|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
Samsung P2770HD 27-Inch 1920x1080 5ms 16.7M LCD HDTV Monitor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A built-in digital TV tuner and digital device support lets you connect your monitor to your computer, cable / satellite box, blu-ray player or gaming system. HDMI and 1080p support ensure the highest resolution possible.
- 100 x 100mm VESA Mount Standard HDTV Tuner Mac Compatible
- Dolby Digital Plus, SRS TruSurround HD, 5.1 optical SPDIF out and integrated 3Wx2 stereo speakers bring every sound to life.
- 1 VGA Input 1 HDMI Input 1 Component Input1 Composite Input 1 Audio Input1 D-sub Input (15 pin)
- 56W Power Consumption; < 2W Standby PowerBasic Stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I repeat, this unit is perfect as a PC Monitor using HDMI cable!
*** Before you read on, I'm assuming you have connected this to your PC using HDMI cable and you have the LATEST video card drivers for your PC. Don't even bother with the SAMSUNG drivers yet. You don't need those at the moment. Set your resolution to 1920x1080 before starting (if your video card can support it, most does!)
Here's what you do: (and you can do this while you're PC is ON up so you can see the display change right before your eyes!)
1. Open MENU
2. Go to "Input"
3. Select "Edit Name" to open up the "Edit Name" sub menu.
4. Scroll down to "HDMI" and select it, (watch carefully)
5. Now assign "PC" or "DVI PC" to the HDMI setting and voila!!!
*** I'm not sure what this setting is for, I thought it was just to give it some "name" assignment. But somehow changing this corrected the blurry/blocky text effect.
After this, your PC display should be perfect.Read more ›
The only thing this TV/monitor is missing is picture-in-picture. That would make it a true hybrid, but at this price point, the features and quality are more than acceptable.
I calculated that 27" (at 1080P) was the maximum screen size that would retain the resolution quality of my previous monitors.
I'm exceptionally pleased with this unit. The size is just right for displaying two full-size windows simultaneously, side-by-side. Graphics and text are sharp and colors are great.
I was a bit apprehensive about some of the negative review comments. However, I think that negative comments (that are mixed with many positive comments), are often a result of an individual user's incorrect set-up or other factors relating to his/her unique situation.
So I moved ahead because of the many highly positive reviews and my confidence in Samsung based on previous experience. I'm glad I did.
Noting the comments about adverse effects from using HDMI connection for monitor use, I used a DVI cable. The resulting images could not be better.
My use is almost entirely as a monitor, but I concluded that the flexibility of having a hybrid unit such as this was well worth the small additional cost.
The TV function is as good as the monitor function. I can receive the local network channels in HD, without another cable box that would be required for HD reception of all other channels.
I also have a TV tuner card (standard definition) in my PC that enables me to have a small window open with, e.g., CNN playing in the corner of the screen, while in PC mode. Using the same graphics card as previously, and even in standard def, the picture is superior to what it was on my previous monitors.Read more ›
- Intended use: a PC monitor (not a HD tv).
- Diversity of signal hookups on this monitor: VGA, DVI, HDMI, Component Video, RCA, RCA & Digital audio
- Size: 27"
- Recommendation: the Costco floor personnel in the TV department told me that they use to have this monitor displayed in the TV aisle rather than the PC monitor aisle. In the TV aisle, they would broadcast signal and Dvd pictures through it. It was not uncommon that customers would rate this monitor's picture as better than many of the other monitors. This satisfied my need to occasionally watch DVDs or videos on my computer.
I initially hooked this monitor up using the VGA connection to see how it would look. It was actually very good - much better than my 24" Acer that it was replacing. Text was brilliant, smooth, and clear. Very impressive.
I decided to add a dedicated video card to my Windows 7 PC to add HDMI support (my integrated video card on my motherboard did not support a HDMI connection). I added the Galaxy GeForce GT 430 in my PCI-Express slot. I then hooked up this monitor to the HDMI connection on my new video card. After installation, I observed what many have seen using the HDMI connection: text was not clear and smooth like on the VGA connection.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dead after 5 years of very little use. Monitor displays raibow vertical lines.Published 9 months ago by enzo
Just bought a new laptop, and hooked up trusty P2770H. Desktop is wider than the screen, and the monitor menus don't work with Windows 10. Read morePublished 12 months ago by MrSteve
Well, for those who complain about the 'horrid sound' not being loud enough, take this from a veteran concert-goer, mostly of rock concerts, sub-genre metal, please let me say this... Read morePublished 16 months ago by JTP2284
NICE AND BIG!!!! I use it as a TV!!! I spend more time on this than my 55 inch plasma HD TV. Picture is crisp and sharp although the reviews claimed to have a green tint??? Read morePublished 19 months ago by jay31
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.