Consider this available item
Samsung POWERbot R9020 Essential Robotic Vacuum
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Controller Type||Remote Control|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 10X more suction power* - Powerful suction delivers optimal cleaning results
- Visionary Mapping Plus and FullView Sensor - Creates optimal cleaning path and avoids obstacles
- CycloneForce Technology – More consistent power with less clogging*
- Easy Pass Wheels– Large wheels move smoothly over obstacles
- Combo Brush – Specially designed brush to pick up hair with less tangles
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Samsung POWERbot Essential Robotic Vacuum:
- Powerful Robotic Suction delivers optimal cleaning results.
- Creates optimal cleaning path and avoids obstacles.
- More consistent power with less clogging.
Samsung POWERbot Essential Robot Vacuum (VR2AJ9020UG)
Save time and effort by letting the Samsung POWERbot Essential handle the vacuuming for you. Powerful long lasting suction with smart technology provides optimal cleaning. Maximize cleaning coverage as it navigates your home with ease and avoids obstacles.
Powerful Robotic Suction
Delivers optimal cleaning results with incredible suction power.
Visionary Mapping Plus and FullView Sensor
Creates optimal cleaning path and avoids obstacles so you don't need to worry about furniture or objects on the floor. Onboard digital camera creates a complete map of your home, including walls, furniture and stairways.
Get consistent power with less clogging.** Cyclone fore system separates dust to keep the filter clean.
**Than our previous model.
Easy Pass Wheels
Large wheels move smoothly over obstacles. Transitions from hard floors to carpet with ease to provide the right type of cleaning action for whichever surface it's on.
Picks up pet hair with less tangles. Full 12 inch brush provides corner-to-corner coverage and deep carpet cleaning.
|POWERBOT Turbo (Ebony Copper)||POWERBOT (Airborne Copper)||POWERbot WiFi (Graphite Blue)||POWERbot Essential (Graphite Silver)|
|Suction Power||World's most powerful*||20X more powerful*||10X more powerful*||10X more powerful*||*Suction power tested on respective Samsung models in comparison with the top selling vacuum by the leading robot vacuum brand according to NPD, 2015.|
|Select and Go on App||✓|
|Visionary Mapping Plus||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Pass Wheels||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Motor Warranty||10 Years||10 Years||1 Year||1 Year|
Powerful robotic cleaning on carpets and hard floors the powerful Essential is a powerful robotic vacuum that cleans both carpets and hard floors. Its signature features include; powerful robotic vacuum, visionary mapping plus system, and cyclone force cleaning design. The powerful Essential boasts 10x more powerful suction than the leading Robot vacuum brand and its easy pass wheels roll over most obstacles without getting caught. You can use the included remote control to easily control all functions without touching the powerful! the visionary mapping plus system creates a complete map of your home to find the optimal cleaning path making cleaning very efficient. Furthermore, smart sensing uses ten sensor and onboard digital camera to minimize bumping into furniture and avoid obstacles.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
TL;DR version: A bit taller than most brands. Very, very smart AI. Good power, and cleans excellently. Best functionality for the price range in my opinion. For those that want more details, read on.
Let me start by saying that this is not our first robotic vacuum. We've been using robot vacuums in our home for over 10 years. (As I say that, it makes me feel so old...) We've used the major brands, mostly Roomba and have tried out the Neato line. This is, however, the first time we've tried Samsung's foray into the market.
We've used Roombas the most, and although the majority of the models have been bouncers (go forward until they hit something, then turn), they've worked well for us. Our experience with Neato was mixed. We loved the intelligent and efficient cleaning method, even though the bot often got confused and wouldn't dock, even just feet from its base. However, Neato's TERRIBLE customer service was far and away the worst part of the experience. The Samsung works more like the latter of the previous mentioned bots by plotting its course and being efficient. Here's what we've experienced over the last few weeks of use. Let's start with the Cons, then the Pros, then the interesting side notes.
= CONS =
- Height: Yes, It is taller than the average robot vacuum. This prevents it from fitting underneath our couch. The Roomba was the lowest of the 3 brands, whereas the Neato required us to get 1" feet pads from the couch. Even with this extra height, it's a bit too low for the Samsung to squeeze under.
- No Scheduling: This entry model does not have scheduling, and while that's a bit of a shame, it's not that hard to hit the "go" button with your foot in the morning as you walk out the door for work. Also, that's really only one of the few differences between it and the higher grade model. It's largely up to you to decide if spending a few extra hundred dollars is worth the convenience.
= PROS =
- Power: This thing sucks, literally. No, it is not as powerful as regular vacuum, but it does a good job. Contrast this to the older Roombas (not including the latest 2 models) where the Roomba simply "flicks" dust into its bin. The Neatos have pulling power, but it does not appear to be nearly as good as the Samsung which seems to do the best job of cleaning between the three major brands I've used to date.
- Efficiency: It does an extremely efficient pattern of cleaning. Think about the way you mow a lawn; this is how the bot works. It'll move from room to room as it finds a new space. Due to its back and forth nature, it may hit some rooms a few times, but now going in a different direction.
- Intelligent: This is where the bot stands apart... This vacuum is smart, very smart - even for the base model. Despite the fact that the documentation and manual say nothing about this, this bot KNOWS when it still has cleaning to do. If it does not hit our bedroom during the session before running out of battery, it charges, and then heads back out on its own once charging is complete. It will do this as many times as needed until it has FULLY cleaned the house. It cleans our house in 2 sessions most of the time and sometimes in just a single 1-hour run. I was not aware of this feature until after we purchased it, but it has it - and it works great.
- Remote: It seems fairly common for remotes (at least ones that let you manually control the vacuum) to be more of a feature for higher-grade models. A remote is included with this model, and that's great. It's helpful for cleaning a specific area if you want or better yet - let your kid drive it around for a while! Fun for them and cleans the house at the same time.
= OTHER =
- Volume: I read some reviews of people complaining about the loudness of the unit. This really surprised me. I found the unit to be quite quiet and on par with most other robotic vacuum brands. I think the Roomba is the quietest (earlier models not really using much suction, if any). The Samsung is about on par with the Neato. I don't think is any louder than I would expect - in fact it even has a quieter mode if needed. You can hit a button on the remote to turn it on quiet mode which (probably) reduces the suction, but lets it run at a very quiet volume.
- Dust Bin: Unlike the other brands, this one has a clear bin that is visible from the top. You might argue that it makes it less attractive, but I've found it handy to actually see how full it is without having to disturb the unit. It also is pretty fun to watch the pet hair spin around in there!
- Problem Solving: Something that the Neato really struggled with was finding its base. It would often spin around like a dog chasing its tail just feet away from the charging station until it gave up. The Samsung is very, very smart. When it finishes a room, it knows exactly how to get out, and beelines straight for the exit. When it can't find its charging base for some reason it heads to the nearest wall and goes around the entire house until it sees the signal. It is VERY smart.
If you got this far into the review, bravo, and thank you! I know it was lengthy, but I felt it deserved some serious info for those looking to purchase. Overall, I have to say that I am completely blown away by this unit. It is incredibly smart, very efficient, and does a really good job. To be fair, I have not used the latest generation of the Roomba (which has actual artificial intelligence), but it's going to have to be pretty special to impress me after this Samsung experience. If you want some of the other extra convenience features, you'll just have to decide if they are worth the price bump. As for me, this Samsung has converted me fully, and I hope they continue to create and improve upon their already fantastic design.