|Screen Size||15 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900|
|Processor||1.9 GHz Core i7-3517U|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C-A03US 15-Inch Ultrabook (1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 7 Professional) Ash Black
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
fyi - you must change the power setting via the Control Panel power settings, the Samsung provided Easy Systems Settings does not allow you to change the wifi power setting.
More and more, computer marketing is all about mass market appeal and has moved away from technical specs, but technical specs DO still matter, ESPECIALLY in ultrabooks, which thanks to improved Intel graphics in Ivy Bridge are right on the cusp of being able to play modern games (albeit at lower settings). Nobody cares about paying more for 10-15% extra performance on desktops anymore, but that can make a huge difference in an ultrabook if you suddenly get the urge to use it like a real computer, and is worth a premium IMO. And the specs on this Series 9 model A03 should ensure such a performance advantage over most other ultrabooks on the market.
This model of the Series 9, the NP900X4C-A03US, simply has it all:
* 256GB SSD (most models have either a hybrid SSD/HDD, or only 128GB SSD)
* 8GB RAM (the number of ultrabooks on the market offering options with >4GB is woefully small).
* Decent screen resolution of 1600x900 that's a nice fit for a 15" screen.
* Core i7 CPU
I think most people can grasp the benefits of the first 3 items (which are clearly significant and may be enough to pay extra for just the bigger SSD and RAM alone), but there are significant benefits of the i7-3517U processor that's offered in this model, over the i5-3317U that's offered in the lower-end A01 and A02 models (and most other ultrabooks).
1.7 GHz base clock frequency
2.6 GHz max turbo clock frequency
3 MB cache
1050 MHZ max Gfx clock frequency
1.9 GHz base clock frequency (12% faster)
3.Read more ›
1. DC jack
2. LCD assembly
3. USB Board
5. Top housing
- The Keyboard was leaving an oily residue on the LCD screen, which would build up over several days and needed to be wiped off. The Intelisol technician told me this was due to the keyboard sitting too high. BTW a samsung customer service rep, who was completely clueless initially told me this was no problem.
- The USB ports would occasionally fail
- I noticed the brightness and volume controls would often not work when the computer was woken up from sleep.
- FYI for those having difficulty with the touchpad, I'm told the early shipments had a Symantec touchpad assembly which was defective. The later shipments have an Elan assembly which has not had problems.
- I'm thankful Intelisol has been so easy to work with (unlike Samsung), and on my request they are keeping the computer for a few extra days to make sure the oily residue doesn't build up on the screen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good but not excellent. the weak place - is video card, it is internal. if it would have external video card - would set 5!Published 11 months ago by Alexandr
Still using it right now, Best purchesed I made this decade.Published 14 months ago by Ricky A Chin
The fast machine on the market! Ultrabook is the way to go, Samsung is the way to go, the fast boot-up from powering on!Published 21 months ago by Vernell Burris Jr
Best laptop I've ever had. Wished they still made them like this - I'd by a few more!Published 23 months ago by J. DeMoss
Received and stripped everything off and loaded only what I need. This unit is slim and fast!
It was delivered much earlier than I expected, and that was a very pleasant... Read more
I sent my laptop in for repair to Samsungs repair team in Texas. They replaced the motherboard at $600 then returned the laptop to me with NO SSD drive. Read morePublished on May 6, 2014 by Lucky
Great machine. Perfect for traveling. Very light and awesome performance thanks to the flash HDD. I never had any issue with Hardware or Software. Read morePublished on April 28, 2014 by Ralph A Abbate
Shipped as promised. Mouse pad was dead on arrival; otherwise a good Windows 7 computer. Others' comments on the poor power cord connection are accurate.Published on April 23, 2014 by Mo from Santa Fe
Ultra fast service, product as describe, excellent communication, excellent service..... hope to buy more things in near future
Will recommend 100%
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.