Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 233 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 249 reviews
on June 8, 2013
I've been wanting a new LED screen for a while and I stumbled upon this one. It has great vibrant color and a lot of customization features to boot. The Magic Upscale and Magic Angle are pretty cool, but they don't really make much of a difference to me as I'm using it mostly for gaming. I think the way to navigate the menus is rather intuitive but the nob (4-Direction, push to bring up menu) on the bottom underneath the Samsung Logo seemed to be an awkward place to put the controls. I wish it had a height adjustment so I could match it with the height of my ASUS monitor, but not really something I think it's worth docking any stars for. The screen does tilt upward though about 25~30 degrees from vertical position but does not tilt downwards. If the monitor happens to fail, pixels go dead or anything else, will update. Overall, happy with the screen and would recommend.
on November 15, 2013
Perfect! One of the few monitors with an HDMI input, very reasonably priced. It looks great on a desk, not too big or too small. The picture is absolutely phenomenal. The stand is a dust magnet, but that's not going to prevent me from recommending this monitor. I hooked up my PS3 to it and my external sound system and it's a perfect game station for my dorm. Also watch blue ray movies on it and couldn't be more satisfied with the quality of the picture. I'd buy a second one as soon as I found a use for having more, you cannot go wrong with this monitor.
on June 6, 2014
The Samsung LED monitor was a smart purchase. Like all Samsung products the industrial design is first rate. Very cool minimal design. Works both on my Samsung ATIV Book with Windows 8.1 and MacBook Air with Mac OS X Mavericks.
on May 22, 2014
I'm pleased with these monitors (bought 2 for dual-screen setup).

Pros:
- Price
- Power button/controls are pretty cool (it's a low profile joystick on the bottom of the monitor)
- Brightness/sharpness controls are very nice
- Nice sleek modern look

Cons:
- No DVI port
- Monitor tilt - people complain this monitor can't tilt. Apparently it can, but its not very easy. I'm stealing this from a response by the manufacturer on another review: "Please be informed that the monitor does indeed tilt. Place the monitor on a flat sturdy surface, hold the base down firmly with one hand, grasp the top center of the bezel with your other hand and push firmly and gently back. This should tilt the monitor screen back. To tilt the monitor down, just push the bottom of the bezel gently and firmly back while pulling the top of the bezel towards you."
- Height isn't adjustable
on December 5, 2014
Absolutely awesome purchase. I have my server hooked up via VGA and my MacBook Pro Retina 15' via HDMI. The input switching is quick and seamless. The picture is clear, the display is the perfect size for my desk, and the audio output from the back of the machine via the auxiliary port is clear and sounds great. The display ships with a DVI cable, power supply, stand, and both paper and digital copies of the user manual.

Anyone planning on using this monitor with a bootcamped MacBook Pro needs to make sure they install updated drivers for their graphics card on the Windows side. I wasn't able to get it to work until I realized I had outtdated drivers.

I am using this monitor in a dorm room, and while my desk is larger than average for dorm room desks, there is plenty of room to comfortably use the monitor. A quick tip for anyone planning to use this in a dorm: get a comfortable chair. The display is great to look at, but you're gonna be in a ridiculous amount of pain if you plan on using the chair that your school provides.

Originally I thought the monitor itself was crooked on its stand. I had about half a pad of Post-it notes under the right side of the monitor stand, but when I measured, the desk itself was crooked, not the monitor.

I am very pleased with this purchase.
on January 12, 2015
Excellent 23 inch widescreen LED computer monitor replaced a slightly smaller Acer 22 inch LED monitor I now use on an older desktop. Picture quality is outstanding with this Samsung LED monitor!! No major negative points with this monitor at all except controlling the picture quality of the monitor [darkness, sharpness, color and etc] is on a hard-to-see toggle switch under the Samsung name on the front side of this monitor....but once found it's no big issue. I gave this product 5 of 5 stars since picture quality is outstanding with no real major negative issues with this item.
on April 11, 2015
Nice monitor. I had a little trouble finding brightness/contrast settings that worked at night and during the day, but I finally got it. The only thing I don't like is the hokey off switch. It seems to be a three step process to get it to turn off. I'd rather have the on/off button separate from the brightness/contrast controls. Otherwise, a nice monitor.

