- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR standard
- Crystal Full HD Engine with Cinema Smooth
- 1080p Full HD resolution
- Touch of Color
- 3D Experience, BD Wise
- Touch of Color(TM)
- Crystal Full HD Engine with Cinema Smooth(TM)
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR® standard
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: PN50C8000
- Display Technology: Plasma
- Display Size: 50 inches
- Display Height: 31.8 inches
From the Manufacturer
Samsung's new C8000 series Plasma flat-panel HDTVs represents our best design innovations and performance found in our 2010 line of Plasma TVs. First impressions begin with an elegantly styled brushed metal gray cabinet that measures a mere 1.5-inch deep. Lighter in weight, more efficient than our previous designs, our feature innovations offer a more powerful SAMSUNG SMART TV with customizable access to Internet content, a convenient homenetworking capability via its DLNA standard connectivity, a high-speed USB port, and the new 3D HDTV viewing experience with optional Samsung 3D glasses. Picture performance refinements are aimed at delivering a very natural, film-like, highly detailed picture with deep black levels and brighter colors. Features also include Samsung's Cinema Smooth processing, Motion Judder Canceller and Real Black Filter. Sit back and enjoy the C8000 series Plasma HDTVs with a smartly designed brushed metal- wrapped remote controller.
Stunning ultra-slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box)
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- 3D HD: Samsung 3D technology makes images leap off the screen– so you feel like you’re a part of the action. Sync up with our Samsung Blu-ray Player to experience movies in 3D on your TV – and enjoy more TV broadcasts in stunning 3D, coming soon.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr
and more – all on your HDTV.
- Content Library (Flash Memory): stores limited amount of pictures and video for playback.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Clear Image Panel: A reflection-reducing coating on the inside of the panel virtually
eliminates picture distortion.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your components for the best picture and sound quality.
- Ultra Slim Design
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- 1080p Full HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- E3-Panel single-filter design: Delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- FilterBright Antiglare: Minimizes reflections and glare caused by ambient light.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- 1080p Full HD Motion: Delivers better resolution with less blurring during faster motion sports, movies and games.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Crystal Full HD Engine: Images of incredible clarity are achieved by the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine chip. By unifying all of the TVs advanced imaging technologies, the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine expands performance, enhances all aspects of the image, and takes picture quality and image integrity to new levels of excellence.
- Motion Judder Canceling: Samsung's Motion Judder Canceller virtually eliminates blurring, even with fast-moving images. Whether you're watching action films or sporting events, you won't miss a second of the action.
- Real Black Filter: The Samsung Real Black Filter reduces the onscreen glare caused by external light, so every black shadow and dark detail is as crisp and well defined as possible.
- Cinema Smooth: Cinema Smooth lets you enjoy the unbelievably smooth, realistic action in every frame.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR standards: Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.4
- USB: 2
- PC Input: 1 - back
- Stand-by Power Consumption < 1watt
Component: 2 - back
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multi-channel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Component Video Inputs: 2 – Backside
- Digital Audio: 1 – Backside
- PC Audio Input: 1 – Backside
- TV without stand: 47.7 x 29.5 x 1.4 inches (WxHxD); 54.0 pounds
- TV with stand: 47.7 x 31.8 x 8.9 inches (WxHxD); 63.5 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
One thing that is not often publicized for some reason is the fact that plasma's are not even close to as bright as newer LCD models. This worried me a little.
But when I got it; it took some tweaking but I was able to get exactly the color/brightness I wanted for normal viewing and 3d viewing. All 3d glasses are tinted so it's good to have a very bright setting for when you view 3d.
Electronics review websites always talk about how plasmas can do extreme blacks. I set it to where the blacks are on the darkest setting. Honestly I was surprised that the blacks are not all that dark (note this is my first plasma I'm not comparing it with other plasmas). The 8000 series LED LCD Samsungs seem about the same when it comes to blacks, of course I have not seen both inside my living room environment so I can't make a perfect comparison. I don't actually care; either tv would be dark enough for me. I just thought I'd point this fact out.
The primary reason I bought a plasma over a 8000 series LCD has nothing to do with price or darkness levels, it was for superior 3d viewing. 1.) Less eye strain. I have read on more than one electronics site and electronics magazines that the 600hz viewing of plasmas (and the way the image is drawn on the screen) has been proven to provide less eye strain for 3d viewing. 2.) Viewing angle is always better for plasma over LCD. (This is important for 3d because loss of lighting and clarity is a big deal when you are already limited by the glasses.) 3.) Clearly there is a issue with mixing LCD tech with 3d since if you tilt your head the image splits apart.Read more ›
With all that in mind, we visited the local retailers to see the 2010 models from each. Both manufacturers top of the line plasma sets are now 3D models. Not a big selling point for us, but we do want the best 2D image quality possible. The Panasonic models are the TCP50VT25 and the TCP50VT20. We evaluated these with a Planet Earth Blu Ray as well as the feeds in the stores. In Samsung, it came down to the Samsung PN50C8000 and the similar PN50C7000. The 8000 offers a different black level adjustment and motion dejudder adjustments.
We were impressed by the Panasonics. A definite improvement over our 2008 model. Better blacks and a very clean image.
But we decided on the Samsung PN508000C. The Black levels on this set are stunning! The anti-reflective screen is far superior to the Panasonic. It makes the blacks so "present" that the 2D images create incredible depth in the image.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't buy anything made by samsung. I had this samsug tv last 1 week past warranty. Check out others, who say the same. I will never buy a samsung product again.... Read morePublished 15 months ago by James
Loved it until the blacks wet off and turned green. It started about 3 years in and has gotten worse and worse. It is about useless now. No love fromPublished 17 months ago by Thomas H. Buscaglia
I bought this TV in 2010. Since late 2014 I can report that I am happy with my LG 55UB9500. The well known (yet consistently denied by Samsung) problem of horizontal black lines... Read morePublished 18 months ago by GB
I bought this on Black friday heavily discounted, rate 7.5/10
I love this TV, have had it for a long time. Read more
I am cross posting this to warn people about this product and illustrate Samsung's integrity. It appears I am not the only one. Read morePublished on March 17, 2014 by craig spanza
We bought this TV November 2010 in a bundle which included a blueray player and 3D glasses. When the tv was less than 3 years old, we noticed a black line across the top 3rd of... Read morePublished on December 3, 2013 by rewrap
This television performs beautifully. It has the best TV picture I've seen. We've had it 2 and a half years. Read morePublished on September 21, 2013 by A. Maturin
The picture is perfect and the features are elegantly simple to use. From the it's thin frame and clean front to the sleek remote styling of this tv is also far above average. Read morePublished on June 12, 2013 by Knife Pro