- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN50C450 50-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV (Black) (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear Image Panel
- Game Mode and SRS TruSurround HD
- E3-panel single filter design
- Mega Dynamic Contrast
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards
- Game Mode
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: PN50C450
- Display Technology: Plasma
- Display Size: 50 inches
- Display Height: 31 inches
From the Manufacturer
The new PN50C450 PDP flat panel HDTV by Samsung offers great value and features smartly wrapped in an attractive and accented "piano key black" cabinet. Add 600 Hz subfield motion technology, 3 advanced HDMI inputs that feature our Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology making system control of your DVD or Blu-ray Disc player a one-touch operation. New for 2010, all of Samsung's plasmas feature our new E3-panel single filter design that delivers improved performance, meets the new ENERGY STAR power consumption specifications, and eliminates off-angle blur making the sharpest of details like scrolling text easier to see and read. Experience the performance of Samsung's new 50-inch plasma HDTV that's both easy on the wallet and the environment.
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- 600 Hz subfield motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Response time: A fast .001ms response time optomizes fast motion video content.
- Built-in digital tuner: no external box needed.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: PDP Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Clear Image Panel: Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images
and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- ConnectShare JPEG: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- HDMI: 3
- USB: 1
- PC Input: 1
- TV without stand: 47.3 x 28.4 x 2.7 inches (WxHxD); 51.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 47.3 x 31.0 x 11.2 inches (WxHxD); 56.2 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I picked up my PN50C450 on Friday March 19th from BestBuy after months of research. In general I don't make purchases from BestBuy. I did the "purchase online / pick up in store" option and was very satisfied (I avoid sales people whenever possible :>). Sorry for the long review but it took me 4-5 months of research to pull the trigger on this TV. Here are my impressions.
Instructions on the box for removing the TV were clear. After a quick look at the assembly instructions (and sending my kids upstairs to play for 20 minutes) I screwed on the mounting bracket to the base. Just as I read on other reviews these screws did NOT go in easy. Samsung needs to address this as it doesn't instill confidence in the product when the first step in assembly has a minor glitch. Had a bit of a time getting the TV to lineup with the bracket (my issue not the TV). Put in the last 4 screws in the back and those went in much easier. Took a step back and looked at it, "dude that thing is huge" (large smile on my face)
Now the moment of truth......IS IT GOING TO BUZZ? I powered it on and........not a sound to be heard... totally silent! For a second I thought maybe I didn't power it on but the little "musical tone" went off indicating that it was on. This was my #1 concern with all the things I read about buzzing. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I just can't hear a buzz or maybe it's not as much as an issue as everyone keeps saying? Sure, I stuck my head behind the TV over the next few days and really tried to listen for a buzzing sound. I found if I got on a stool and put my ear really close to the top of the TV (careful it gets hot) I could hear the sound of "electricity" same as my old CRT TV. IN SHORT NO BUZZING.Read more ›
There's a lot of chatter about these Samsung plasmas having an annoying buzzing sound coming from them but I have yet to notice it. Maybe I just got lucky with mine but it runs very quietly.
Picture - all in store picture settings so probably not apples to apples, but I noticed considerably more sharpness in the LCD than either of the two plasmas. However, colors looked deeper and "popped" more on both of the plasmas vs the LCD. The 1080p plasma unit was a tad sharper than the c450, particularly noticeable when viewing up-close and when it showed black lettering on a white background. You could see a smoother edge on the lettering in the 1080p set at close distances. In my home, broadcast HDTV (I use an antenna for locals, I do not have cable/dish) looks fantastic on the c450. Analog signals even look passable, and better than my 32 in Vizio LCD. I do not yet have a Blu-ray player; a PS3 is in my near future, but I do hook up a PC to the TV occasionally (Hulu,etc is my cheap cable). How the PC and blu-ray would look were my main 720p vs 1080p concerns. The PC looks great; I expect no problems with blu-ray. Regular DVD looks fine. I relied on multiple professional and private reviews noting that the difference between 720 and 1080p is minimal at a 50' size, unless you are close (less than 8 feet)to the set.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
About 6 months after buying it the screen has a line down the left side. I got use to it and had the tv 3 years now Besides that it's a good tv!Published 20 months ago by clint p
Bought this Plasma in 2011 and have been very happy with it until recently a green vertical line appeared in the middle of the screen running from the top all the way to the... Read morePublished on June 12, 2014 by Gary Longfellow
I bought my Samsung TV because i like the way the picture looks real and its easy to control the menu. Read morePublished on March 24, 2014 by Herbert Wilson
We owned this TV for 2 years before the vertical green line appeared. Not happy as it was rather distracting. Read morePublished on January 16, 2014 by Andrew Tibbetts
The reason I said this because the firmware for this TV actually ruins it. Unfortunantly I did a firmware upgrade after warranty and it ruined it (ghost image burn). Read morePublished on September 1, 2013 by Reynaldo K. Tong
This Samsung TV is real good . Picture for 720P resolution excellant . Will recommend it to others. Only drawback is it does not have anti glare deflective screen.Published on August 18, 2013 by David 1953
bought it at Fry's Marketplace 2009...I will never buy another Samsung product. Since day one the picture has red clouds in the screen. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by ArizonaSue
This $800.00 TV failed after only 2 1/2 years which is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. I could accept 4 or 5 years, but not 2 1/2 years. Read morePublished on February 27, 2013 by MachI69