- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN50C490 50-Inch 720p Plasma 3D HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Installation of 1 customer-supplied TV mounting bracket
- Securing the TV and load testing the hardware
- Cord concealment within provider-supplied cover
- TV cannot be mounted above a fireplace
- TV mounting is for drywall only
- Mounting brackets requiring assembly by the pro may result in a revised estimate
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast
- E3-panel single filter design
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards
- Game Mode
- Clear Image Panel
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung3D plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN50C490, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 50 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.
Top customer reviews
I have had this television for about 6 days now May 4th 2011, I have watched movies on the TV and the picture looks great. I have a subscription to DirecTV and I get full 1080p on this set even though it is listed at a 720p set. All of my HD content is beautiful and top notch quality. This is my 3rd HDTV but my first plasma screen. I couldn't really go wrong here for the price and the screen size I think I got away with a steal. I paid $678 and no taxes and got free shipping! I am very happy with the size of this television this set is huge at 50 inches! I have an Xbox 360 and I have played games on this television and I must say that the picture quality is Amazing but I haven't tried gaming in 3D mode yet. I have 2 pairs of glasses that I just ordered today on the way, and I will update this post when I try my first at home 3D experience. I had movie night with the family and I got complements for the set, my mother in law said that I have a movie theatre at home and it was beautiful which made me feel good about my purchase. The television has a beautiful stainless steel base along with a piano black bezel. The only complaint I have is with the TV is the glass screen, I have 3 large sized windows in my living room and I find that during the day viewing is not too good. The screen reminds me of a mirror because everything reflects off of it during daytime viewing.
I am going to have to invest in some black out curtains in the near future to solve this issue which is no big deal for me. But when watching TV at night the colors are so vibrant and beautiful. I was watching Nickelodeon and Disney with my daughter and the colors on the cartoons were amazing. But one thing I did notice is that on specific channels that the channel logos seem to burn onto the screen. At first I thought that I had ruined the set but after watching other programming for about 10 minutes the screen had cleared up so I am very paranoid with watching channels with logos but 75 percent of channels have logos. The networks with the transparent logos don't pose a problem at all for the TV. The TV has 2 Component, 3 HDMI 2 in the back one on the side. 1 USB for streaming outside media and updates, 1 optical out and some other ports. I think that it's the only drawback of this is that you will have to buy another component to bridge all your wiring if you have a lot of electronic components. Also when scaling with a computer the resolution is fine but it would be nicer if you could view at a higher resolution. Well I think this will conclude my review!
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this same TV from Crutchfield's "Scratch and Dent" Dept for $639.Read more
I recently purchased a 46 inch Sony Bravia 120hz LED LCD I thought it was...Read more