Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz 204-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory Module RAM. Model M471B5273DH0-CK0
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 6, 2015
That's the way it is when stuff works the way it's supposed to on the first try and you never have trouble with it. It's in the Lenovo Thinkpad R500 I'm using right now.

I like boring computer parts. I can spend my time using the computer, instead of trying to figure out why it doesn't work.
on June 22, 2015
Beware! I bought this item and they sent me the wrong model twice! Instead of a M471B5273DH0-CK0 they sent me a M471B5173QH0-YK0 it's the PC3L one.. After checking with a friend he said that it should be fine. But before settling in with this one be sure to do a memory test for the ram as the first one they sent me was causing my laptop to not boot! Be smart and test out your ram with memtest86
on February 4, 2014
This is a cheap upgrade for the Samsung Series 7/Ativ Book 7 (NP740U3E) which only comes with one 4GB SODIMM DDR3 1600 from the factory. However, most NP740U3E models can be upgraded because the memory is not soldered onto the motherboard and it has 2 memory slots. *Please note I think there is one international model that only has one memory slot because it has dedicated graphics.

This memory is identical to the one that came with my Series 7, so there are no compatibility issues. Besides, Samsung makes the majority of the industry's memory anyway, so compatibility problems is probably relatively low regardless of what brand you go with. The memory came enclosed in a sealed static free pouch like it should.

I had a little lag before when using apps like Photoshop or Adobe Premier and didn't know if it was the 3rd gen I5 3337u or 4gb of RAM that was causing the bottleneck. After the upgrade, it seems fairly safe to say it was the lack of memory because I've had zero lag.

Bottom line, 4gb is a little lacking with today's modern apps, which is why I recommend 8gb or more. Also, it's memory and hard for you to have issues or problems; you'll know if you got a bad stick. Most of the time when my friends have had problems with memory, it's because the two sticks weren't matching (e.g. 4gb stick paired with 8gb stick; 1600 MHz paird with 1866 MHz; etc)

Probably a longer review than needed for memory. MUST HAVE UPGRADE IF YOU OWN A SAMSUNG SERIES 7/ATIV BOOK 7 NP740U3E
on December 5, 2015
I bought this to double the RAM of my Samung Ativ Book 7 (NP740U3E). Installing the stick took around ten minutes and wasn't difficult at all. Windows and Linux Mint detected the memory with no problems and my system is now much smoother when I have a lot of applications and browser tabs open.

There's not much you can say about RAM apart from compatibility and stability. So far, I haven't had any issues with either.
on July 3, 2015
Update: I ordered a second item for a second PC and it also worked exactly as it should. I am still happy with my purchases
------
Works well, no issues. I wish the description was a little clearer as I ended up with the 1.5V RAM and not the 1.35V ram I was expecting, but that was my issue when I ordered.
on December 27, 2014
Competitively priced, fast delivery, easy installation, and when I restarted the computer, everything worked, and the new RAM was recognized with no problems. This gave about a 20% increase in speed once everything is loaded on my Windows 7 computer by installing this RAM. I went from the standard memory of 4gb to 8gb on my Toshiba Laptop.

It's been a little over a month, and still no glitches with the RAM at all. Outa sight, outa mind..
on March 23, 2015
I bought this to add ram to my Fiancee's laptop. I purchased this RAM stick because it is the same model that was already in her laptop.
She now has double the ram and it works perfect with no issues.
on September 15, 2014
it was very great works as intended seems very dependable .I would recommend seller to others and will buy again thank you very much using in Compaq amd core laptop works great now 5.5 index score have a great day
on March 25, 2014
This is my first review ever on any items I've purchased online. As well as I am quite the beginner when it comes to laptops and upgrading them. But with the help from plenty of reviews online I was able to make an informed decision.

I recently purchased the Samusng ativ book 7 Ultrabook and I am very satisfied with the way the laptop is built. To me it feels like a high end ultrabook compared to a lot of other laptops out there. I read up on numerous reviews before making the purchase and the thing that excited me was the ability to upgrade the RAM. The ultrabook is already very fast without any upgrades with only 4GB RAM built in so I thought it really couldn't get it any faster. After reading up on how to upgrade the laptop I thought I would take a shot at it and purchase this 4GB RAM stick to make it dual channel to match with what is already installed. Plus its a super easy install especially when following some youtube videos.

Boy oh boy!! I didn't think I would be able to tell the difference. It did not take long for me to see the difference first hand. All in all the response from turning it on, to opening apps, to typing, to saving documents, etc. has been unbelievable. I couldn't be happier with the purchase of the Samsung 4GB RAM nor happier with a different laptop. Most ultrabooks wont allow you to upgrade the hardware inside but with the Samsung ativ book 7 you can turn this puppy into something that will rival most ultrabooks in the market today. I would highly recommend upgrading your RAM and the Samsung ativ book 7 Ultrabook if you are shopping around. You can't go wrong with this purchase.

I hope that helps you make a decision. Thanks!
on July 2, 2015
Love the zippy speed of my new SSD. There was absolutely no SSD prep required. I fitted the SSD into my Inspiron 7520 laptop as the primary drive, put the Dell Windows 7 reinstallation disc in the CD/DVD, turned laptop on, changed boot sequence to CD/DVD, and presto - Windows 7 started installing immediately. Laptop does a complete restart (from fully running to shutdown to back to up and fully running again) in less than a minute! Very happy indeed.