Yes, I do have it set to turn off automatically, but weirdly the monitor will suddenly turn on for a bit in the middle of the night, and worst, one time a Viewsonic monitor I had (CRT) actually caught on fire one night with the "soft" off. Ever since then, I'd rather actually turn it off for real.
on March 5, 2015
I work from home ever so often, having two monitors is awesome! The Samsung screen is so easy to daisy chain into my new 23" Lenovo home computer that all i needed was a short hdmi cable. I bought the hdmi cable from amazon as well for like $5. Best purchase ever. Samsung is the leader in flat panels and this is why. Very thin screen, Light to carry and move around, great dislay and the price point - YOU CANT BEAT IT!.
Amazon is simply amazing at buying any great products like a sammy monitor. If you work from home and find it painful using one screen to show all your applications, then make the move and get this sammy monitor. Best on market.
on December 8, 2014
Really great monitor! I actually got this today, setup was super simple. I first hooked up the unit with the hdmi port and the picture looked great. Then I tried out the vga cable. I was playing my online game to see how it would look and started messing around with the menu. Thought it looked good before but when I selected cinema mode my brain exploded. Wow, just simply fantastic. The screen was sharp and clear. Very happy with my purchase. Will put up an updated after 6 months or a year.
on April 25, 2014
OK. This is my third and last review 'improvement' for this product.

1. I bought the monitor via Amazon, free delivery to NYC for buying over $35 worth of products. Arrived one day earlier than the 6 days promised. That's good.
2. Easy hook up, using the vgi cable (silly me, I didn't realize my compu has no HMDI connection), and assembly was easy too. The "quick manual" is good ONLY for assembly.Instructions on how to set your monitor colors are in the user manual cd. Not much help either. These instructions, unfortunately, are NOT user-friendly, especially if you are NOT a computer techy. To this point, with all the improvement I made in understanding the system, I still don't know how to use the so-called "calibration" tool. I just did what I could by GUESSING and letting my visual sense guide me. I still don't know how the so-called "patch" is used. You have to guess, use the "preview" and adjust again until you get it right.
3. Monitor can be tilted up and down as described, that's good too. The position WILL affect your perception of image EVEN if you turn off the angle setting.
4. Despite using analog system, the images are clear and beautiful. Having said that...
5. ....it takes time to tame the beast. I just learned (3 days later)to use 'Magic'. Color and brightness controls will be available depending on which setting you are using. You may want to change settings and see how it all varies. You have to PLAY a lot with the whole Magic thing to understand each one of its settings. Trial and error IS the ONLY and BEST way to tame the beast. At the end, you will have FABULOUS colors.
6. FONTS: Some settings, like 'sharpness' in "image settings" (at Magic) WILL affect fonts quality.So when you are fumbling to get everything set, keep looking at the letters on the top of your browser to see how fonts clarity is affected.
7. It really is a BIG screen. I have to keep it at a distant greater than the little monitor I had before because it's too big. It feels like being in a small-screen movie theater when I watch movies. I will probably mount it on a wall here.

Summary:
I have slowly learned to 'tame' the beast. I am absolutely satisfied with the color quality the monitor gives. I'm enjoying it immensely. I imagine (and expect) that the quality will improve exponentially once I get the HDMI adapter for the compu. The only draw back, as I said before, is that the instructions and 'calibration' are not user-friendly. Because of that, I give 4stars.Now to wait for the TEST OF TIME: will it last at least six months without 'issues'? Will see. I'm a Samsung fan, so I expect it will pass that milestone.