- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN50C550 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear Image Panel
- Reduce glare with E-Panel Technology
- E3-panel single filter design
- Mega Dynamic Contrast
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards
- Game Mode
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Samsung's new PN50C550 plasma flat panel HDTV is a refinement of our commitment to design, performance, and cost of ownership. It's 50-inch of 1080p Full HD picture performance is the perfect fit for most rooms. The attractive Touch of Color design adds a subtle clear-to-charcoal gray accent to the set's bezel. Enjoy brilliant, film-like images in Full HD resolution. Samsung's breakthrough mega dynamic contrast ratio offers a more accurate color tonal range, deeper blacks and shadow details. The new E3-Panel technology featuring our innovative Clear Image Panel technology reduces off-angle blur and glare in brighter rooms and delivers a better picture while using less energy. Add 4 advanced HDMI inputs with Samsung's Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology makes system control of compatible A/V devices like a Blu-ray player or HTIB system a one-touch operation. Experience Full 1080p HD performance on Samsung's new C550 series plasma HDTVs, it's easy on the wallet and easy on the environment.
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- 600 Hz subfield motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- 1080p Full HD Resolution: enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Response time: A fast .001ms response time optomizes fast motion video content.
- Built-in digital tuner: no external box needed.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: PDP Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Clear Image Panel: Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images
and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- DLNA enabled
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- HDMI: 4
- USB: 1
- PC Input: 1
- TV without stand: 47.8 x 28.8 x 2.8 inches (WxHxD); 52.9 pounds
- TV with stand: 47.8 x 33.1 x 10.6 inches (WxHxD); 62.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
But, tweaking the picture a bit is where this set shines the most. When researching, I came across a site that offered a list of picture control settings for the "B" version. Since this is really the same panel, I factored it into my buying decision accordingly. Especially since the settings were said to be obtained with a Sencore color analyzer (about a $10,000 pro device for calibrating video displays and is the sort of thing used by the Imaging Science Foundation - ISF.Read more ›
I've mounted mine on the wall using a mount from monoprice and it's now it's like the home theater I always wanted. Great picture from about 10' viewing distance. For under $1200, I feel like I stole this set. If your looking, make sure you give this one a try.
One last thing is to READ the manual. there are a few tips inside that are priceless. One is that the "pixal orbiter" that prevents burn in requires a certain setting (can't remember it exactly since I set it up and forgot it).Read more ›
Screen is very glossy and reflective. So if you have an open room or windows behind your seat, I would not recommend this tv. I have been a big fan of Samsung products from cell phone, monitor, refrigerator, LCD TV and my last purchase a plasma tv is very disappointing. However, I hope their tech support will do something about it to make the buzzing less apparent. My first LCD tv purchased also do make the buzzing noise but since I bought Best Buy extended warranty, they took care of it by replacing the power supply board or something which I was not quite sure but since then the buzz was gone.
Samsung has to really make their plasma better in my opinion by minimizing their buzz issue otherwise a lot of people will be very disappointed. Boo....Samsung plasma!!
I will post an update once I have hear back from their ECR dept. to see what they plan to do to resolve this issue but my guess most likely they will say it is normal by doing the 15 feet test listening at normal volume.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Okay, so here's why we got a 3 star rating: We bought it and it did just fine for like 3 years. Then, it got a bunch glowing green horizontal lines... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Josh Gulley
Wonderful TV, but developed bright thin vertical lines near center-screen after two years of moderate use. Read morePublished on June 24, 2014 by Tim Wiggins
I actually bought this TV in 2010. I had wanted to upgrade from my 32 inch LCD that I had in my bed room in an apartment to larger TV for my living room when I moved in with my... Read morePublished on September 16, 2013 by J. M. Timlin
Samsung had a winner on their hands with this TV. The price was great and the picture was even better... For the first couple of years. Read morePublished on July 7, 2013 by Spatch359
Purchased August 2010. Great TV until April 2013. I recommend a web-search of "Samsung Plasma TV Black Horizontal Lines". Read the discussions and make an informed decision. Read morePublished on April 15, 2013 by HMRRSQ
Love this TV! Have it in my basement hooked to my Samsung Blu-ray player and surround sound. Picture is great and we love watching movies down there. Read morePublished on January 2, 2013 by John T.
Problems with playing media files from a USB stick and via wireless. Sound often lags, when re-starting a movie previously paused and switched off, fast forward does not work at... Read morePublished on December 24, 2012 by EugeneNJ
I do not write reviews. But I could not restrain myself in this case. After having this TV for 2 years, the screen made a pop sound and cracked while I was watching it. Read morePublished on August 11, 2012 by C. Scaffidi