is that the touchpad is jumpy and difficult to use. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Timothy Nilon
This notebook is not worth investing for. As a student who studied computer science, I thought I was making a reasonable choice at the time of purchase, considering many of its... Read morePublished 8 months ago by ib
The Samsung 7 has been my workhorse for almost 4 years now and has hummed along barely missing a beat. Read morePublished 8 months ago by VanAa
Love this laptop, it is powerful and sleek, and I have absolutely no regrets in buying it. The screen is beautiful and it is fast. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Winnie
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.